• 1 Post By WillieP
  • 1 Post By HeatherWake
  • 1 Post By mcon
  • 3 Post By salady

Thread: Not so excited to meet Target Canada

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Target Canada - I was so excited to meet u for my first visit - UNTIL- I realized Target Canada not too coupon friendly!!! I noticed 2 Marcelle lip gloss on clearance for $2.87 each and being an avid couponer pulled out 2 - $4.00 coupons for one Marcelle product. These were printed not photocopied from the Internet and according to Target Canada's coupon policy accepted at stores. I also knew that... the coupon value would be reduced from 4.00 to 2.87 which is also in the store policy.
    The cashier would not accept the coupon nor would the supervisor called over as the coupon was more than the value of the item - I said the amount should be reduced to the value of the item and they still refused.
    So my excitement to meet Target Canada is now frustration!! This was the Coquitlam BC Store and I was there yesterday around 4:00pm.
    I am a member of a national couponing group and I will be sharing my experience with them and your response!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Target
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Given that they are so new, I imagine they don't have the best training when it comes to coupons.

I would suggest contacting their HQ first, and seeing if they improve.

I know a lot of people are having issues with couponing there. I'm willing to give it some time.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried using the same coupon, and was told they do not take internet coupons, even though their coupon policy states they do

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to target in langley today for the same lipgloss and used my $4.00 off coupon with no problems.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Not worth the drive for me...
    GoJays likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I've found Target in Langley very coupon-friendly, except that the poor cashier has to get an override for each coupon if a customer uses more than one. They do seem to have a policy of no more than four of the same coupon per customer per day but I am okay with that. It means that if I do go there to pick up a few items, I can actually find them in stock.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

reducing the coupons is up to the stores decision i think.
    likes stores around me have told me that they will only reduce if its a couple cents higher ($2 coupon for a $1.98 product etc etc) tried to use a coupon that was 30 cents higher, ...no go...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I've found Target in Langley very coupon-friendly, except that the poor cashier has to get an override for each coupon if a customer uses more than one. They do seem to have a policy of no more than four of the same coupon per customer per day but I am okay with that. It means that if I do go there to pick up a few items, I can actually find them in stock.
    ive said it before...but here it goes again

it is much easier to just take your coupons to customer service, saves time for cashiers that are unsure from calling customer service to the register, or getting a supervisor to come etc etc.
    MDellen likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

OP that was my experience at Target in Delta too. Not pleased. They will be getting an email from me.

Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    ive said it before...but here it goes again

it is much easier to just take your coupons to customer service, saves time for cashiers that are unsure from calling customer service to the register, or getting a supervisor to come etc etc.

I actually *DID* do this and was redirected to a cashier as customer service was for returns and exchanges or inquiries only. Doesn't work all the time.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

One great thing about the Target in Langley is that they close the till if you are using coupons. The light gets switched off immediately, the closed sign goes on the belt and the pressure of holding up other shoppers disappears.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Like today I wasn't allowed to price match and use a store and manufacturer coupon both.I found the price matching coupon policy online.It's ridiculous.First Target coupon then price matching then manufacturer coupon.I would be paying the same price at the original store using just the manufacturer coupon.
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Aug 6th, 2013 at 02:07 AM.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I have not found Target to be very coupon friendly at all! Had tons of hassle over the Glad bag deal. Not sure how well they will do in Canada if this is how they run. And they're not proving to be much competition for Wal-Mart either like people were anticipating. Meh!
    Poirot, krempy and torontogal12 like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Thread Information