User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: McDonalds ~ lobster sandwich warning

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

It contains pieces of shell and they really don't care. Ok, so after reading the blog here about the new lobster sandwich, my wife who absolutely loves sea food on all levels decided to try it out. We took this out as take out, along with the rest of our meal to enjoy at home with the kids. At home, Within her first bite into this sandwich she crunched into a small shell of the lobster, not a big deal. She spat it out and took another bite, where she bites into yet another shell causing a little bit of pain but nothing big. She definitely wasn't brave enough to take a third bite . She called McD's head office who inform her to drive the sandwich back to the store as this must have missed screening(not supposed to be in sandwich), and they will send it in for quality assurance. Which was about 90% of the sandwich at least. So she does and is told it would be a few days. Low and behold today we get a call from "McDonalds insurance company" who basically stated that because there was no injury to her they aren't even going to reimburse her the cost of the sandwich.... Wife called McDonalds who states that once its in their insurance hands they basically don't care(out of their hands~ really?). I mean its not much just under $10 for the meal combo, wife survived her experience with McDonalds new sandwich and customer service but she has vowed not to support such practice. All that wife was looking for was a refund on the sandwich but McDonalds thinks that's too much?
    This thread is currently associated with: McDonald's, Shell
    Last edited by dariusz8; Thu, Aug 15th, 2013 at 05:07 PM.
    tjthemanto, SFARAZ and Decaf like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i think MCD don't even give a Da** about complaints, they have enough customers to even care about it. there are no customer service whatsoever at MCD. don't expect anything to happen.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i dont understand why bothered with the whole "send it in"
    should of just taken it back to mcdonalds and demanded a refund, you really think some teenager is going to care, maybe he will ask manager, and then the manager will give a refund, or replace with more food....

and if that fails, just take a ton of free refills ...get your moneys worth in drinks.

by their reactions to get you to bring it back to send in, it would seem like you threatened to sue them.
    dariusz8 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

btw, I posted a complaint about their lobster sandwich on their FB page and got deleted. lol, without even a response from them.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quite the opposite, I think she was to friendly.. When she dropped the sandwich off she had a form to fill out what her intentions where and she checked of she wasn't sueing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    i dont understand why bothered with the whole "send it in"
    should of just taken it back to mcdonalds and demanded a refund, you really think some teenager is going to care, maybe he will ask manager, and then the manager will give a refund, or replace with more food....

and if that fails, just take a ton of free refills ...get your moneys worth in drinks.

by their reactions to get you to bring it back to send in, it would seem like you threatened to sue them.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

makes me wonder lol.... its one or the other... tough economic times? nope McD's trying to sell crap and not stand behind it? yup
    Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    btw, I posted a complaint about their lobster sandwich on their FB page and got deleted. lol, without even a response from them.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Yes, my bestie mentioned to me that his sandwich got shell pieces in it too. Before I was thinking of trying it, but after hearing all this negativity about it, I'm not planning on wasting my money on this sandwich, I'll stick with my normal McChicken!
    "Expecto Patronum!" - Harry Potter

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The one I tried had a piece of shell in it too.
    But I checked before hand to see if McDonalds had any kind of "like it or your money back" guarantee, and found nothing. So I figured it was probably a waste to try and complain about it.
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

McDO really needs to learn from other compagnies how to handle CS......IMHO

P.S. BTW Lobster Sadwiches used to be way better when they were first add to their menu in the Maritimes many years ago....still thinking of the first we eate in the NB....lot of stuff ...yummy....and often deceived with the one they sell now
    Last edited by Mia001; Thu, Aug 15th, 2013 at 06:42 PM.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Okay, I have to ask. Did anyone actually think lobster at McDonald's would be a good thing? I like their French fries, but I'm pretty sure they coat them in crack-salt, other than that, I can't be bothered with anything else they offer.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giddymonkey View Post
    Okay, I have to ask. Did anyone actually think lobster at McDonald's would be a good thing? I like their French fries, but I'm pretty sure they coat them in crack-salt, other than that, I can't be bothered with anything else they offer.
    It seems to be hit and miss. I wasn't expecting a maritime lobster roll by any means, but there appear to be some locations in Ontario (according to other scers) that seem to make an excellent lobster roll. I was definitely not expecting shell though.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I tried the roll and I found that it only tasted like celery. An employee saw me not liking it and asked me what I thought of it and she said that many people complained of the celery taste.

She offered me mayo and various other sauces to disguise the flavor. Definitely not getting it again!!! Especially after hearing about people finding shells!!!
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I am actually surprised that there is real lobster in their sandwich!!! I was sure it was some kind of fish substitute...like the fake crab meat that's out there.

Pretty shoddy though that they would have you go to the hassle of taking it back to the restaurant only to tell you later that you're "out of luck". Even if they wouldn't refund you, it wouldn't have cost them much to give you a free 'combo' coupon for use at another time.
    dariusz8 and Teri623 like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am a big sea food lover myself, but, I would never trust McDonalds with seafood lol. Sorry, i either eat seafood at home and at my families homes and that is it.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

First step should have just been to the manager, who probably would have refunded the money.

Too bad you got the run around when you tried to go further.

That item is just not something I'd try at any fast food place, let alone Mickey D's.
    DaveP, dariusz8 and Sunshyne1 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information