• 3 Post By i_forget
  • 1 Post By matrix82
  • 2 Post By Skittles160
  • 3 Post By Xarinn
  • 2 Post By i_forget

Thread: Contigo travel mugs

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a 2 pack of the travel mugs at Costco a few weeks ago and I LOVE them!

The mugs are stainless steel, so they do not hold the flavours of hot beverages and are healthier to drink from than plastic.
    The lids screw on, so there is no more tipping back for a drink and having the lid flip off (like my old timmies one).
    They are pretty much spill proof! I filled mine with water and tossed it into my purse and left the other day, and did not get a drop anywhere in my purse! To drink from it, you have to press and hold a button, which in turn opens up the spout.

$19.99 regular for 2 at Costco, I bought mine for $16.99 on sale.
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco
    matrix82, Mia and PammieD like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've seen people with these mugs. I had wondered if they were good. Thanks for your review.
    i_forget likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I love mine except...I find they don't get clean!

It's almost impossible to clean the grime that builds up in the lid and even after soaking it hot water or putting it in the dishwasher, there's still placed that are impossible to clean. And then - I use mine for tea - I end up with stuff stuck to the bottom that won't come off...and the bottom can't go in the dishwasher. If anyone has some super magic way to make these look like new again, do share!!

On the other hand - they're amazing for keeping things warm. I once forgot my mug in the car when I was at work, and came back and it was still warm!!
    nightlite and i_forget like this.
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles160 View Post
    I love mine except...I find they don't get clean!

It's almost impossible to clean the grime that builds up in the lid and even after soaking it hot water or putting it in the dishwasher, there's still placed that are impossible to clean. And then - I use mine for tea - I end up with stuff stuck to the bottom that won't come off...and the bottom can't go in the dishwasher. If anyone has some super magic way to make these look like new again, do share!!

On the other hand - they're amazing for keeping things warm. I once forgot my mug in the car when I was at work, and came back and it was still warm!!
    I clean the lids of my travel mugs with a nipple brush ( the ones on baby bottles ) and it works really well, it can get down in all the nooks and crannies and get everything out.

Overall I love thse travel mugs, they also make travel cups that my kids love and use for water and juice when they are playing sports etc. They are great and never leak!!
    matrix82, PammieD and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use a baby bottle brush with the nipple attachment as well. They are perfect for cleaning out these sorts of items. I have one I bought at walmart, the entire brush is plastic, and the nipple brush screws into the end....and it has a suction cup on the nipple brush so it can sit upright. I find the ones that are a plastic grip with the metal where the bristles are do not last as long.
    Xarinn and PammieD like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I also have these mugs. One for myself, one for DH. I drink tea, he drinks coffee.

Love them! They don't spill, and DH is extremely rough on things like this, and it's fared him well!!

Yes, agreed, my only issue is cleaning the top. Bleach I use to clean the bottom part - just soak it for a while (1 tsp or less of bleach, rest hot water) and takes away my tea stains.
    I'm not a mom, so not familar with this bottle cleaner thing that everyone is talking about, and unlikey I will purchase it just to clean these! But glad someone is getting them clean!
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I use an old acrylic paint brush to get into the little nooks and crannies of the lid...it gets really funky if you only swish it out. I think the new design is worse than the old for cleaning.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Absolutely love using my Contigo coffee mugs But cleaning is an issue. I've had several over the last year they're great for taking a coffee on my motorcycle, But a real bugger to clean. I've had some success with boiling hot water and I've also tried soaking in vinegar then adding baking soda for it bubbling action and following up with a Q-Tip, I also think a wire pipe cleaner would do good but after they get too gross I toss them out and get a new one as they are reasonably priced.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Pipe cleaner, that's a good idea, might try that. I say the same thing as everyone else, great mugs but are a PITA to clean. I can't see that you could use a cup that you're using for coffee and then use it for something else, the coffee smell remains in the lid.

I think that if your cup is plain silver coloured it can go in the dishwasher.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

All Contigo bottles are the best! Have given many as gifts. They have a stainless steel water bottle that's fabulous if you can find one or order from their website. I bought it at Costco in South Carolina. Haven't seen them in Canada.
    "The years teach us much, which the days never knew."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i am agree with it
    zahid

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Target carries Contego. They have the great water bottles, but they're not stainless. Nice looking bottle.
    "The years teach us much, which the days never knew."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information