User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    Just an FYI, I was at Wal-mart today, and had two printed coupons, one for the advil $5 off and one for $2.50 off stay free. Let me tell you what a hassle this was. I have never had a problem with using any coupons printed off the internet until today.

First the cashier had to talk to a CSM, fine, that took some time & she came back & said they wouldn't accept it. So I then ask for a Manager, I had to wait again. I wasn't angry or rude or anything, just really matter of fact. I was told that they were informed by their home office today that they will no longer be accepting internet coupons because they had a real problem with companies not honouring them. They were pretty good with me, other than the waiting, but I think they could tell I wasn't impressed. They let me use them, but made sure I knew this was a one time thing.

I have a feeling this is related back to the Maple Leaf Coupons that were circulating. I went to a Wal-mart by my workplace, and although I never used them, I know of quite a few people at my work place that had. I don't know if they were aware they weren't legit or not, but to use them when you know then I'm sorry but in my opinion it's pretty much stealing,

It would just really be sad if retailers started having a problem accepting these due to some people that would have taken advantage.

I just wanted everyone to be aware that there may be some problems at Wal-mart. I'm planning on calling into their customer service to see what they say about it.

Sorry to go on, but I feel better now getting it off my chest
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I hope they all don't start doing that.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

they seem to be getting worse - cashiers over scrutinize every single coupon I have.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a bunch of coupons with me, most of them were save.ca ones which no problem, they just looked at the $ amount and that was it. It was with the printed ones that there was a problem.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thats why i stop use coupons,beacuse walmart cashier give tension hahhaha
    they takes soo much time ,then manger come ,and they did not allow hahaha

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

walmart refuse my coupon too... even the save.ca, they question me alot ( very rude cashier) ( it sound to me she want some.by the way she ask me..... jealouss.....)

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

i wonder if that is just a problem at your local walmart. I used printed ones on tuesday and had no problems with them

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I find it is a hit and miss with Walmart. I have used printed coupons at the one in Langley and it was fine(I actually impressed the cashier by saving $16.00!). I then wanted to use my Glade $2.00 off and the CSM was called and I was told that they would do it this time but not next time blah, blah, blah....

Im going to stick to the South Surrey one since they never have a problem taking it.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

i think it depends on the cashier last week at walmart i got one who didnt question a thing! even price matches she didnt even look at the flyers she just took my word for it, I could have been making up the prices for all she knew lol
    this week i had one the accused me of bringing in an old flyer and triple checked every coupon I gave her, then tried to tell me she couldnt take the save.ca coupons finally out of frustration she did. She was horrible she didnt know anything, must have been a new christmas rush hire In my opinion the younger cashiers are better they just want to get over with what they are doing and dont care !!
    Jealously plays a huge role in it too
    I hate when people behind you in line make rude comments, oh this is taking so long why do you have so many coupons, or my fav geez what a cheap skate, just because they dont price match or cut coupons !!!!!
    Last edited by justaydan1; Thu, Dec 4th, 2008 at 09:48 PM.

JAMs Wife
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I printed out a copy of the walmart coupon policy, and pull that out if they every have a problem. It ususally fixes up things pretty quickly!

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I just used printed coupons this evening at WalMart and all was fine ???

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I guess we should all have that policy on hand whenever we go there!

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

I am not too impressed with WalMart on coupons. But, sometimes has the same experience in Zellers and SDM.

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

i went to zellers to use the coupon they provided, the cashier had to check twice...and it was only a 50cent coupon too!

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

My walmart here in London(one of the walmarts anyways) actually has a book they looked up my printable/internet coupons, she told me it was a list of bad coupons to watch for. When she didnt find mine in it, she said my coupons were good and told the cashier to process them. They could just give that info to the cashiers to speed things up a little.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information