• 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By CanadianCouponCollector
  • 1 Post By torontogal12

Thread: Feel I've been duped - OldNavy

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey All,

Just venting a bit, but decided to post what I believe is shady practices by OldNavy concerning their "Super Cash" promotion. I'll preface by first stating that I should have looked more carefully at the promotion details - IF in fact they were outlined. I believe it was buried within the small print.

So, buying clothes for the kids for back to school..offed promotion of $30 back when you spend $75. Okay, took the bait and went for it. Strategically purchased what I needed so I could maximize my next purchase using the such cash promo codes. BAM! : can't use the codes for at least two weeks (and only within a one week window). So fine, took the hit and waiting to finish off my shopping till then. The dates here, and BAM: you have to spend ANOTHER $75 in order to use the codes - and only one code per $75 purchase - effectively negating the original purchase promo! See what happened there?

To my mind: bad practice - to the point where I will most likely not buy from there again, and shame on me for not delving deeper into the details. Caveat emptor!

VS
    This thread is currently associated with: Old Navy
    Mags and vesper like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yeah I got some great deals the other day which gave me the Supercash. Now I don't want to spend $75 or even $45 to make it worth it. I'm not using mine either. Too bad, but at least the first batch of deals was great
    Candini and vesper like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Had the same scenario at Reitmanns several years ago.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not a very smart promotion. Should make the customer feel good, not dumb when enjoying the savings. I'm surprised they do this.
    Mags likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Not a very smart promotion. Should make the customer feel good, not dumb when enjoying the savings. I'm surprised they do this.
    Not a very good way to encourage people to come back. This kind of promotion does the opposite!
    anisa and Mags like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

shop at thrift stores, i dont know why some people dislike them, most of the clothes are almost brand new , ive even found some that are with tags still on them.

t-shirt = $3 vs $20 retail
    jeans - $6 vs $30 retail
    Natalka, coupon girl and Mags like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Many stores now do this. I got caught with this at both Penningtons and Additional Elle on their old reward system. After you spent so much money you got a $25 gift certificate which was great until they added the stipulation that to use the gift certificate you now needed to spend $100 before taxes.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Just remember that if you're already spending $45 anyway, it's like you're getting $30 in free stuff (to get to $75). If you're not spending that much, don't bother
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ok i take back what I said about not using the Supercash. I just went on their site and found a lot of stuff for cheap. The two items I wanted came to $42.99 so I bought them and added a bunch of other stuff that essentially was free. Thanks for the promo, Old Navy!

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... I originally purchased some clearance clothes for DD a few weeks ago, taking advantage of this promo as well as some swagbucks gift cards. the cashback was kind of a bonus. I knew I had to go in to the store for my son's clothes as he's picky and I never know what size he is until he tries it on. And conveniently for me, this was the only weekend I could get out to the store. I have another swagbucks gift card to use, plus the 10% off shopping bag, plus the supercash, and plan on spending over $75 anyway, so it works out well for me. Just like any other shopping, it's only a deal if you were going to spend the money anyway.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

If you're ordering online, make sure you go through ebates or Air Miles Shops first so you can get cash back or bonus Air Miles
    CrazyQT likes this.

Thread Information