User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    19,186
    Likes Received
    898
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    0
    Were gonna buy a tv for xmas, probably see what boxing deals there is basically our parents are giving us money to pool to buy one.

    But I haven't the foggiest of what to look for what to stay away from.

    Right now we have a 27'' tube cause we never jumped on the big tv wagon.

    I'd prefer a wall mount since I envision my toddler knocking over a brand new flat screen.

    Probably looking for the 40'' range.

    Brands to stay away from?

    Any fabulous deals right now that will beat out the boxing sales?

    HELP!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A


  2. #2
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Age
    35
    Posts
    498
    Likes Received
    1
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)




    Go for the brand names with tvs,You get what you pay for. Stay away from the cheap ones... London Drugs is going to have a 32" Samsung 1080p on for 500$, I heard it from a little birdie... Now thats a good deal... Also if your get an HDTV invest in the blueray player, Why buy the pretty tv and not use it to its full potential?

  3. #3
    Canadian Women Rock travel-mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my happy place
    Posts
    1,148
    Likes Received
    939
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)




    Our Leons has a Samsung 40" LDC for $699. That's a great deal! Quantities are limited. We're thinking of running out and getting one!

  4. #4
    Smart Canuck roxyjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northern NB
    Posts
    2,496
    Likes Received
    3
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)




    I want a new tv,,, and don't have the foggiest idea about which one is best on sale and on a budget....... looking forward to hearing what people have to say on this topic... thanks for posting it.

  5. #5
    I'm a Llama :) zameluzza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    between Ottawa and Montreal, Ontario
    Posts
    2,822
    Likes Received
    9
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)




    wow good luck everyone getting a new TV my 19" is acting up to, but I hope it hold out a little longer.

  6. #6
    Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    19,186
    Likes Received
    898
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    So far in research a lot of people say plasma is better then LCD

  7. #7
    Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    4,525
    Likes Received
    1
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)




    The best brands are Samsung and Panasonic

  8. #8
    Save Save Save!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    156
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)


    Consumer reports list Samsung and Sony as the top 3 rated LCD TV's for 40 - 42 inch range.

  9. #9
    Frosh Canuck stephanieherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Echo
    Posts
    380
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    So far in research a lot of people say plasma is better then LCD
    I wouldnt buy a plasma!! they burn out quicker than an LCD but I would only buy an LCD 1080p or more. and I would buy a Toshiba or sony.

  10. #10
    Senior Canuck karalin9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London, Ont.
    Posts
    925
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)




    We have an LG LCD and it's wonderful! Stephanieherman is right, plasmas have a set life, and will burn out much quicker than LCD's.

    Also check out (i know it's on this site somewhere) there's a deal at either best buy or future shop where you can bring in your old tube and get some money off the purchase of a new tv.

    Good luck Sally! Make sure you let us know what you get!
    <a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wfD0hQW/">
    <img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wfD0hQW/savings.png"></a>


  11. #11
    Senior Canuck karalin9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London, Ont.
    Posts
    925
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by karalin9 View Post
    We have an LG LCD and it's wonderful! Stephanieherman is right, plasmas have a set life, and will burn out much quicker than LCD's.

    Also check out (i know it's on this site somewhere) there's a deal at either best buy or future shop where you can bring in your old tube and get some money off the purchase of a new tv.

    Good luck Sally! Make sure you let us know what you get!
    nevermind... it's expired http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/45817-b...-panel-canada/
    <a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wfD0hQW/">
    <img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wfD0hQW/savings.png"></a>


  12. #12
    iDs is offline
    iDs
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)


    Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Were gonna buy a tv for xmas, probably see what boxing deals there is basically our parents are giving us money to pool to buy one.

    But I haven't the foggiest of what to look for what to stay away from.

    Right now we have a 27'' tube cause we never jumped on the big tv wagon.

    I'd prefer a wall mount since I envision my toddler knocking over a brand new flat screen.

    Probably looking for the 40'' range.

    Brands to stay away from?

    Any fabulous deals right now that will beat out the boxing sales?

    HELP!
    We'll assuming the 40" range means 42" is ok CHECK THIS OUT http://www.leons.ca/shared/product/p...ItemId=1374690

    It is currently 899.99 at leons you could price MATCH almost anywhere if you want.

    I've BEEN researching like their is no tomorrow for the last month and a half.

    For this price you just cannot BEAT the quality and performance of this model. yes you can spend 100 less and get a LCD 40 inch model but not as good as panasonic quality.

    No matter WHAT you watch DVD, Standard Definition TV, HD TV or even BluRay this panasonic is absolutley amazing. This specific model is very highly rated on avsforum.com (a home theatre enthusiast forum) and voted highly by CNET.

    And not it won't be on sale on boxing day. The lowest i've seen this tv is 897 here in canada. I've been watching prices like a HAWK.

    I'd jump on this but I'm waiting for the 50" version of this to come down in price a bit more.

  13. #13
    Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    19,186
    Likes Received
    898
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by iDs View Post
    We'll assuming the 40" range means 42" is ok CHECK THIS OUT http://www.leons.ca/shared/product/p...ItemId=1374690

    It is currently 899.99 at leons you could price MATCH almost anywhere if you want.



    I've BEEN researching like their is no tomorrow for the last month and a half.

    For this price you just cannot BEAT the quality and performance of this model. yes you can spend 100 less and get a LCD 40 inch model but not as good as panasonic quality.

    No matter WHAT you watch DVD, Standard Definition TV, HD TV or even BluRay this panasonic is absolutley amazing. This specific model is very highly rated on avsforum.com (a home theatre enthusiast forum) and voted highly by CNET.

    And not it won't be on sale on boxing day. The lowest i've seen this tv is 897 here in canada. I've been watching prices like a HAWK.

    I'd jump on this but I'm waiting for the 50" version of this to come down in price a bit more.

    This is the EXACT tv I was looking at!!! Omg! What a concidence! TY!!!

  14. #14
    Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    19,186
    Likes Received
    898
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    I've done a lot of researching on lifespan of plasma vs lcd, and yes old plasmas only lasted 30 000 hours but now plasmas last about 60 000 hours right along with LCD

    ''For consumer use these numbers should be comforting. Plasma Displays are now about equivalent in longevity to LCDs, which typically state 60,000 hours''

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •