User Tag List

Page 551 of 966 FirstFirst ... 51 451 501 541 549 550 551 552 553 561 601 651 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to buy 3 of the Pro-Relief toothpaste, which meant they would cost $2.99 per item. Safeway's computer system gives the multi-buy price reduction of $1 under the category "SC", which seems to mean "Safeway coupon". When I gave the $3 manufacturer's coupons to the cashier, the Safeway computer system automatically removed the $1 multi-buy discount. I was told that the multi-buy discount is like a coupon, and that I can't have 2 coupons on a product. Did anyone else have this problem? It was all automatic, and apparently it still did the same thing, even if the $3 manufacturer's coupons were entered as $2.99.
    Last edited by --Becks--; Sun, Sep 29th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
    operabob, cheekysaver and 4sure5 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    324 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by --Becks-- View Post

I went to buy 3 of the Pro-Relief toothpaste, which meant they would cost $2.99 per item. Safeway's computer system gives the multi-buy price reduction of $1 under the category "SC", which seems to mean "Safeway coupon". When I gave the $3 manufacturer's coupons to the cashier, the Safeway computer system automatically removed the $1 multi-buy discount. I was told that the multi-buy discount is like a coupon, and that I can't have 2 coupons on a product. Did anyone else have this problem? It was all automatic, and apparently it still did the same thing, even if the $3 manufacturer's coupons were entered as $2.99.
    very strange
    i bought 9x first round and 3x next, scan, gave my safeway card, it came to 2.99, gave my coupons and airmiles
    had no problem

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    324 (100%)

btw in their policy it says you CAN combine club discount/coupon with manufacture coupon

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ My whole purchase was just the 3 toothpastes. Did u buy other stuff as well? I had this issue happen at the checkout as well as at the customer service till. Their computer system kept deducting the $1 multi-buy discount when they input the manufacturer coupons.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I had no issue with this either, purchased my 9x toothpaste @$2.99 each with 9x $3 coupons. My purchase was more than just the toothpaste though so that may be the difference.
    That's good to know so thank you for posting. If it's done automatically by the computer it will be hard to argue coupon policy with a cashier.
    operabob and cheekysaver like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    324 (100%)

i bought only toothpaste, and did not have any problems...but for sure it would be hard to argue when the system does that
    i am wondering if cashier was hitting the right button
    meaning as MANUFACTURE coupon

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Buy a banana with the toothpaste & hopefully it'll work as your total will be over $9 when the coupons are applied. I was just in Safeway tonight to get the $2 milk & saw an the Astro Drinkable yogurt on sale 4/$5. & also earn 5 Airmiles. There are also coupons out there for save $1. WUB 2 which is great on Customer Appreciation Day. I just stacked for 10 free drinks @ SOF as they were 2/$3., but didn't know they were on sale or would've price matched.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

The computer was not coming up with the correct total for me either. I got a free toothpaste and all of them adjusted for the difference at the counter. I bought lots of stuff though so they did not attempt to ring it in again. Also they did scan the item to show the coupon applied to it, that might have made the problem happen too which is not something they've ever done here in Manitoba before. I know they've done it out east. However it was okay because they made it right for me.
    Last edited by debragirl31; Mon, Sep 30th, 2013 at 04:05 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I remember a while ago, I used the self-checkout to buy 1 or 2 items, and I had a manufacturer's coupon. It was not a multi-buy. When the cashier entered the coupon, the computer system added back $1 onto my total. The cashier then had to try to manually manipulate things so that it would be the right total, just like what happened with the toothpaste this time. I now avoid self-checkout if I have a coupon, but maybe these two incidents are related. I think I'll try a different Safeway store and see if the error occurs again.
    Last edited by --Becks--; Mon, Sep 30th, 2013 at 07:20 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Got 15x toothpaste with 150 airmiles plus 6x drinkable yogurts on for 4/$5 with 50% off stickers and used 3x save $1/WUB2 coupons and got 5 bonus air miles to boot! A REALLY good shopping trip today!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hey Bob, (lets try this approach Tommy and see if it works) How is my favorite big sexi airmiles guy doing? Is there any news on the flyer yet?

Ok there is a chance i would pay Tommy in coupons if he said that to Bob!
    4sure5 likes this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sexy Bob

Name:  Bob-Sinclar2.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  13.2 KB

3 DAY Sale October 4 - 6:

Lucerne Ice Cream 1.89L $2.50 L4

Red Seedless Grapes $1.49/lb L3 Bags

Extra Lean Ground Beef $2.99/lb L4

Bothwell Cheddar $7.99

Artisan Cheesecake or Chocolate Sample $3.99

Bakery Croissants (15) $5

Cymbidium Orchids $29.99

Herbal Essence Hair Care BOGO (no limit showing, could double up on P&G coupons)

Beck's,

Just did my Tuesday 10% shop. 10% first, coupons second, no problem.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Woohoo thanks Bob! My Parents went and got a nutro blender and decided to give it a try (it is a big magic bullet) They didn't like it for juicing so they gave it to me... now i need some ice cream to break it in right)
    operabob likes this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I just bought some ground beef today not on sale But at least it was 15% off day. Can't wait to get some on the weekend now. Thanks!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Woohoo thanks Bob! My Parents went and got a nutro blender and decided to give it a try (it is a big magic bullet) They didn't like it for juicing so they gave it to me... now i need some ice cream to break it in right)
    I was forever destroying blades of blenders crushing ice making home made ice caps.

I was going to buy a pro machine ($600-$800) when the new Consumer Reports came out with ratings on blenders.

Name:  ninja-master-prep-professional.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  14.5 KB

They gave the "Ninja Blender" for $60 better ratings than the pro models. I bought one at Canada Tire. It crushes ice in half a second. Amazing machine if you need a blender.
    Giving-Small and cheekysaver like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Thread Information