User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Pampers - a depressing experince

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    571 (100%)

Hi Everyone! Thank you for your comments ! .. they have given me some ideas to work on.

I'd like to add from your comments that first, I had been buying the diapers for my daughter and I did buy more because we wanted the diapers - the coupons were an enticing bonus which we thought we should have since they were advertized on the packages and I thought the coupons would be useful. I don't know what coupons were supposed to actually be in the bag, but I am pretty sure they should not have been what Jessica mailed out to me.

I do feel kinda depressed over all of the emails which don't go anywhere. ( I'll get over it soon enough, but it's just the effort and the expectations I'd hoped for that make me sad ) I honestly tried my best in the emails but I am somewhat disappointed in myself for my own wording on my last email to Jessica. I think I could have handled that better and nicer.

I really like all of your ideas of phoning them. I just have to work up some kind of momentum to do it after the failure in the emails.
    Last edited by Who's Driving me ?; Sat, Oct 5th, 2013 at 05:14 PM.
    MillieH likes this.
    Please remember to place your username on or in the envolope if you would like feedback !!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What?? That's nonsense! Oh my! Save all e-mails and coupons from it and call for management!
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Say what you want about whether or not the OP should have bought more diapers after the first dsappointment. The fact is that it is disappointing customer service....it is not as if she is asking for a refund for the cost of the diapers. They are coupons, for heavens sake!!!

Mail the lady some coupons, P&G! You know you had an issue with some of your product. Just do the smart thing.
    Last edited by DianneS; Sat, Oct 5th, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
    Momof3girlies and MillieH like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

The experience is surely depressing...certainly not the way for such a profitable company to treat a loyal customer. I would encourage you to call & speak to management or write a letter & address it to the president. That employee is not thinking outside of the box to retain you as a customer. I have bought boxed Pampers & wonder why they include coupons for products that are redeemable/sold only in the US(eg Dreft, Green Sprouts ,Carter's USA).. some of these coupons are also expired or almost expiring...Can't they figure out what products should be for the Canadian market & either don't include these cpns for US products or include them if the products are available in all provinces/territories in Canada? I've never experience missing cpns.. I have emailed Pampers re Rewards code & was answered promptly & positively so was my experience with Huggies. We're u buying the Pampers diapers from the same. store? It's weird that you kept getting boxes that are missing coupons & I assume that's why they wanted proof..I guess you'd have to video record it & send them. Good luck & probably try Huggies if your "bad luck "continues with Pampers.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    571 (100%)

Shirnette thanks for your input! and thank you everyone else too.

I did buy all of the diapers from Save On Foods over a few weeks time if that answers your question and I also agree with you about why do we in Canada have to receive USA coupons in our diaper boxes ? That is another topic on its own but hey, we certainly have the population to support having our own assortment of Pamper coupons for Canadians.
    DianneS likes this.
    Please remember to place your username on or in the envolope if you would like feedback !!

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

wow!! That's just ridiculous!! You'd think they'd offer better customer service than that That's sad....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    571 (100%)

Thank you again for all of your input !

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

the $10 coupons in my diaper packages were useless .. lol they were on batteries.. shutterfly and a box of diapers and some other stuff... they werent really like on diapers.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Frustrating indeed. At least Jessica was polite through the whole transaction. Hope one day you get all your coupons. By then they may be expired though.
    missxhillary likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

I made a diaper cake from newborn Pampers diapers that were marked with the advertized $10 in coupons.

Included were
    $2.00 off Green Sprouts < says only redeemable in USA
    $20. shutterfly
    $1.00 Dreft I don't think we even have this product in B.C. and it says not redeemable in Canada

and a Pampers' code.

I had bought 5 packages all together (twins!) and laughed at the ridiculous coupons, especially for the ones not redeemed in Canada. Oh, and if you have already redeemed a similar offer from Shutterfly, you are excluded from using that $20 offer! LOL

Anyways, I emailed customer service, was provided with an apology, my points would be taken up with marketing (ya, right!) BUT they were VERY prompt and sent me over $50 of coupons for wipes and diapers (eg. $6 for a case of wipes, $10 for a case of diapers, etc.).

I'm sad that you had a horrible experience with "Jessica" since my experience was so exceptionally well-handled.
    pippinelkhound and DianneS like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

OP, Contact them through their fb page. I have had this happen to me before. bought 2 packages of diaper from loblaws and it was advertise on the box $40.00 worth of cpns inside. Oh yeah, don't really know what cpns were inside. I basically purchase pampers becos of the cpns offer. My kids are good with either huggies or pampers. I opened the boxes and nothing. I phoned them and they asked for the codes from the box (upc and some nums from the diapers.) they send me two cpn booklet in the mail. some of them were not good in Canada. I wasn't happy but let it go. Another time I bought one package from sdm and they had cpns inside $5.00. I opened it and it was 2x$2.50 burt bee and can only be use in u.s.a. I don't use burt bee, but am sure I can trade it for something I can use. I emailed them and they offer me 2x$5.00 cpns good on any of their pampers box. So it doesn't really matter whether the cpns are useful or not. it may not be useful to others, but maybe to others.

Op, hope this get resolve fast for ya.
    Last edited by vaughngal; Sat, Oct 12th, 2013 at 07:46 AM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tthomp47 View Post
    I would Call. You get better response. Just My opinion.
    I would call too. I had a similar experience with playtex and the piece of garbage diaper genie that they now make. After many back and forths (and needing to send coupons back) I used my big girl voice and demanded to speak to a supervisor. That's when the whole mess got resolved quickly.
    GoddessDigi and DianneS like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tip: instead of sending your photos as attachments in an email, go to www.postimage.org and upload your images there. You can then just tell them to look at the images online.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

The Pampers boxes that I buy always have either American coupons or no coupons at all in them. I've had my fair share of interactions with Pampers "customer service" and have to agree...their customer service is lacking, and sometimes they are pretty rude. Hope it gets sorted out for you!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That sure is frustrating, though I have to agree with posters who said that it's an issue that should have been taken up with the store, especially since it was several boxes & not just one. & to be honest, I don't see what Jessica could have done differently. She essentially sent out $70 in coupons to you just taking your word for what happened (1 box initially I'm assuming + the next 3 + another 3 if I'm counting right). I'm honestly surprised that she would send so much. & the coupons sound like they were the right ones as Pampers always has booklets of coupons for their whole line of products, not just diapers. What else could she have done? On top of the $70 she sent out, send out another $70 worth of diapers coupons because the customer claimed that's what was suppose to be in the box? I think she would have gotten fired if she did that.. I know to us it sounds like Pampers is being greedy with their coupons but from a company standpoint, I don't know.. I think it was handled as best it could.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information