User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: My awful experience in shoppers drug mart with using $5 stayfree coupon

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to shoppers drug mart on Sunday night for using the new Stayfree buy 2 get $5 OFF coupon cuz stayfree was on sale for $2.49 on Sat and Sun(Oct 12&13). I brought 4 packs of stayfree to cashier with 2 stayfree coupons. She read the coupons again and again and didn't take any actions because of “big” value of the coupons, then she called supervisor who checked the coupons. The supervisor read the coupon very carefully.

Finally he told me the coupon was” limit one coupon per purchase and per person”.

I said:” OK. Please do me two transactions please. I have a friend here.
    I will buy two packs and my friend will buy another 2 packs.”

The supervisor said” No. I only treat you guys as one person. “

I said” I have two persons here, how can you treat us as one person?” It doesn't make senses.

He kept saying” The coupons are not for sale products.”

I said” the coupon doesn’t say only for regular price products.”

The supervisor kept finding the excuses to turn down my coupons. The supervisor said: “The coupon doesn’t say for sale products, either.” That’s so ridiculous respond.

The supervisor continued to say “The coupon value is over the product value, we don’t accept those coupons. “

I said ”If the value of the coupon exceeds the value of the product, the coupon is to be processed as equal to the scanned retail of the product. That’s your company’s policy. “The supervisor said NO and didn't respond any more.

I requested to see the manager; the supervisor said the manager was not here. I can leave my name and phone number, the manager will contact me tomorrow. For privacy purpose, I didn't leave my info. Since there was a long customer line behind me and they were all looking at me, I didn't argue with them any more. But I still felt unhappy with my shopping experience. I want to complain the supervisor he didn't know about the coupon policy as a store supervisor. Should I do that? Have anyone met the same situation as me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by lucy2011; Tue, Oct 15th, 2013 at 06:39 PM.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

HUGS, Lucy. That manager sounds like is a rotten crotch. What an ass. I hope you complained to their head office.
    tasha313 and saavygal1234 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3girlies View Post
    HUGS, Lucy. That manager sounds like is a rotten crotch. What an ass. I hope you complained to their head office.
    Thank you for your reply. Can I complain this to head office? I've never dealt with Shoppers before.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

The stayfree on sale was 14-24 packs, but the coupon is only valid on 40-120 counts, so it wouldn't have been good anyways. Sorry to hear you had a rotten time though.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy2011 View Post
    Thank you for your reply. Can I complain this to head office? I've never dealt with Shoppers before.
    YES!! DEFINITELY complain to head office....just maybe don't refer to the supervisor as a "rotten crotch"! Though THAT made me spit water through my nose, hilarious, thanks Momto3girlies!

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    The stayfree on sale was 14-24 packs, but the coupon is only valid on 40-120 counts, so it wouldn't have been good anyways. Sorry to hear you had a rotten time though.
    It was good on the panty liners!!!!....I got 24 packs this weekend for FREE....well, paid the 5% tax on feminine products.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherWake View Post
    It was good on the panty liners!!!!....I got 24 packs this weekend for FREE....well, paid the 5% tax on feminine products.
    I know, but OP said she "brought 4 packs of stayfree to cashier".

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    Oh? The Carefree 52 counts and 60 counts are also on sale for $2.49. Even though I was not buying the carefree liners, I was turning down by "the value of coupon exceeds the value of products." not by the product size. If the store told me the coupons were not good for stayfree, I can still use them for carefree. But the store did not want to sell me.
    Last edited by lucy2011; Tue, Oct 15th, 2013 at 07:16 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

What city? What province?

Is there another Shoppers near by (hopefully with a nicer supervisor)?

hopesdreams
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

I also tried to purchased four of the carefree liners. Cashier read all the fine print. Then she only let me use one coupon with my large order of food.
    Do onto others as you wish done to you.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/hopesdreams

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

did u make 24 transactions?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherWake View Post
    tasha313 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just go to Walmart with those coupons because they don't mind doing multiple transactions for me plus most times they will just do it in one transaction because they get there money any ways. When I asked the SDM manger to just do separate transactions and he was like saying something about their accountant gives them trouble for doing that or something like that and I was like WTH how can they tell that you are the same person

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    What city? What province?

Is there another Shoppers near by (hopefully with a nicer supervisor)?
    Vancouver, BC, I went there at around 10:30pm. Most of shoppers near by were closed at that time.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Unfortunate however the store can do whatever they want in regards to accepting of coupons and can over ride head office! It has been done here MANY times and that is why I refused to shop at certain prime locations and would rather drive to another store

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lucy2011 View Post
    Oh? The Carefree 52 counts and 60 counts are also on sale for $2.49. Even though I was not buying the carefree liners, I was turning down by "the value of coupon exceeds the value of products." not by the product size. If the store told me the coupons were not good for stayfree, I can still use them for carefree. But the store did not want to sell me.
    I am just saying the issue you have with them not taking the coupons because they exceed the value of the product is a moot point, since the coupon was not valid on the purchase anyways. I'm not trying to argue and I'm not trying to be rude to you, but you were wanting to use the coupon incorrectly, albeit unintentionally. If you were buying the carefree then you would have a legit complaint.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information