User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: HUGEEEEE NEWS FOR WALMART SHOPPERS ~ Policy update

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Expired on: Sat, Aug 22nd, 2015
    I have huge exciting news for you all.... I was updated on a new policy that has started the beginning of this week(was told it came in on Monday) that no body knows about it seems or else it be posted but I haven't seen it any where. It may take a while for some stores to inform their employees... so bare with them.

Some of you may remember a thread I posted a while ago in the brags section http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/363329-...cation-canada/ after moving to the city I wasn't very disappointed learning that my local wm would not pm like my previous one did for like the last 2 years. Frustrated I wrote head office via their contact us in an email requesting that my email be forwarded higher up to someone who has abilities of looking into policy changes. I was never responded to regarding this email. I am not taking any credit but low and behold I was informed from my favorite csm a few days ago of a memo that came in that changes the policy in regards price matching for all wm. Not all csm may be aware of it yet.... so give it time and check out your local wm before heading out.

Ok so do I have your attention yet lol....

well the new policy is to pm any printed flyer(yes you can print your flyer at home excluding warehouse, wholesale etc ) from any retailer from anywhere in Canada ~ its no longer just local competition. There are some amazing deals to be had from other provinces or even cities within the same province.... you can now price match them. How much better can walmart get? I just love shopping there

I confirmed this at a couple different wm today. So get your printed flyers and get ready to take price matching to a whole new level... you can use coupons in addition like before to price matches.

Good luck and happy price matching.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Via Rail, Walmart

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

hmm that is very interesting.

My local WM cs still doesn't even like when I pm and use a low value coupon at the same time.
    avoncallingu and couponsrule like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Excited I can't wait to try
    avoncallingu likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Cool. Thanks Dariusz.
    avoncallingu likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Well this is indeed interesting. Thanks for letting us know.

Now the key will be to see if we can actually, successfully use it

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just last weekend at WM I was refused to pm a grocery store that was located at another city 45 mins from there.....the cashier ask to see the address of the store....thought it was stupid, because it was only for orange and some veggies, sigh...at the end.i took my stuff and went to another cashier who was ok with the pm, but it really wasted my time and the time of people who were lining up behind(they all looked like they wanted scream at me) especially after the cashier call over the CSM, who never bother to come by after 10 mins of wait. I already insist to take my stuff away to another lane, he still insist to waits for the CSM....it was like he trying to catch me as a criminal for trying to pm a store outside of the city.....to add to the situation, my 2 years old daughter was crying too. that is the result for choosing the wrong cashier

Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow! really nice news! going to try it this weekend..thanks
    avoncallingu and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Well there's definitely policy changes that came from Head Office this week.

I was at WM last night to get my Old Dutch and as always, picked a coupon friendly cashier. I was shocked when she looked at me and said, "I'm going to have to check if you can use all of these. We just had a bunch of changes from Head Office"... long story short, and 4 cashiers/CSMs later (all huddled around my conveyor belt of chips, lol) the coupons were fine. I should have asked for a copy of the paper one of them was reading off of, seemed like it may have been an e-mail of these changes?

But PM'ing any other store would be FABULOUS for me!

I live in Northern Ontario where there's no Sobeys, no Freshco, no Target, Fortinos, Safeway or Superstore.

Thanks Dariusz!!

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Fabulous news. Thanks dariusz8.
    avoncallingu and oscarandme like this.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks so much for sharing this news with your SC friends, can we use tablets and such to pm or does it have to be hard copies? thanks again great news regardless
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I know some stores may accept it off your iphone tablet etc but best to confirm with them.... most will not from what I am hearing, they really want it a hard copy.... printed out flyer... its easier to look through and confirm what they need to price match. On a tablet or iphone it is a slower process as you have to scroll in out showing this info. They will be looking that the products match, its a Canadian retailer, and that its current weeks flyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing this news with your SC friends, can we use tablets and such to pm or does it have to be hard copies? thanks again great news regardless

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee people we don't want this to go away.... most walmarts know that they need to convert lbs to kg when price matching items sold as such at other retailers.... but make sure your price matching in the proper units... if your ad your price matching is in lbs it has to be converted into Kg as this is what there system computers at the cash are set up for. Most walmarts now have a book at each till with this conversion chart.
    Last edited by dariusz8; Fri, Oct 25th, 2013 at 09:45 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    just last weekend at WM I was refused to pm a grocery store that was located at another city 45 mins from there.....the cashier ask to see the address of the store....thought it was stupid, because it was only for orange and some veggies, sigh...at the end.i took my stuff and went to another cashier who was ok with the pm, but it really wasted my time and the time of people who were lining up behind(they all looked like they wanted scream at me) especially after the cashier call over the CSM, who never bother to come by after 10 mins of wait. I already insist to take my stuff away to another lane, he still insist to waits for the CSM....it was like he trying to catch me as a criminal for trying to pm a store outside of the city.....to add to the situation, my 2 years old daughter was crying too. that is the result for choosing the wrong cashier
    Which WM did you go to?
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Out of Curiosity........... how many of you would be interested if I created a wiki thread in the flyer section that we could update weekly with what to pm at wm? for example just started looking at the new flyers and came across http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada...tober-25-to-31 pomegranetes are 2/$1 that alone is a super price but topped with the buy 2 save $1 coupon just recently let out it be free.... lmk your thoughts

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yay! I haven't tried PMing a flyer to another province.

My local Walmart is pretty good though. I've PM'd to a city over an hour away, without a flyer - no issue (but the cashier did seem like she was only half paying attention). You never need a flyer to PM at the WM I go to, but they really appreciate it so that they can verify sizes (they've even thanked me a few times - I think maybe they get some rude people trying to PM wrong sizes without the flyer).

Edit: Is it sad that when I first saw the title I was bracing myself for bad news?

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information