User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: personalized shoppers emails

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't get me wrong I love getting personalized shoppers emails and anxiously wait every Friday for that week's deals but why why why do both my husband and myself always get the bonus points when you spend $30 on over the counter medications. that is what I got and my husband got one for$10 on over the counter medications which is more reasonable but something we rarely buy. please can we have one where we get bonus points for buying food? That would make me really really happy. okay I feel better now that I got that off my chest.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    panda bear, ticul, MillieH and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I got those for weeks on end too, and I rarely buy over the counter meds at shoppers. I never get offers for stuff I can use and when I do there's always some issue with scanning the coupons and they never work.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The reason for the coupons is to influence you to buy more stuff not just reward you for buying stuff you already buy.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I HATE it when my personalized coupon is "receive 18500 points WUS $75..." on the same week that the store is having the same promo! I don't need a coupon if the promo is for everyone!!!
    mydusty, nessa23 and robin1234s like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I like when they send those. I can use it any day of the week and don't have to go on Saturday
    Quote Originally Posted by nash0109 View Post
    I HATE it when my personalized coupon is "receive 18500 points WUS $75..." on the same week that the store is having the same promo! I don't need a coupon if the promo is for everyone!!!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    The reason for the coupons is to influence you to buy more stuff not just reward you for buying stuff you already buy.
    Yeah I get that, but the reality is that we have each received this offer several times and have never used it. where as we would stop in and buy food so they would get more sales from us as opposed to none for the otc medication. After sending it 10 times with no sales it would be awesome if they switched it to something we are interested in.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I get your frustration. I have gotten 8000 WUS $40 on Fragrances a few times now when I was hoping for a grocery one. I have never bought perfume at SDM either...

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try modifying your husband's profile. Make him 20 years old and see if the coupons change. (I'm assuming you're both an age where Shoppers Drug Mart thinks you should be using lots of otc meds.)
    oscarandme and scouponer like this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I always get offers for over the counter meds & baby things… I don't need neither!! lol
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Does anyone know if I could use someone else's offers on my SDM Optimum Card?
    oscarandme likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That is a good question.

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    macw1960 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I unknowingly used my daughters 2 different times before I realized it had her optimum number on it. I still received the points.
    macw1960, nessa23 and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    Try modifying your husband's profile. Make him 20 years old and see if the coupons change. (I'm assuming you're both an age where Shoppers Drug Mart thinks you should be using lots of otc meds.)
    hah! yes we are both considerably older than 20. LOL...hmmmm I might try that and see what happens!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    It prints the last 4 digits of your card on the coupon. I have had cashiers check every time
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

The cashier always verify the number with my optimum card...maybe it's just this store that I go to trained their staffs well.

I usually get get X points WUS X $ on vitamins, cosmetics, ect... I have never been offered food coupon other than the BOGO Lindt chocolate coupon.
    macw1960 and oscarandme like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information