User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By shawdie
  • 1 Post By Kyles_Mama
  • 1 Post By clsmooth391
  • 1 Post By MrShakeHandsMan
  • 1 Post By GatineauGirl

Thread: buytopia.ca review (it is not a good one)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am extremely disappointed with my experience with BUYTOPIA.ca I was under the impression that I was saving money by buying tickets for the JZ concert when in fact I paid $168 over what they are worth. I only found this out after I received the tickets. the are worth $85 less per ticket than what I paid! To date I can still get them cheaper. You will save nothing with Buytopia.ca If you want to get ripped off then go ahead and use them.. Not to mention It was difficult for me to get credit from .com because buytopia.ca was also being difficult with them. I tried to get them to rectify this but they did nothing! Customer service did not help whatsoever.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    message me if you need or know someone who needs a new website + hosting.

http://www.surveydownline.com/e/s.aspx?fid=25602

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so buytopia decided to erase my post on their facebook page and block me from posting any additional comments
    mulock likes this.
    message me if you need or know someone who needs a new website + hosting.

http://www.surveydownline.com/e/s.aspx?fid=25602

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

That's terrible! I bought 2 vouchers from them for a $19 mani/pedi and the place is so shady, you have to book online but the calendar is never working and they NEVER answer the phone. The expiry date was creeping closer and when I finally got the calendar to work every single appt slot was somehow booked until the expiry date, then there were tons of dates available. I emailed buttocks support and they got back to me saying someone from the salon will call me. Couple weeks later the lady called and they can give me an appt in October. Who wants their pedicure done in October?! not this girl
    mulock likes this.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Buytopia a very shady company. To me they seem to be running a scam, at least with one company - Family Discount Carpet and Furniture Cleaning. My wife didn't check reviews and bought the voucher. The carpet cleaning company is known to just not turn up for appointments and Buytopia keep giving the run around when it comes to refunding. I have worked for a company which had a division for selling online vouchers. Based on that, Buytopia would get approximately 40% of the voucher value and the vendor would get the remainder. The vendor would do no work as they just don't turn up 95% of the time (based on reviews) and Buytopia puts a note in the fine print that vouchers cannot be refunded so your credit card company will have a very difficult time getting a refund.
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I didn't find much info about buytopia and concert tickets. i took a chance and got tickets to elton john... they use etorontotickets as the distributor of the tickets. anyway, you email your voucher and I got an automatic response that i'd get the ticket by email the week of the concert. Week of concert came - nothing. Called etoronto tickets... they answer their phones but said they were coming... they didn't come til 4-5pm on the day of the concert. But i'm not sure it was their fault because they come from ticketmaster depending on the show.

And then I called the Air Canada Centre where the show was to make sure my printed out e-ticket would be at will call (as the etorontotickets guy said he would hand deliver them all because the pdf's were damaged and the attachment did not open). Everything worked out well. I bought 300 level tickets but actually got amazing 100 level tix, granted it was on hours before the concert and caused anxiety. The lady next to me had also called and said apparently etorontotickets had to separate all the tickets as they had received a single pdf with every single ticket. So i'm not sure who's bad it is that there was all this kerfuffle, but in the end, i was really happy with the ticket price $94 for tix that would have been $177 for today's amazing concert. Sorry to hear about others' experiences. I'm still wary and would advise others to be. I usually only buy deals for companies and restaurants that I know.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you purchased from Buytopia using your credit card, contact your credit card company and file a fraud claim against Buytopia.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Glad it worked out. I paid $65 and got nosebleeds and hate paying ticketmaster. Will look into buytopia for concert tix. Didn't know they did that

And Elton John was AH- MAZ-ING
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    I didn't find much info about buytopia and concert tickets. i took a chance and got tickets to elton john... they use etorontotickets as the distributor of the tickets. anyway, you email your voucher and I got an automatic response that i'd get the ticket by email the week of the concert. Week of concert came - nothing. Called etoronto tickets... they answer their phones but said they were coming... they didn't come til 4-5pm on the day of the concert. But i'm not sure it was their fault because they come from ticketmaster depending on the show.

And then I called the Air Canada Centre where the show was to make sure my printed out e-ticket would be at will call (as the etorontotickets guy said he would hand deliver them all because the pdf's were damaged and the attachment did not open). Everything worked out well. I bought 300 level tickets but actually got amazing 100 level tix, granted it was on hours before the concert and caused anxiety. The lady next to me had also called and said apparently etorontotickets had to separate all the tickets as they had received a single pdf with every single ticket. So i'm not sure who's bad it is that there was all this kerfuffle, but in the end, i was really happy with the ticket price $94 for tix that would have been $177 for today's amazing concert. Sorry to hear about others' experiences. I'm still wary and would advise others to be. I usually only buy deals for companies and restaurants that I know.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep - these guys are a big scam.

I bought $50 Marlies tickets,
    but in fact they were $21 dollar seats than anyone can buy on their own at any
    time directly from the Marlies. They are not 'lower bowl' as
    described. And they wait until 5pm on Friday to tell you what actual
    seats you are getting, and they do not respond to questions so you have
    no way of knowing it's a scam until it's too late.

I requested that buytopia ban this scam merchant, but they are obviously in the scam together to both make money, as both companies have ignored my repeated requests for information regarding my purchase.

Buytopia is also deleting my comments trying to warn others not to buy, dispute their comment board rules claiming 'not to moderate or censor'. what a load of BS.
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Buytopia is a terrible company....I would not recommend buying anything from them. They have not sent something I bought over two months ago, and won't reply to my email. LieTopia....don't trust them!
    mulock likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing- good information.

Thread Information