User Tag List

Page 595 of 966 FirstFirst ... 95 495 545 585 593 594 595 596 597 605 645 695 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/373410-...6-12-a-canada/

Basically equals a B$100G200 offer.
    cheekysaver likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm surprised you only had 3, Bob, I am showing 18 personalized and 55 All Offers on this page, but I have to fully log in first. (It will show some things before fully logging in, such as balance, but not transaction history etc). Before logging in I only have 1 offer I think. Sorry you don't have that one
    Fully logged in with 22 & 57 but when I click on the "personally chosen" link only 3 are highlighted.

Can you post it. If it's linked to your account only it won't work for anyone else regardless.
    cheekysaver likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    I had the same bad luck as you cheekysaver. Its 15% off day here and was snowed in with the kids I just feel sick about missing the extra savings. But nothing you can do with this crazy winter weather. Looks like they are going to plow tomorrow here in our area. Then I will be able to get out.
    Meh it gives us time to plan better and raise our game... Tomorrow I kick arse and take names!
    trinity991 and coley3 like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bob, it is definitely linked to my account, as the printed coupon starts with "Offer exclusive to Collector Account: 8**********3

And at the bottom has a plu #53013.

It actually wasn't in the personalized offer section, but it is personalized. I know that doesn't make much sense.

I went to airmiles.ca, clicked on my account, and logged in. From there, I clicked on Status: Gold, then Discover Gold Benefits, then Offers are richer. It was directly on the page that pops up, in the Popular category.

Name:  Airmiles.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  65.7 KB

If a screen shot of the coupon would help, I can try to pm it to you tomorrow, morning is going to be here very soon
    operabob, trinity991 and 4sure5 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    TP coupon is closed. Only facial tissue coupon is still open.
    operabob likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Safeway airmiles coupon. Spend $40 get 50 airmiles.

I believe it can be used repeatedly throughout December, and can be combined with any other airmiles offer. Hint: do your shopping this month in $40 batches (unless you also want to use a sp$100g100 type of coupon, which you can combine with this one).

Instead of printing you should be able to show the coupon on your phone or tablet and mention the PLU code (53048) to the cashier.

Name:  safeway sp40g50.png
Views: 1219
Size:  118.8 KB
    Last edited by emax; Wed, Dec 4th, 2013 at 05:17 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post

I believe it can be used repeatedly throughout December, and can be combined with any other airmiles offer. Hint: do your shopping this month in $40 batches (unless you also want to use a sp$100g100 type of coupon, which you can combine with this one).

Instead of printing you might be able to just mention the PLU code (53048) to the cashier.

Where did you get the coupon?
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Not much offered this week. I recall last year just before Christmas it was sparse. The B$40G50 coupon makes a couple offers interesting (books, Lysol Wipes, etc.)

Safeway December 6 -12

P. 1

B$100G100 & B$200G300 Dec. 6 – 8 only

Old Dutch B4G15 (Big drop on all chip offers lately) 2.75/2.36

P. 2

Saf. Kitchens Chicken Wings B2G20 9.99/8.94

P. 3

GMS Phyllo Hors d’Oeuvres B2G20 12.99/11.94

SS Potstickers B2G15 9.49/8.70

GMS Meatballs with Sauce B2G15 9.49/8.70

SS Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes B2G10 4.99/4.46

GMS Veggie Egg Rolls B2G10 7.59/7.06

SS Stuffed Potatoes B2G10 4.99/4.46

SS Meat Lasagna B2G10 7.99/7.46

P. 4

GMS Mini Quiche B2G10 6.99/6.46

iTunes GC B$50G50 50/44.75

Royale Facial Tissue B2G50 5.99/3.36

P. 5

Waterfront Shrimp Ring B2G20 6.99/5.94

Waterfront Smoked Salmon Caprice B2G20 11.99/10.94

New Release Books 30% OFF NPG B2G50 -2.63

Cashmere TP 12DBL B3G100 8.99/5.49

Bounce Sheets B2G25 7.99/6.68

P. 6

Contour BGTSs (looks like) B1G150 71.88/56.13

P. 7

Nicorette/Derm 20% OFF NPG B2G40 -2.10

Old Spice Anti-P B3G10 2.99/2.64

Arm & Hammer ProClean Spin Brush 20% OFF NPG B2G10 -0.53

Healthy Essentials Event (Not Mix & Match):

Aveeno HC 20% OFF NPG B4G40 -1.05

Listerine B3G20 4.99/4.29

Stayfree/Carefree/OB B3G25 2.99/2.11

Tylenol ES B2G25 10.99/9.68

Tylenol Arthritis B2G25 10.99/9.68

Benylin 6.99/5.94

Reckitt Event B3G25 & B6G60:

Lysol Bathroom/TB Cleaner 2.50/1.62/1.45

Lysol Wipes 2/1.12/0.95

Airwick Candles 4.99/4.11/3.94

Airwick Colour Changing Candles 6.99/6.11/5.94

Airwick Freshmatic Refill 3.99/3.11/2.94

P. 8

NADA

Insert:

Entertaining Trays B2G50 Starting @ $29.99 -2.63

Celebrity Goat Cheese B2G15 3.99/3.20
    plc, VEGAS PILGRIM and L-M like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    Where did you get the coupon?
    Got an email from airmiles.ca. It actually showed four coupons, one for each week in December, but I noticed they were identical, same PLU code etc., just the expiration date was different. The way I read it you can use it as many times as you want thru Dec 31.

It doesn't say anything about it being personalized for me. The email just says "We want to thank you for being a Loyal Safeway Shopper". Which is ironic because I stopped being a Loyal Safeway Shopper months ago. And seeing the list Bob just posted for next week I don't really see myself using these sp$40 G50 coupons this month.

I actually had this discussion with the Safeway cashier yesterday. I was only buying a half-dozen items -- basically some cereal, toothpaste, and bagels that had good discounts + coupons. Told her I used to spend over $10k a year at Safeway and now at most I pop in once or twice a month and buy only a handful of items. Most of my shopping $ now goes to other grocers.

They aren't very impressed with me at that Safeway anyway since I usually have coupons, and often have to explain their own coupon policy to them. This store is in a very chi-chi poo-poo neighbourhood and I sense they look down on couponers. Makes it awkward for everyone when I pull out my coupon wallet or show the images on my tablet. Not a nice shopping experience to be made to feel like a cheapskate, which is also part of why I don't shop there much. Mostly tho it's because their regular prices are significantly higher than elsewhere.

The cashier said she's glad safeway isn't trying to match prices with Superstore, ExtraFoods, Walmart, etc. They want to be more about better customer service, helping you find what you need on the shelf, etc. Fair enough. But that differentiation strategy makes sense for someone like WholeFoods that has a much better shopping experience and offers much higher quality, more ethical products. Safeway sells the same stuff and offers pretty much the same experience as ExtraFoods. So if I can get the same thing for 10-20% cheaper at ExtraFoods, why would I want to go to Safeway?

Couple that with the new PCPlus points program, and the continuing decline of Airmiles, and there's even less reason to drive to the Safeway.

Safeway management that might be reading this thread -- please take note.
    Last edited by emax; Wed, Dec 4th, 2013 at 07:40 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://images.bigfootinteractive.com...Safeway_02.jpg

Spend $60 get 75 AM
    Spend $100 get 150 AM

Emailed from air miles. Check the offers and promotions on the air miles site.

Tapatalk via iPhone
    Last edited by flyforfree; Wed, Dec 4th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
    operabob, cheekysaver and 4sure5 like this.

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

This might be a good time to use the B2G1 coupons for Stayfree/Carefree/OB B3G25 2.99/2.11.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post

Instead of printing you should be able to show the coupon on your phone or tablet and mention the PLU code (53048) to the cashier.

Interesting--now the rest of Canada seems to be matched up to our little neck of the woods in NorthWestern Ontario--we've had the keychain gimmick for about 10 years--spend 40$ get 50 AM's...as I've said before it's an after-effect of the long strike we had here. Anyhow, says you are able to combine with other offers--wonder if I can--then spend 40$ get 100AM?? Nah it couldn't be that good, could it???

If we weren't in the middle of the blizzard that hit cheeks a couple of days ago, I might have headed out to give it a try! Maybe tomorrow
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Predictions are for a major price war all next year thanks to the new entrants. RCSS seems already to have jumped up with their PC Plus. Perhaps this will force Safeway to compete by:

1. Giving better AM offers as they did in the past

and

2. Raising hell with Airmiles over how they have abused members (to Safeway's detriment) cutting the value 25% and instituting "Loyalty Fees".

The worst "Loyalty Fee" of all is Marlin Travel who charged $50 to use gift certificates. My jaw drops on that one. I told the TA on the only cruise I ever booked through them it was either honour the GC at face value or cancel the booking. He caved with,"I'm not making any money on this." Well then complain to your bosses and Airmiles not me.

That said, I'm still nowhere as tough as Cheeks!

Name:  Tough_Girl.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  49.0 KB
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

LOL I am a little tough when it comes to parting with money. It is my money and I should be!!!

I rate the things I do to save money... for everyone this is different... for me it has to keep my OOP really low... be a constructive use of my time that pays me back for the effort with great savings...and now i am trying to reduce my driving... gas is a expense of couponing and last month I spent too much.

These are the things I do and no longer do

I do rebates... I was slow to get on the rebate bandwagon but wow do I love them!!!

I do points cards ... some of them anyways.

I basically stopped doing shoppers points... the deals were not earning me points that i didn't have to pay more for a product to get.

I DON'T do surveys... they take up way too much time... i was doing them and i missed deals trying to get my points up... when I applied that time into extra price matching... i saved almost $50 in the first week... for me and my parents each!... and we get to eat way healthier. (check into how much time you spend on a survey to achieve that $20 check... 2 hours of serious price matching saved me 50)

I print off coupons... a lot. I have a black and white laser printer that is cheap to operate... you never know when that coupon will be made unavailable.

I don't sweat unused coupons! I won't use coupons unless the deal is right.

I do help family with my extras... I still don't keep more of a years supply of stuff... if i do it would be dealing with wholey stockpile space invaders! LOL

I do go into the stores and expect transactions to take a while... I would rather spend 20 mins doing a transaction then a half hour in traffic while spending my gas. I have had a great deal of 20 minute transactions... I tell them take as long as they need I have plenty of time.

I stack coupons at London Drugs... stacking coupons is a great deal of work. It is a effort that does pay off.

When all of that is said and done... it is a company's job to try and get you to spend your money... it is our job to try and keep it in pocket. Am I tough?... no tougher then the companies trying to get us to overspend at every opportunity. They only get your money if you give it to them.
    operabob, labria, coley3 and 5 others like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Here are the deals I see this week (Don't ask me why my brain likes to do this at 2 am!)

Royal booger clothes (tissue)- $2 in royal coupons= 1.36 each
    Old spice pit stix B3G10 2.99/2.64 - $3 wub2 and $2 wub1 =2.92 for all 3
    Benylin cough syrups 6.99/5.94 - $4 printable = 1.94 each a great price if you don't stack coupons

Fair priced fillers to get you to the bonus airmiles deals
    Dove haircare 2.99 - $2 printable = .99 each
    Degree pit stix 1.99 - $1 coupons = .99 each
    3 day sale, royal bathroom tissue 3.99 - $2 coupons = 1.99

I guess it is better then normal... that is a few for safeway.

Thread Information