User Tag List

Page 597 of 966 FirstFirst ... 97 497 547 587 595 596 597 598 599 607 647 697 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    Airmiles has devalued the points when you spend them through the dream miles... they disguise it as fees... you now get charged a 10.50 fee up to $50 for using a 100 amount.
    Thanks cheekysaver. Does that mean you're allocating all your new airmiles to the CASH side?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm allocating mine to dream, since we are having to fly the kids to a lot of competitions, and the value for their flights is between $20 and $30 per 100AM for the flights they take. (Calculated by price all in, then subtracted taxes and fees when using air miles, then calculated out to savings per 100 AM used). Watching kids compete in Victoria right now via Ustream!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by worldgirl View Post
    Thanks cheekysaver. Does that mean you're allocating all your new airmiles to the CASH side?
    I have been rocking the cash for a while now... I don't travel and I am low income so it is part of the way I make ends meet. LOL I really rock them... and I never let them build up too high and leave my $ in the untrustworthy hands of airmiles. Every time we have questioned the unethical practices on airmiles facebook the posts get removed... they must have a frequent booter hooked up for Bob by now LOL!!
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

... they must have a frequent booter hooked up for Bob by now LOL!!
    Sometimes I go deeper down the list of posts figuring they might not see them but others will.

BTW: I didn't see what your FB post was there. Was it the same one as here Cheeks.

Also, watching Marketplace tonight and on there "Dumbest Fee In Canada" segment at the end they went after AVIS for charging a $0.75/day fee for the privilege of them giving you Miles for using them. It was/is called an FTP fee: frequent traveller plan

When questioned AVIS claimed it was industry wide. Marketplace checked and it seems every car rental is charging you a fee to give you a gift. Marketplace called it like giving a child a gift while at the same time cancelling their allowance to pay for it.

Marketplace checked all sorts of other retailers besides car rentals and none of them charged this stupid, unethical fee.

I'll certainly sign on for a class action lawsuit against these people if one gets started.

I'll post this on Airmiles FB page to see how long it takes to get it pulled.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried to use that buy 40.00 get 50 air miles today and it comes up as an invalid coupon.

They said they had never seen that coupon before here in Grande Prairie.

Any reason that you know of why this Is happening?

Jesseal

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Well Bob they didn't kick me off this time... LOL i thought i would let you have a go at them with this info... Charging any fee on a gift card other then the initial activation fee is strictly prohibited by most provinces... even the federal government is on board with this as well.
    http://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/c...elp/gift-cards
    http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/...Gift_cards.pdf
    http://www.consumerinformation.ca/ei...eng/00046.html
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I tried to use that buy 40.00 get 50 air miles today and it comes up as an invalid coupon.

Jesseal
    Vegas mentioned the same thing but said Customer Service recorded it in the Missing Airmiles book.
    SillyLoocie and 4sure5 like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I wish there was a Safeway near me, we have Sobey's, Metro & Loblaws,
    It sure would be nice to earn airmiles to chase away my blahs!
    Food costs are going up so much & I hear that they'll rise even higher,
    That's why everyone should look for deals that come with a weekly flyer,
    Happy shopping & all that stuff to my friends on the west coast,
    Cheers I say to all of you, with this poetic toast!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Hey Looce,

Nice to see you here!
    SillyLoocie and cheekysaver like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Sometimes I go deeper down the list of posts figuring they might not see them but others will.

BTW: I didn't see what your FB post was there. Was it the same one as here Cheeks.

Also, watching Marketplace tonight and on there "Dumbest Fee In Canada" segment at the end they went after AVIS for charging a $0.75/day fee for the privilege of them giving you Miles for using them. It was/is called an FTP fee: frequent traveller plan

When questioned AVIS claimed it was industry wide. Marketplace checked and it seems every car rental is charging you a fee to give you a gift. Marketplace called it like giving a child a gift while at the same time cancelling their allowance to pay for it.

Marketplace checked all sorts of other retailers besides car rentals and none of them charged this stupid, unethical fee.

I'll certainly sign on for a class action lawsuit against these people if one gets started.

I'll post this on Airmiles FB page to see how long it takes to get it pulled.

Again, my travel experience is somewhat limited to parts of Nevada, however, I must unfortunately, agree with Marketplace--they do have the right to charge them. Excerpt from a car rental website's fine print:

P. Additional Fees: At most DOLLAR locations the renter may incur one or more of the following charges and fees: (i) an (airport)concession recovery fee or off-airport access fee; (ii) an (airport) consolidated facility charge; plus, frequent flyer surcharges, and vehicle license fees which are the estimated average per day per vehicle portion of our total annual vehicle taxes, licensing, titling, and registration costs, and other governmental fees or charges on top of the daily rate and any optional products and services the renter selects. These charges are calculated either as a per-day or a per-rental charge.

In Las Vegas, for example, the weekly rental I have to pay is around 220% of the quoted "weekly rate" -- so a $90 weekly rate, works out to 210 or so when I pick up the car. Same old story--added fees/charges--the airport facility charge is 3$ a day to provide for the building of the new car rental terminal, which was built years ago (and always being repaired). You can rent off-site (at a non-airport location), but I've heard of many unsatisfactory results from those that did.

operabob, SillyLoocie and 4sure5 like this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Right now, get the most out of your AIR MILES reward miles. Earn 25 Bonus reward miles when you redeem at select AIR MILES Cash Sponsors.*

"Offer valid December 5–24, 2013 on qualifying redemptions made in a single transaction at participating AIR MILES Cash Sponsors in Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI and Newfoundland & Labrador, and December 6–24, 2013 in all other provinces.
    One transaction per day per AIR MILES® Collector Number per Sponsor. See in-store for details. Redeem AIR MILES reward miles in the Cash balance of your AIR MILES® Collector Account in increments of 95 reward miles for $10 off your purchases at participating AIR MILES Sponsor locations to a maximum of $750 per day. Visitairmiles.ca/cash to learn more. "

I think this would mean buying the gift cards on different days to get the 25 bonus each time.
    operabob and cheekysaver like this.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jesseal View Post

Jesseal
    I received an email from airmiles.ca with that coupon, and posted it here. The email doesn't say anything about it being personalized for me but maybe it's tied to my airmiles account? Or maybe only in BC? I haven't used the coupon myself so I can't even tell you if it works for me. I'll post here if I do, but frankly I may not use it. Just don't see much value at safeway lately -- at least not enough to warrant a transaction up to $40. Let alone using the spend$100G100 or spend$200G300 coupons.

I'm doing my major shopping at Extra Foods & Superstore these days. Right now they have a spend $100 get $20 back in points (twice the value of safeway/airmiles). Their turkeys are 95c/lb versus 99c/lb at Safeway. Up to a 11kg turkey versus max of 7kg at Safeway. Cheaper milk, eggs, cheese. They price match Safeway's flyer prices (I don't even have to ask -- they do it automatically). And airmiles.ca takes months (if ever) to credit my bonus airmiles, and then shortchanges me when I redeem them. Versus ExtraFoods/SS which credits points immediately and I can redeem as cash right away.

These days I go to safeway just to take advantage of the two or three big discounts they have every week (eg: Crest for 75c last week). Some weeks -- this week for example -- there's nothing of interest so I don't go in at all. The Herbal Essences coupon is good value so even though we're stocked up on shampoo I may grab a few bottles. But not $40 worth. And I'm not going to overspend on other Safeway products just to use a coupon that gives me $5 worth of airmiles (which may never actually be credited to my account). Plus my local safeway is allergic to coupons.

So there.

</rant mode off>
    operabob and L-M like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm testing to see if Airmiles censors their Facebook page.

I just made two comments on their page, in response to two posts by other members. Here's the screenshots. Let's see how long they stay up.

Name:  am1.png
Views: 977
Size:  29.2 KB

Name:  am2.png
Views: 783
Size:  27.3 KB

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK, one more screenshot from Airmile's facebook page. This time I mention a competitor so that might make the comment more likely to be censored. It's midday Sunday so it may be OK for 24hours or so....

Name:  am3.png
Views: 702
Size:  31.1 KB

Thread Information