User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree475Likes

Thread: Giving brag - SHARE YOURS HERE

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

The other day at Target I was stopped by a man on a e-bike asking for money for coffee because his hands were cold. Of course I had no change (always use debit) so I said follow me to McD's across the road, and i'll buy you a coffee. He said he was running low on charge (and as I am writing this I realized theres a Starbucks in Target). So I said here I have gloves you can have he was so grateful he kept saying how they were already warming up. I might be out a good pair of warm gloves but I drive everywhere and have a few more here at home so it made me feel good about making his day!
    This thread is currently associated with: Starbucks, Target
    Kitty77, meriem, Natalka and 25 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That was very kind of you!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

anna you are so kind -just the thing to hear this season

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

So kind of you
    sdddmd, ticul and momi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Saw a homeless woman sitting alone at a mall with a friend broke my heart because the holidays is coming and I know she wasn't warm wearing a sweather, sweat pants and shoes with a short stubby heel. I went up to her and gave her $50.. really broke my heart to see people out here around this holiday season.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by suependous View Post
    Saw a homeless woman sitting alone at a mall with a friend broke my heart because the holidays is coming and I know she wasn't warm wearing a sweather, sweat pants and shoes with a short stubby heel. I went up to her and gave her $50.. really broke my heart to see people out here around this holiday season.
    Very generous of you i bet uou made her day maybe even her year

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    LIVE SIMPLE, sdddmd, ticul and 2 others like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

shh.. don't tell anyone but im totally surprising a very dear friend/neighbor of mine and her clan with a basket of presents and goodies. been shopping all and planning for it..
    but shh don't tell her

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We sponsor a family every year so my parents give me $150 and DH and I put in $150 ( well maybe a bit more). This year for a little over $300 I was able to get 6 toys each plus a ton of clothing including pj's, 4 shirts, 2 pants, fleece top, dress, leggings, tutu's, skirt, gym shorts, socks, back packs, each as well for mom we got boots, velour sweat shirt, candles, a throw. stockings for all three full of candy and toys, toothbrushes and toothpaste, colouring books and crayons, pencil crayons, erasers, chocolate etc. Also we bought a turkey and all the fixings for Christmas dinner and 6 boxes of food and toiletries and a few perishables like apples, clementines, potatoes, onions, bread, milk and eggs. There was so much stuff we could barely fit it in DH's big pick up truck.
    Then we dropped off a large box of items for the women's shelter full of toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, deodorant, tweezers and beauty implements, coffee, feminine hygiene products etc.
    Then we dropped off 2 boxes of food for the food bank including 12 cans of formula, lots of soup from the personal Pc soup deal I got a couple of weeks ago pancake mix and syrup, rice, pasta, canned goods, cereal etc.
    Then our SDM were looking for sponsors for a local seniors home so we got 4 name tags that indicated 4 items each that these seniors were wishing for. They were looking for makeup, lotions, kleenex, calendars, chocolates, cologne etc ,plus some extras from our stock pile.
    And lastly was at Target today and they had the kids's coat deal for $5 so bought 4 boys and 4 girls coats to donate ( plus 2 for my 5 year old niece) so $40 for $400 worth of coats... just couldn't resist. I am no longer allowed to go shopping for a while (except to buy food for Christmas dinner. LOL)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

it feels good to give to others in need.

i donated some stocking stuffers to a few senior centers, it breaks my heart to know they will be alone at xmas time. the holidays can be very sad for alot of people..

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    We sponsor a family every year so my parents give me $150 and DH and I put in $150 ( well maybe a bit more). This year for a little over $300 I was able to get 6 toys each plus a ton of clothing including pj's, 4 shirts, 2 pants, fleece top, dress, leggings, tutu's, skirt, gym shorts, socks, back packs, each as well for mom we got boots, velour sweat shirt, candles, a throw. stockings for all three full of candy and toys, toothbrushes and toothpaste, colouring books and crayons, pencil crayons, erasers, chocolate etc. Also we bought a turkey and all the fixings for Christmas dinner and 6 boxes of food and toiletries and a few perishables like apples, clementines, potatoes, onions, bread, milk and eggs. There was so much stuff we could barely fit it in DH's big pick up truck.
    Then we dropped off a large box of items for the women's shelter full of toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, deodorant, tweezers and beauty implements, coffee, feminine hygiene products etc.
    Then we dropped off 2 boxes of food for the food bank including 12 cans of formula, lots of soup from the personal Pc soup deal I got a couple of weeks ago pancake mix and syrup, rice, pasta, canned goods, cereal etc.
    Then our SDM were looking for sponsors for a local seniors home so we got 4 name tags that indicated 4 items each that these seniors were wishing for. They were looking for makeup, lotions, kleenex, calendars, chocolates, cologne etc ,plus some extras from our stock pile.
    And lastly was at Target today and they had the kids's coat deal for $5 so bought 4 boys and 4 girls coats to donate ( plus 2 for my 5 year old niece) so $40 for $400 worth of coats... just couldn't resist. I am no longer allowed to go shopping for a while (except to buy food for Christmas dinner. LOL)
    WOW that is great and a very generous thing to do I wish I could do so much for someone I do alot for my family but the generosity to do some much for others is a very special thing to do especially this time of year

coupon girl, online, ticul and 2 others like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Blessings...
    Great job....
    Tis the season, and remember it always better to give than to receive.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i gave an older lady a 2.00 coupon for diapers the other day,gave another lady my foodland flyer as I walked by so she could price match simply orange juice for 3.99 large jug -and I gave the woman in front of me at walmart a 1.00 sunmaid raisin cpn for her bread -small gestures but nice

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    i gave an older lady a 2.00 coupon for diapers the other day,gave another lady my foodland flyer as I walked by so she could price match simply orange juice for 3.99 large jug -and I gave the woman in front of me at walmart a 1.00 sunmaid raisin cpn for her bread -small gestures but nice
    I agree sometimes the smaller things make just as big of an impact

Giving-Small, ticul and momi like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

My husband and l donated to 6 families so far this year and we give them 6 months supplies of non-perishable goods. We get the names from our low income housing. We ask for the age of the head of the household and sex, the age and sex of each of the children and then give them gifts for that age. We have spinning toothbrushes for girls or boys games, coloring books, crayons and others goodies that l pick up whenever they go on clearance. We give them also 6 months of laundry soap, soaps, shampoos, cleanings and other things that l can stack at London Drugs. l would rather do for other than myself as l don't need much and it has changed my husband so much to see the tears in the people that are getting our gifts every year that housing now calls year round whenever their is a family in need

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very kind and thoughtful.. There is more happiness in giving, then receiving!!
    ColleenMGorecki, ticul and momi like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information