User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Roommate ate my food AGAIN!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    It was like they were trying to be disrespectful. He never did his own dishes. We got fed up with it and started dragging his dirty dishes to his bedroom, they finally started getting done. He never pitched in for groceries and me and my friend each purchased our own but had a respectful sharing policy.
    Lol. This sounds like my house last year. The guy I mentioned before in my earlier post always left his pop bottles or orange juice containers on the kitchen counter, in the living room, on the dinning table etc. The one day my roommate and I got fed up and rounded up all of the containers and put them in his bed and told him that every container we find might just end up in his bed. Needless to say my roommates and I didn't have to pick up all of his containers after that
    wolfwoman and beckie.c like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sun_shine View Post
    One year I moved in with 4 friends and ended the year on bad terms with all of them! Over the Christmas break 4 of us went home and one stayed. I had a lock on my door because I didn't necessarily trust the one who was staying behind. I came back after the break and noticed that my comforter was upside down. I confronted the roommate and she said that some friends stayed over, picked my lock, and slept in my bed! I couldn't believe she wasn't even going to tell me; people could have been "intimate" in my bed and if I hadn't noticed the comforter I wouldn't have washed my sheets. I've never felt as violated in my life as I did that day, not knowing which of my things had been looked through and touched.
    If I had come back and found out this had happened I would have gone to prison. The fact that they picked the lock just enrages me.
    Zonny and sun_shine like this.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is reminding me of even more! Like how I bought a $20 jar of coconut oil and Brittany used almost all of it and promised shed buy the next one. Well it's been a few weeks and I haven't seen any until the other day I saw she has a new jar in her bathroom! (We use it in the kitchen and also on our skin). So she isn't planning on sharing I guess! Ugh! We are out of garbage bags now and let me tell you I am not buying any! Lol lease is up in February! Although I feel like I won't find as good of roommates as I have now again.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    If I had come back and found out this had happened I would have gone to prison. The fact that they picked the lock just enrages me.
    Oh, I was NOT happy! Unfortunately that was the beginning of the end with all of the friendships. I told her that I had no trust for her anymore and would not be signing a new lease with her. Of course, everybody else sided with her; I bet it would have been a completely different story had their rooms been broken into!
    francine1985 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

If you guys share a bathroom, who cleans the toilet?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sun_shine View Post
    Oh, I was NOT happy! Unfortunately that was the beginning of the end with all of the friendships. I told her that I had no trust for her anymore and would not be signing a new lease with her. Of course, everybody else sided with her; I bet it would have been a completely different story had their rooms been broken into!
    I can't believe people sided with her. She has absolutely no right to enter your bedroom without your express consent even if the door is unlocked and has doubly no right to go into your bedroom if the door is locked. It really is no different than me going to my neighbour's house, picking the lock and sleeping in their bed. I don't have their consent to be there and I needed to break into the house (or in your case, the bedroom) to do so.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    I can't believe people sided with her. She has absolutely no right to enter your bedroom without your express consent even if the door is unlocked and has doubly no right to go into your bedroom if the door is locked. It really is no different than me going to my neighbour's house, picking the lock and sleeping in their bed. I don't have their consent to be there and I needed to break into the house (or in your case, the bedroom) to do so.
    I completely agree! At the time I was so hurt that they sided with her; now I'm glad to not be friends with them anymore. I don't need people like that in my life! If they could do that to me knowing how upset and violated I was feeling, who knows what else they could do.
    trishka likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Lol. Probably my favorite thread of this year.

My dd19 moved back home with me after sharing a house with 4 friends. It got to the point where she pulled a large oversized dresser in front of her bedroom door and climbed in and out of her window to keep people out of her room while she was gone.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    Lol. Probably my favorite thread of this year.

My dd19 moved back home with me after sharing a house with 4 friends. It got to the point where she pulled a large oversized dresser in front of her bedroom door and climbed in and out of her window to keep people out of her room while she was gone.
    The poor girl. That's terrible. I learned from my university experience that just because you're friends with someone doesn't mean you should live with them.
    DianneS likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I learned from my crazy roommate: Put all your bathroom stuff in a basket and take it in and out with you in the shower. Store it in your room. Any creams/deodorants/hair spray/stuff that doesn't HAVE to stay in the bathroom stay in your room, always. If in communal areas they will either get used up completely, or get contaminated by her dirty bf. Hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke_ View Post
    This is reminding me of even more! Like how I bought a $20 jar of coconut oil and Brittany used almost all of it and promised shed buy the next one. Well it's been a few weeks and I haven't seen any until the other day I saw she has a new jar in her bathroom! (We use it in the kitchen and also on our skin). So she isn't planning on sharing I guess! Ugh! We are out of garbage bags now and let me tell you I am not buying any! Lol lease is up in February! Although I feel like I won't find as good of roommates as I have now again.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Jan 2nd, 2014 at 11:32 AM.
    trishka likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    If you guys share a bathroom, who cleans the toilet?
    We don't share a bathroom! We each have our own full bathroom and we have a half bath on the main floor too!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

put laxatives in one dish
    CouponingQueen likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information