User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: How To Take Good Pictures of Flyers & Upload Them to SC

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    We post them early so people can decide whether to shop this week or wait until the new flyer, couponlady posts them on SC as soon as they are live on their website - no photo is ever going to be as clear as the high res copies the stores upload (and couponlady still uploads the HQ versions here if they are posted early)
    Excuse me for saying but I think you are missing simplylgg 's point. While we all appreciate getting an advance heads up on a flyer what she is saying that she would rather wait an extra day to get a better image taken of the flyer (so that you can see the product and the price) instead of having someone rush through the process and post an illegible flyer. I happen to agree with simplylgg completely. I got nothing from the posted flyers.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

But she is not missing out, couponlady still does post the HQ flyers in the flyer section as they come available. if she chooses to look at those she can. And as couponlady mentioned, they are given feedback from her on how to improve (and in some cases may not get a flyer point if unreadable)

As someone who has worked on the weekly shopping threads, I appreciate every early flyer so I don't have to give up my whole Thursday to posting deals.

Could they be bigger/clearer - yes, as I have stated, 700px works for me. But at the same time, posts putting people down for attempting to help others mean they do not post any flyers again (as has happened with a few people who used to post them early) - it is a lose lose situation
    Cuckoobird, Anna Michele and Cata like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

How can you plan your shopping if the flyer is not readable? I can't read any of these flyers that have been posted this week so I can't plan anything accordingly. As you mentioned "FallenPixels"; this is the whole point of the early flyer, otherwise we can all wait until couponlady posts them, receive the hard copy at the door or use other sites.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Bump for new members signing up
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Thanks for bumping this up and moving it to the flyers section FP. Such a great help
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Just an FYI, not sure if this has been mentionned already...

When someone posts an early copy of a flyer (ie photo of a flyer's pages) and they are still hard to read the details, I right click, and select "Open image in a new tab".

A new web tab opens with a much bigger sample of the picture. Doesn't improve image quality, but the size usually helps you decipher the print.

I give kudos to anyone posting the flyers ahead of time. I personlly would rather get a slightly blurry head's up on Tuesday than have to wait until Thursday afternoon for the store's websites to post their flyers. Thank you to all who do this!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Most ppl are happy to confirm details from sneak peeks too
    Valerey and Anna Michele like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I am very grateful to those who take the time to post pics of sneak peeks! It probably feels like a hassle at times to take pics, upload them, create a thread etc...

Like many, I often can't see the basic descriptions of the items, and that makes me give up on reading a flyer thread sometimes.

I know sometimes a person might feel like they want to just get it over in a hurry and take the pics as quick as they can, but it would be very much appreciated if the picture takers could perhaps slow down a bit, and make sure all print is in focus before clicking those pics. Maybe take 3-4 more pics than they normally would, with smaller sections of the flyer with everything in focus.

Then we won't have to bug the posters for details afterwards as well
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Even with better images, the compression on SC can make them blurry. The recent flyers I uploaded, I can see the details fine on my images but not so much on the uploaded ones
    ~ ~ ~

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

I don't think SC is compressing images anymore. Small images are because of the small file size. I see few members taking just 1 picture for a long flyer, still you can see all the details clearly(thanks ThriftRebecca)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/375332-...-3-9-a-canada/
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They do compress but the size was increased (but it compresses based on size and file size so you can have a small picture saved as PNG that gets compressed bc the file size is large)
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I occasionally upload flyers and what people may not know is that SC MAXIMUM image size is 683.6 KB for a jpeg. That is very small.
    My Canon T3i takes very large size pics, any where from 6000KB to 1MB+, very clear and sharp. However I have to use a program to reduce the size so I can upload them to the site, which in turn decreases the quality drastically.
    I use Faststone Photo Resizer and to resize the images to 700 or 900 width, to fit the screen nicely, that brings the size down to 200-400KB. But makes it difficult to read the fine print...
    FallenPixels likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    I occasionally upload flyers and what people may not know is that SC MAXIMUM image size is 683.6 KB for a jpeg. That is very small.
    My Canon T3i takes very large size pics, any where from 6000KB to 1MB+, very clear and sharp. However I have to use a program to reduce the size so I can upload them to the site, which in turn decreases the quality drastically.
    I use Faststone Photo Resizer and to resize the images to 700 or 900 width, to fit the screen nicely, that brings the size down to 200-400KB. But makes it difficult to read the fine print...
    Same here, and my 750KB image was actually compressed to 480ish and made smaller than the 700 I resized it to
    web3 likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

when i make pictures i make them in very good light(it's very important!!!)and i'm not using an expensive cam,i use my phone.
    and i also take the time to crop them afterwards on my computer and resize them before i upload them. since it takes me a lot of time and it' not appreciated in any way i don't post any flyers anymore. i better post nothing instead of blurry flyers(in a hurry)that nobody can read.
    Last edited by Bubbelinchen; Thu, Jan 2nd, 2014 at 04:30 PM.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbelinchen View Post
    when i make pictures i make them in very good light(it's very important!!!)and i'm not using an expensive cam,i use my phone.
    and i also take the time to crop them afterwards on my computer and resize them before i upload them. since it takes me a lot of time and it' not appreciated in any way i don't post any flyers anymore. i better post nothing instead of blurry flyers(in a hurry)that nobody can read.
    Of course it's appreciated!!
    Anna Michele likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information