User Tag List

Page 103 of 654 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 9801
Like Tree37290Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Power went out for 45 minutes and my house is already freezing. Wearing my parka and huddled around candles
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Went mattress shopping for DS's new bed. Picked out a nice one on sale for $139+tax. Guys rings in it and says its on order and will be 2-3 weeks. Uh no! So go back and look again and decide on the next model up and they guy says its $209 but will sell it to us for $190 because of the mix up with the mattress we wanted. Ugh.

If it wasn't a blizzard out today and DS wanted to sleep in his new bed I would have kept looking.

The room has cost a small fortune between the paint, painting supplies, bed, bedding, mattress and new shelving.

Now DH informed me he spent $50 on sheet metal!!! I made the mistake of telling him it would be cool to put sheet metal on his closet doors and turn it into a "garage" for his hot wheel cars (glue a magnet on the bottom of them). Now DH is set on doing it because its cool.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Went mattress shopping for DS's new bed. Picked out a nice one on sale for $139+tax. Guys rings in it and says its on order and will be 2-3 weeks. Uh no! So go back and look again and decide on the next model up and they guy says its $209 but will sell it to us for $190 because of the mix up with the mattress we wanted. Ugh.

If it wasn't a blizzard out today and DS wanted to sleep in his new bed I would have kept looking.

The room has cost a small fortune between the paint, painting supplies, bed, bedding, mattress and new shelving.

Now DH informed me he spent $50 on sheet metal!!! I made the mistake of telling him it would be cool to put sheet metal on his closet doors and turn it into a "garage" for his hot wheel cars (glue a magnet on the bottom of them). Now DH is set on doing it because its cool.

oh i remember those days... i budgeted $500 for her new bed, went with a foam mattress vrs regular style, and bought a loft bed off walmart.ca and i still inched over the budget.. thankfully her room was redone a few yrs ago and she still loves the pink
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Cold Weather, I am so sick of cold weather.

I have been doing some major cleaning and need to take out all this garbage and recycling but do not want to freeze going over to the dumpster and recycling bins.

Just one nice warmish day is all I am asking for, just one please.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

My furnace went out yesterday, guy says he has to order a part and will pick it up first thing today and will be back here by 10, over 2 hours late and not answering the phone to the company or me... they said if he isn't here by 3 they will send someone else - that someone else better have the part it needs

and Best Buy. I bought some stuff in the Boxing Day sale on Dec 27. They sent me a tracking on the 30th saying it may take 24hrs to show on tracking. No biggy. Track and UPS still say it has not been delivered to them. So yesterday I email asking when it will be delivered because I am back to work next week and want to have someone here to accept it (UPS likes to leave expensive parcels on my lawn, once even by the recycling!). Get an email back saying they have been in touch with CP and my printer is lost and they are refunding me $129. Errrr I didn't order a printer and my parcel didn't go by CP. Call back and she says that they just issue tracking numbers and despite my order being 'shipped' it isn't and is still in processing (excuse me, your FAQ says I will be charged when it ships and I was charged) and they hope to send it by Jan 10
    Ciel likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Where shall I begin? Got stuck at the end of my driveway and it took 45 minutes with 4 of us digging to get out. Then in town, some jacka** runs a stop sign almost t-boning me on the drivers side. My skillful(?) driving avoided that. I flipped out on the afore mentioned jacka** I got a beautiful coat from eBay which fit everywhere but the BOOBS! Again the BOOBS are causing problems And apparently the seller's inches are different than the rest of the world's. now my satellite receiver isn't working. The dogs are bored out of their minds and driving me bonkers playing butler.
    Just call me Wolfie

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Why is it that a store closing liquidation sale brings out the absolute animals in people.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Why is it that a store closing liquidation sale brings out the absolute animals in people.
    I think I know where you went today.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I think I know where you went today.
    OMG if I was an employee and had to clean up I would cry.

I was looking at ties for Kevin and they were all on the floor.

People are piling their baskets sky high and trying stuff on in front of the mirrors because the change rooms are so busy and they leave all the clothes they don't want on the floor Sick
    Angela273 and wolfwoman like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Decided since we did not go out today instead of having a blah do nothing day I would try to get caught up on chores from being away and coming home sick.

All is going great get my sheets washed in the dryer, put my comforter in the washer just as I was leaving the room I turn around to see light getting in around the dryer vent, no big deal, grab the step ladder and go to reconnect the pipe. All of a sudden I smell a strong burning smell, turn off the dryer nothing seems to be over heating but do not want to take a chance so off to the laundry mat I go to finish the laundry $5.50 later everything is dry plus a load I had not washed yet but needed to be dried is also done.

Our dryer is only 3 years and was just serviced a couple of months ago because it was not drying properly and if you put a large size load in it, it over heated. They said nothing was wrong the vent just needed to be cleaned no big deal and to not worry. When asked what we have to do they say nothing as it looks like the previous owners were not venting properly so this could not happen again now that it has been cleaned a our dryer would vent properly. So Why just a couple months later is there a strong burning smell coming from my dryer??????????
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Where have all the bananas gone?

Went to Walmart today...not one banana left... so went to the Superstore...no bananas there either!?! Who took all the bananas?
    Angela273, i_forget and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Venuila View Post

Went to Walmart today...not one banana left... so went to the Superstore...no bananas there either!?! Who took all the bananas?
    You don't want them.
    I was at Walmart, No Frills, Food Basics and Costco over the past 2 days and all of the bananas were nasty looking.
    No bananas this week.
    Angela273 and Venuila like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Venuila View Post

this is an interesting post! now I have to go look for bananas

I was surprised to find out last week that by the time we see apples in the grocery store, they are around 8 months old! I did not know that!
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Sun, Jan 5th, 2014 at 07:12 PM.
    Venuila likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Saw really nice bananas at Mourelatos for .39lb.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bought the kids a laptop for Christmas.
    This was not a cheap laptop, cost nearly $700....and it is so slow and driving me nuts.

Getting returned tomorrow!!!
    saundyl, Angela273 and GoJays like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Page 103 of 654 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast

Thread Information