User Tag List

Page 1132 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 132 632 1032 1082 1122 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1142 1182 1232 1632 2132 ... LastLast
Results 16,966 to 16,980 of 38270
Like Tree169176Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

New plan for tonight. Superstore had pork chops on sale, so I went to my standby site, allrecipes.com for some ideas. For all the recipes I try (and post about!), you'd think I love to cook. In reality it's not my favourite thing, but I'm the only one in the house who does cook (DH is very good about doing everything else, so I'm OK with that), and I am always trying to find new things that DS will enjoy. He's not really a picky eater, but I don't want him to be a kid whose favourites are chicken nuggets and Kraft Dinner, I want him to be the kid who goes to university with a crockpot packed.

So, here's what's on tonight's menu. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Smoky-G...e7=Home%20Page I will cook them on my new Cuisinart toy...er...grill. I also sliced up some potatoes with my mandolin, will toss those with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake in the oven.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 1 others like this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I've been eating leftover turkey since making mine on new years. Have three containers in the freezer and one in the fridge that I have been eating from. Will finish up what is left in the fridge tonight with some peas maybe for veg.
    harbie, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I made roast duck today. Was supposed to be for dinner but i made it for a late lunch/early dinner. I make roast duck once a year for hubby around Christmas/New Years. Tomorrow is Ukranian Christmas Eve so i thought it would be fitting for today. I stuffed the duck with saurkraut which i prepared yesterday(rinsed saurkraut, fried onions, chopped a slice of bacon, some Juniper Berries and some peppercorns and mixed everything and simmered for about 1 hr), several cloves of garlic and topped it off with sliced bacon. DELICIOUS! We drained the fat halfway through the roasting. Also made mashed potatoes, Arctic Gardens frozen vegies (green and yellow stringbeans & carrots), turkey gravy, baguette and a nice green salad. Dessert was mixed fresh fruit (pineapple, orange, grapes, strawberries and Honeydew melon). But too stuffed to eat any.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Breakfast for dinner.
    Natalka, harbie, Angela273 and 2 others like this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

homemade turkey gravy with mushrooms and onions...hopefully.. on the homemade fresh bread im making.
    with fresh veggies.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Spinach and Ricotta Dumplings in Classico Marinara Sauce with homemade potato buns. Yummy it is like the filling a spinach and cheese tortellini but without the pasta. This is the first time we have tried this recipe and have decided it is a cheaper.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

for dinner i made oven baked breaded chicken strips.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Last night, I made mini quiche for appies. Husband made sarma (we only had ground pork, usually it's half pork and half beef, but no one was going shopping yesterday), which was incredibly yummy. We were also low on bread, so I made cheddar biscuits to sop up the goodness...
    Sent son home with lots of leftovers, plus a half recipe of an apple/berry crisp I made just for him.

.... we were fortunate in the timing for the meal yesterday! The power went out at 5:20, just at the point where the pot of sarma was just about ready. The oven was still hot from the biscuits, so we just put the pot in there; quiche were already made. Son arrives for supper shortly after, so we ate right away.

Power was out almost four hours - SO happy when it came back on; we were getting prepped for a cold night...

Edit - guess I was just sleep-deprived when I wrote out that we were going to have leftovers for tonight's supper. No...

Tonight is Ukrainian Christmas Eve so we'll have perogies, cabbage rolls, and baked fish.
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Jan 6th, 2014 at 08:37 AM.
    harbie, Angela273, KelJo and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well today is Ukrainian Christmas Eve and usually i would make salmon steaks or something meatless. I dont have any fish on hand and right now it`s freezing rain outside. Supposed to change over to just rain and then snow. I dont feel like going out to the grocery store but we shall see.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

Here in NFLD we call it Old Christmas Day, and treat it the same as Christmas Day (without the gifts, usually..lol) so there will be a family dinner at my grandmothers, prob turkey, ham and salads today. And lots of homemade sweets, molasses bread, wine, etc.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Tonight made teriyaki pork tenderloin (which I marinated yesterday), with maple ginger carrots, broccoli and rice.

Made an extra tenderloin, so pork will be on the menu for at least a couple of days this week.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I've been trying to use up some low quality roast ham.
    We had penne pasta with a mushroom ham sauce and home made coleslaw with a glass of milk.
    chopped ham, chopped red onion, mushroom soup, canned mushrooms, milk, garlic powder, parsley flakes and Worcestershire sauce.

I also made an experimental batch of chia oatmeal cookies. They are ok, but more of a consistency of a muffin. I wrote down the recipe.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today I am going to prepare Vietnamese meals with spring roll and sticky rice with green bean. A Vietnamese friend visit my family tonight

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Received a phone call last this afternoon that one of our friends was found passed away in the livingroom. Kinda took our appetite away so we didnt have any dinner.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So Sorry for your loss (((hugs)))

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Received a phone call last this afternoon that one of our friends was found passed away in the livingroom. Kinda took our appetite away so we didnt have any dinner.
    harbie, Angela273 and KelJo like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Thread Information