• 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 2 Post By acosta
  • 1 Post By xlxo
  • 1 Post By c_mcarthur
  • 1 Post By krrosell

Thread: Ugh i never get any inserts

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

So after casually browsing instagram and seeing the photos of people getting triple inserts, I was sadly reminded that I don't get inserts. I am actually very upset that I never get any inserts. Long story short I live in an apartment, so we don't get the local newspaper thus we never get any inserts. We do get flyers in a "saver" bags but there are never any inserts in these bags. I have contacted the local newspaper and saver bags and they always tell me that buildings don't receive the paper, and the insert will only come in the paper. UGH it's just so unfair. It's crazy because all the houses on my street get inserts. Literally a house two steps from my buildings get inserts, and my building doesn't. I have complained many times to our saver bag and newspaper but it's just going nowhere. Half the time they don't even know what a coupon insert is. So whenever a coupon insert comes out, I am at the mercy of people who somehow get multiples of inserts. :cries: ITS JUST SO FRUSTRATING THAT I CANT DO ANYTHING UGH.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

UGH I know how you feel. Living in a building I get no newspaper, flyers or inserts either I'm lucky that my mom saves any she gets but I usually get my hands on the leftover coupons after she has taken what she wants. Lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Me neither. Make peace with it. You can always get what you need by asking friends, looking in recycle bins or trading. Not worth the aggravation
    c_mcarthur likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have read that other people go to Tims, McDonalds etc. and take the inserts from the papers they have for their customers.
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm lucky if I see a Publi-sac...They often aren't delivered close to me so looking around is often not going to yield them.

I don't sub-scribe to any newspapers either.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love my inserts.... however my neighbours do not. So they requested their address to never receive community papers with inserts.

Perhaps you should bring the topic up with the strata. I wonder if the strata or building manager has requested the inserts to not appear.

Personally, I noticed my inserts coming inconsistently with carrier holidays and retirement. I've since discovered flyer apps that are avaiable on iOS, Android and Blackberry 10. Not only do I get local inserts, I also get advertisements for neighboring municipalities (love Princess Auto).

(Sorry it appears the app is censored on this site)

• It was great to have electronic on my phone/tablet during Boxing Day.
    • oh the convenience giving advertisements the finger each time you want to change the page.
    • you even get to see "upcoming" flyers days before she show up in the flyers
    Last edited by xlxo; Fri, Jan 10th, 2014 at 01:34 AM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

yup apartments wont ever get inserts unless u subscribe to a paid newspaper and even then you run the chance of someone stealing it from the lobby.
    We get a flyer bag as well, and never get the inserts.
    which is funny because usually people who live in apartments need the savings more than people who actually own houses.
    Not always the case, but usually.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I have a subscription with the local paper through a promo- only like $9 a month to ensure I get at least one copy of all of the inserts, might want to look into which paper is the cheapest, a lot of them run promo's. Also, as mentioned above, if I am at Tim's or McDonalds, I always look through the papers they have for inserts, you sometimes get lucky
    Last edited by krrosell; Fri, Jan 10th, 2014 at 07:53 AM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    yup apartments wont ever get inserts unless u subscribe to a paid newspaper and even then you run the chance of someone stealing it from the lobby.
    We get a flyer bag as well, and never get the inserts.
    which is funny because usually people who live in apartments need the savings more than people who actually own houses.
    Not always the case, but usually.
    This may depend on where you live. I live in an apartment building and we get papers here (not the main city newspaper, but a newspaper nevertheless) that come full of flyers and the inserts. I didn't get the P&G in mine but the other two were in there.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I live in a house and rarely(2 inserts in the past year) get inserts with my flyers. Here the inserts come with the flyers not the paper. There's hardly any coupons for stuff we buy in the inserts except for the P&G ones and those I just order online so it doesn't bother me too much.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I very rarely get the inserts with the flyers. Half of the time I don't even get all of my flyers anymore.I get all of the flyers except the grocery store flyers weird.

Thread Information