User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Smartphone --> Dumb People!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK so it's been a very long time since I had some 'Romantic activity' and gave this nice lady a shot whom works for the same outfit I do. Known her a few years, she is nice and I enjoy her company.

So after we both make it obvious to each other we would like to enjoy a 'fun evening/night' with each other, we head off for a nice diner to start things off.

She spent the entire diner constantly texting someone on her phone, twitty or facebook and would even giggle and 'update' me on what the person just said.

I was so turned off by this, I kind of became angry to. It is so rude and childish, I am there and she is not.

Needless to say, she never got access to my funny hands at all, which is too bad for her, I bet she never fooled around with a creepy scorpio before. I left after diner with a 'headache' and I won't ever date her again.

How many times have i posted about my deep dislike for people who use smartphones during social events. DO NOT DO!

((( I think this post makes me sound like a drama queen, but I am not )))
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I think that most people realize that this behavior is rude. You don't go on a date with someone and spend the time playing on your phone. IMO, you should have told her why the evening got cut short, that clearly she was enjoying her gadget more than she was enjoying your company!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Glad you walked away, you are in the right.

You deserve someone who gives you her full attention!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

That's just plain rude damn phones there a time and place for everything
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

At least she was filling you in. I've seen ones where people just stare at their phones through the whole meal and don't even talk to each other.
    Glad you're skipping date #2
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh the joys of dating, I agree if you are out with me but need to be talking to everyone else there is something wrong with the whole situation.

I know myself I have been guilty of being on my phone way too much, just never on date. I would never leave the house without my phone but if you are going on a date put it on silent, I mean come on really is anything that important it cannot wait until after dinner.

But than again this leads me to wonder why when I am in my car (as per the new ad for what company I cannot remember) do I need to access my facebook. Now that I think about this it would creep me out if someone was posting to their friends about our date. Our date does not need to be posted on facebook or twitter or any other social media.

Good for you no second date is the right option and love the "headache" line.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    OK so it's been a very long time since I had some 'Romantic activity' and gave this nice lady a shot whom works for the same outfit I do. Known her a few years, she is nice and I enjoy her company.

So after we both make it obvious to each other we would like to enjoy a 'fun evening/night' with each other, we head off for a nice diner to start things off.

She spent the entire diner constantly texting someone on her phone, twitty or facebook and would even giggle and 'update' me on what the person just said.

I was so turned off by this, I kind of became angry to. It is so rude and childish, I am there and she is not.

Needless to say, she never got access to my funny hands at all, which is too bad for her, I bet she never fooled around with a creepy scorpio before. I left after diner with a 'headache' and I won't ever date her again.

How many times have i posted about my deep dislike for people who use smartphones during social events. DO NOT DO!

((( I think this post makes me sound like a drama queen, but I am not )))

i have a dh but if anything ever happened to him and I started dating again I would most certainly have my phone and be checking any text messages or calls. I would likely ignore most of them and put my phone back but I have 2 "things" that are more important than any date or activity I am enjoying. Ds1 and ds2. Although I would be honest about that before making a date.

I have also heard of people having a friend call them (especially on a first date) to make sure everything is ok and give an out in case the date is creepy (but it sounds like you knew each other well enough for he to feel safe on this date. And a quick call or text is not the same as socializing with others for the whole date.)

based on your specific situation though she was definitely rude and you are right to walk away annoyed.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

hahahahaha!!!!!!!!! sorry but this is hilarious!

man i wish people would put down the phones and enjoy their surroundings. this is such a beautiful life.

im one of those weirdos who likes the silence though. actually i think silence can be pretty loud too.

i dont understand twitter- i guess its just another distraction...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree, it is SO rude! I know someone who has the phone in front of her face the whole time you are having a conversation with her and totally doesn't listen to you/can't even hear you. It is terribly rude...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Admittedly, I can be pretty bad with my phone but were I out on a date, the phone would be away and on vibrate, unless there was a specific need. Can only imagine what a relationship with that person would be like. I would not have made an excuse, I would've ran my mouth and told her exactly why I was leaving. Incredibly rude.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    i have a dh but if anything ever happened to him and I started dating again I would most certainly have my phone and be checking any text messages or calls. I would likely ignore most of them and put my phone back but I have 2 "things" that are more important than any date or activity I am enjoying. Ds1 and ds2. Although I would be honest about that before making a date.

Probably one of the few reasons someone should be on the phone during a date/meeting/dinner etc. I would understand if the person explained that they needed to keep their phone on because of their kids. My friend is a doctor who is often on call and he told his date up front that he needed to keep his phone on and check it if it rang because he was on call and she was totally fine with it. Luckily it didn't go off and they've been together for 3 years. No excuse for being on Twitter or Facebook though.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I absolutely despise those phones. They are rude and completely unnecessary. They may be called a "smart" phone but they sure do make the user stupid.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

awww sweetie that sucks

personally I would have taken out my phone and texted her saying glad to know your phone is more important than getting to know me and left!!!

that is completely RUDE

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

vesper, she sure wasted your time, you dodged a bullet I'd say. When you got back home were your cats all like

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

That is the worst!!!! I hate going out for coffee with a friend and having them do that...

Sorry about your crappy date Vesper.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information