User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: T4 Slip : Hold Your Employer Accountable if yours is delayed/not received - CRA fine

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

If your employer , could also be an Employment agency or a Temping agency etc doesn't give you your T4 Slip or is playing hard ball , report them to CRA.

The various employment agencies / contract agencies are the worst , when it comes to mailing out or even preparing your T4 slips . Generally companies you work for directly are good at giving your T4 slips.
    They have to give it to you by end of February or they can be fined & penalised for it .

When you log into your CRA account you can see if your employer has created your T4 slip or not , even if its not arrived in your mail .

So don't let the employer BS you & tell you that we have already made your T4 & its been mailed out & you just haven't received it yet

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tp...strbt-eng.html

Distributing T4 slips to employees

You must give employees their T4 slips on or before the last day of February following the calendar year to which the slips apply.

If you do not, you may be subject to a penalty.

The penalty for failing to distribute T4 slips to recipients is $25 per day for each such failure with a minimum penalty of $100 and a maximum of $2,500.

Give the employee one of the following:

• two copies, sent by mail to their last known address;
    • two copies, delivered in person; or
    • one copy distributed electronically (for example, by email) if you have received the employee's consent in writing or electronic format.

We suggest that you print the two T4 slips that you have to give to each employee on one sheet. For security purposes, do not print your payroll account number (box 54) on these copies.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    MortgageQueen likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My previous employer is so lazy , I called them regarding my T4 slip ..they are mailing them out on the last day - 28 Feb

I don't know why they wait till the last day ..if the last day was March 31 st , I guess they would have waited till March 31
    mulock likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Those T4 slips better be ready Online by tomorrow ( 28 Feb ) or get mailed out or hand delivered in your office by tomorrow , the last day for giving them out without penalty ( in case you decide to complain to CRA )

I think the complaint should be anonymous , who else is going to complain about their current employer without the fear of losing their job or some other action being taken or relations getting sour

Thesedays companies use fear & intimidation tactics & label employees as troublemakers , when the employee tries to hold the company accountable & responsible.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I've been fighting over my last T4 as well. Just got it today. It got sent to my old address, even though I NEVER lived there when I worked for this company. My mailing address was always the current one. I'm all ready to play with Ufile now

Good luck getting your T4
    tjthemanto likes this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alicia View Post
    I've been fighting over my last T4 as well. Just got it today. It got sent to my old address, even though I NEVER lived there when I worked for this company. My mailing address was always the current one. I'm all ready to play with Ufile now

Good luck getting your T4
    Just checked my mail , also got it today ..it was mailed yesterday just by regular mail & came in today ..Canada Post was superfast

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@alicia-visit whoever is in charge of payroll and ask to view your file with them. The wrong address must in somewhere-payroll or another file. Get it resolved so it does not recur.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The last thing anyone wants is the CRA breathing down their backs. Sic the CRA on the employer and let the employer be the ones with the red- on their CRA file/account.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    My previous employer is so lazy , I called them regarding my T4 slip ..they are mailing them out on the last day - 28 Feb

I don't know why they wait till the last day ..if the last day was March 31 st , I guess they would have waited till March 31
    Actually they mailed it out on 26 Feb & I got it on 27 Feb ..that was very fast by Canada Post ..kudos to them

I was cursing my employer for nothing ..he he he ..plus my taxes are also already done ..NETFILED on March 1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Even my bank and the TTC seem to send their tax forms out last minute. Literally, the last day, or two before the decline, they all come in. I'd love to get my taxes done earlier, but apparently it's too much trouble for these companies to get the forms out earlier. :/

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Still waiting for mine......

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    Still waiting for mine......
    Hopefully they have atleast mailed it by Feb 28 & the delay is in the mail.

I think for active employees , maybe they should just hand them personally in the office instead of mailing them , waste of paper & stamps ..or maybe make them available online with your password etc
    Tweets77 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

r schools accountable - my school doesn't do online download so they puraloted it and now stuck in transit - wtf

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    r schools accountable - my school doesn't do online download so they puraloted it and now stuck in transit - wtf
    Probably not as they don't give a T4 , but a T2 slip i.e Tuition fee tax receipt (T2202A)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i may not be posting this correct, so my apologies if i am not and please still reply. last fall me and a couple buddies were working for this sub contractor doing roofing. he went on the cra website and used the free payroll deduction calculator to "show" us our payroll deductions and then proceeded to type up his on paystubs that were false. He deducted the amount specified by the cra payroll deduction calculator from our paychecks. paid us in cash claiming there was fraud isssues with his business account from somoene writing fake cheques. All 3 of us have not receieved t4s for 2014 from him. One of us called cra and they said they have no record of our boss filing a t4 for him. so he basically deducted x amount of dollars from each of us and pocketed it, told all of us our t4s are in the mail. now i know he can get up to a 2500$ fine for each one of us but what else can happen for the absolute tax evasion and literally stealing cash from each one of our paycheques every week. From the 3 of us combined it was about 600$ plus a week he was pocketing. and this year hes refusing to give me my paycheque from last week. He also fired a new employee after a week and told an old employee he will give him the new employees paycheck because he felt the new employee was useless and didnt like him. Now the 3 of us who got screwed on our t4s and got 1000$s of dollars stolen from us are wondering how we got about reporting our boss and what kind of trouble he will get in because what he did is complete crap and he is clearly a low life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information