User Tag List

Page 26 of 338 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast
Like Tree11943Likes

Thread: Hot Deals to Price Match at Walmart WIKI Thread

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    I just asked a similar questoin on the Walmart Canada Facebook page, and got a completely different response.

I wrote:
    You responded to an earlier question about online ad matching. Here is what you said on October 25th: "We will Ad match items from a mobile device provided that the item is identical, in-stock and we can validate that the advertising is current, You can show the current pricing on the mobile device or bring in a printed copy of the offer with a current date. This applies to Canadian online flyers, and Canadian retailers that offer online purchases." In reading this, it sounds like if I wanted to price match with No Frills Atlantic, which is not in my immediate area, I can do so because they have an online flyer that you can see on their website each week. Is this correct? Or do they also need to offer online purchases as well? Please clarify. Thanks!

Their response:
    Hello! We have not changed our customer ad match policy. The ad match policy you see written on our flyers and in store signage has not changed. We have always encouraged our store managers to be empowered to run their stores in a manner that gives the best customer experience possible. We want our customers to trust that Walmart offers everyday low prices. If you have a current flyer that advertises a lower price for an identical item, then please bring it into your local Walmart store and the front-end team will be happy to assist you. Thank you. Walmart Canada.

And based on that response, here is their Ad Match Policy from their website... so they have totally contracted themselves on their Facebook page between October 25 and October 27...
    so yeah, Walmart still doesn't have it's together. See the two bolded, red, underlined parts below:

http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

We’re committed to providing low prices every day. On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and we’ll match it. Right at the register.

We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:*

• Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price
      • Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)

• Competitors' ads that feature a specific item for a specified price
    • Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad
    • For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)

*The following are guidelines and limitations:

• We will match any local competitor's advertised price.
    • We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.
    • Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)

We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:

• Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
      • example: "Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C"

• Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product
      • example: "Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free"

• Items that require a purchase to get a competitors' gift card
      • example: "Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card

• Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given
    • Going out of business or closeout prices
    • Percentage off
      • example: "All mascara, 40% off"

• Competitors' private label price promotions

We do not honor:

• Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined
    • Internet pricing
    • Misprinted ad prices of other retailers
    • "Going out of business" sales or "closeout" prices

Actually, you're pulling up the U.S. website's Ad Match Policy, which Canada's is loosely based on. However, Walmart Canada does not point people to this link as it is not Walmart Canada's Ad Match Policy. Walmart Canada will direct you to the back of the flyers or:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/help/products/pricing

The memo that the stores all got regarding the Ad Match, everyone will note that Walmart Canada has NOT issued anything publicly regarding the change. It was all via the internal memo - a memo that they do not release to the public (they will tell you that all confidential internal documents are not released publicly). Head Office is looking at making Canada-wide price matching part of the current policy, but have not done so yet. For now, it's store by store. And I can tell you, issues are coming up with it that Head Office will have to address before they actually make it part of the policy. Glad to see Walmart Canada doing this - and hope it doesn't get abused (I've heard there is at least one site out there that contains fake flyers, so things like this are going to be watched for) otherwise they may not make it policy - the U.S. doesn't have this, nor do they allow price matching to internet prices, so Canada is ahead of the U.S. Walmart's in this technological age.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm wondering if all stores deal are dealing with PM-ing the same way. At my store they enter the price into the cash as a price adjustment, then they print out a receipt tape, then they fill out form with the item description and price?? It too me 40 min.s to check out today, and I'm hoping there is a way to make this quicker. I PM'd 10 items.
    ROMEO likes this.

Savingyourhardearnedmoney
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Oh, that sounds very time consuming! Have they always done it this way or is this new? Kelowna Walmart doesn't do that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This is how they always do it, and yes it is time consuming even worse if the cashier is new or unsure. How does Kelowna do it? TIA
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

All they do is override the price. The cashiers are getting more familiar with the stores I price match, so today was super fast. I just use my iPad to take Rebee screenshots of the flyers I want to use. Once at the store I make a new folder in my photo albums called Walmart. I then transfer the Rebee flyer photos for the items I actually end up buying into this file. When I go to check out I have the items in order of my photos on the cashier's belt. I go once a week and know 3 cashiers who are very competent at price matching. I was wondering if things had changed when you posted your experience, but it was business as usual today. Maybe you need to visit Kelowna.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Walmart has not changed it's official policy yet...and they may not ever put it in writing... but stores are honoring it. In Canada we have had so many retailer upsets that now they are competing hard for biz. If they are not just ask them to contact head office and check for the changes.

This year Walmart has not made as much as last year and numbers are projected to go down further... here is part of the reasons in my area.

In spring last year Target opened 5 locations in calgary and walmart was milking that void for all it was worth... Target opened their numbers went down... as did every other grocery chains. I know walmart is crying the blues that their profit margin went down... but they are smart they expected it.

We had 3 new stores open under one chain name here. Save On Foods has opened 3 brand newly built stores inside our city.

Sobeys bought out almost all safeway locations... the remaining locations have been purchased by Save On Foods and Coop.

Pc bought out shoppers.

HBC sold as well.

This many changes in a marketplace in a year is unheard of. The thing that will keep walmart going is customer loyalty.

Why don't they change their policy officially?
    They are going above and beyond to make customers happy and this extra we are afforded is not in the walmart world wide guidelines or platform. When the people in the USA with a much more stable market ask for nation wide pming they can say some stores managers may allow it in canada but it is not our policy. This means they can take it away, restrict, change and claim it was never their policy at any time... it gives them the fluid ability to change and adapt this process so it isn't a massive money losing venture. From a biz perspective it is a rather clever strategy.

Long story short, I don't think they will change the "official policy" any time soon, but they are being fair enough to allow us to do it anyway.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks SYHEM I might have to check out Kelowna. At this location I have to print the flyers. which is ok with me and I put all items for a single flyer together and have them circled so in that way its pretty smooth sailings, its all the printing receipts and writing up the PM's (every flavor gets a separate slip) that takes so long. I kinda thought other stores must be doing things differently I may try passing the info on to the manager and see what he says, I don't mind waiting but I hate having to hold up others in line, and at my store they wont open a till for me. Thanks for the info.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Here's some deals around Canada that you can price match at Walmart.
    SuperMarche Feb 24-Mar 2 Mont,Que
    English cucumbers .69 ea
    Asparagus .99/lb
    Oasis 8X200ml $1.99
    Country Natural Sausages 300g $1.99
    Grape Tomatoes .99
    Spinach .99
    Lococo's 28-Mar 6 Niagra Falls,Ont
    Asparagus .99/lb
    Seedless Cucumbers .69
    Anjou Pears .69/lb
    Oceans Brampton,Ont 28-Mar 6
    Strawberries $1.59/lb box
    Fresh Pork Ham .99/lb
    Napa cabbage .59/lb
    Spaghetti Squash .39/lb
    Red Grapes .99/lb
    Spinach 3 bunches for $2(.67ea)
    Quality Greens 24-Mar 3
    Spartan apples .49/lb
    Seasons Brampton,Ont 28-Mar 6
    Fresh Pork Loin center and rib $1.29/lb
    Chicken Leg .99/lb
    Zucchini .59/lb
    Korean Cabbage .59/lb
    Jumbo Head Lettuce .79 ea
    Spinach 3 bunches 3/$2
    Red Globe grapes .99/lb
    Yummy Market Feb 21- Mar 6 Brampton,Ont
    Pork Boneless Centre Cut Rib End Chops or Roast $1.99/lb
    Blue Sky Toronto,Ont Feb 28-Mar 6
    2lb carrots 2/$1.50
    Crown Broccoli .69/lb
    Fresh Chicken Wings $1.69/lb
    Garlic 5(3s)for $1
    Roma Tomatoes .79/lb
    No Frills Brampton,Ont 28-Mar 6
    Chicken drumsticks or Thighs $1.88/lb
    Mushrooms 227g .88
    Iceberg lettuce .88
    Roma tomatoes .88/lb
    18 pack large eggs $2.88
    Country Harvest or Mealtyme Bread 675g $1.88
    Sobeys Brampton,Ont 28-Mar 6
    18 pack large eggs $2.99
    Food Port 28-Mar 6 Milton,Ont
    Chickens $1.88/lb $4.14/kg
    T&T 28-Mar 3 Surrey BC
    Honeydew .99/lb
    Roma Tomatoes .68/lb
    HMart 28-Mar 6
    Green Onions 5/$1 (FRI_SUN)
    Best Value Toronto, Ont 28-Mar 6
    Chicken Drumsticks $1.27/lb (Fri-Sun)
    Green Onions 3/.97
    Green Apples .77/lb
    Celery .97
    Nations Brampton,Ont 28-Mar 6
    Strawberries $1.59/lb box
    Fresh Pork Ham .99/lb
    Radicchio 2 for $1
    Savoy Cabbage .29/lb
    Red Grapes .99/lb
    Spinach 3 bunches for $2(.67ea)
    Cataldi 26-Mar 4 Toronto,Ont
    Celery .99
    Metro Feb 27-Mar 5 Montreal, Que
    Large Eggs 2/$4
    Bonanaza Lalumiere 24-Mar 2 Mont,Que
    Bananas .49/lb $1.08/kg
    Cantaloupes $1.39
    Tomatoes .79/lb
    5lbs carrots or onions $1.49
    Farmer Al's 26-28 Niagra Falls,Ont
    White potatoes 10lbs $1.49
    Pineapples $1.49
    IGA 27-Mar 5Montreal, Que
    Cabbage Green,red,or savoy .59/lb $1.30/kg
    Old Town Farm Market 26-Mar3 Kelowna BC
    Ambrosia apples .79/lb
    Green or Red leaf Lettuce .99ea
    FreshCo Feb 27- Mar 5 Hampton Ont
    Eye of Round Roast $1.97/lb
    Large Eggs $1.88

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cheap groceries to pm at Walmart Feb 28-Mar 6th:

Deals:

Metro
    Maggi So juicy seasoning mix $1/2-$0.50(printable from save.ca)=free

Rexall
    Royale paper towel, tissues $3.99-$3/$2 coupon+snapsave $1 rebate

Food Basics
    Panbello Pizza $2.88-$1=$1.88-$1snapsave=$.88

Independant
    glad cling wrap/alcan foil $1-$1 snapsave rebate

bestco
    colgate senstive toothpaste 85ml $1.28

farm fresh
    pork chop $.99/lb

food depot
    green onion $1/4

fresh value
    crest 130ml toothpaste $.99

*foodymart(scar)
    lee kum kee olyster sauce $.99

grants
    chapman 2L ice cream

*Perfect
    cherry $1.28/lb

*great food
    2L canada dry $.97-$1=free

Best value
    ground pork $.87/lb

Hmart
    green onion $1/5

superking
    grapefruit $1/4

oasis
    banana $.38lb

London drugs
    arm & Hammer 24-44wl $2.99-$1.25(tp coupon)
    Last edited by cinpow; Sat, Mar 1st, 2014 at 01:41 PM.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Thank you cinpow and SavingYourHardEarnedMoney for sharing with us every week!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for listing all the great deals, appreciate the time it takes to go through all those flyers.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We were in Walmart Kelowna this afternoon. The CSM came to tell us....no more Canada wide price managing effective this afternoon. Sad face.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

No longer in Vernon either, as I write this from a puddle, a puddle of tears ....LOL

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

.... There have been a few management changes in my neck of the woods and each manager brings his or her own rules. Two stores have changed policies surrounding this recently. They do not have to adopt the Canada-wide policy as it was merely permission granted by H.O. to follow such a procedure, not a requirement. Thankfully my local store knows it has to compete with our Target fiercely and is stretching the policies as far as they can.
    ashoo, Valerey and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    .... There have been a few management changes in my neck of the woods and each manager brings his or her own rules. Two stores have changed policies surrounding this recently. They do not have to adopt the Canada-wide policy as it was merely permission granted by H.O. to follow such a procedure, not a requirement. Thankfully my local store knows it has to compete with our Target fiercely and is stretching the policies as far as they can.
    u r lucky to have target and then walmart price matching canada-wide. I'm surrounded by 3 walmarts; all so picky about price matching locally and sadly no target

Page 26 of 338 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread Information