User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: **UPDATED** Sears customer service sucks! (Sears owes me $850)

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

**** As of May 8, 2014 Sears still has not credited me back a bed that they picked up ****

Bought a Sears brand bed from the Whole Home MD line. This bed made my whole BODY ACHE. It felt like I was breathing in fine particles that made my body expand so the particles could have a place to stay.

If this wasn't bad enough, the delivery company guys put their dirty hands all over my new bed. I couldn't remove these stains. The name on the delivery truck said UniCo and not Sears.

I bought this bed because a Westbrook Sears employee, David Wxxx, spent 20 minutes telling me how this was the greatest bed in the world. He told me that a plush mattress was a firm mattress with a pillowtop but it isn't. A plush is like a medium firm bed.

I noticed that Sears deletes reviews from their website so I am putting my review here.

I am sure this bed would have killed me! Sears is that why you are going bankrupt because you killed all of your other customers.

Sears I am still waiting for my refund, your website says it takes a few days, it is way more than that now.

(Will update if I get a refund of $850.00)

============Part 2==========================

Michelle, the manager at Westbrook Sears, refused to help and laughed at me (I was so sick from the Whole HomeMD bed) told me to call the 1800 number.

Called the 1 800 number and talked to a Ram who kept putting me on hold and told me that I would have to do an exchange.

Went to Brentwood Sears where Katherine Hxll also refused to do a return and forced me to buy another mattress. I told her about the delivery people and their dirty hands. She told me that other customers had complained about them. She herself said she had a problem with the delivery people. She said they came to her house at 7am and she sent them away because she was in her pajamas. Katherine also said she put comments in the special instructions like pick up two Tim Horton's coffee, she thought it was funny.

She called me later that day saying that there was a problem and she spent at least 20 minutes talking to a Samuel at the delivery center. She said it was all cleared up.

Surprisingly, the same delivery people showed up, they looked like the members of the most hated band in Canada Nikleback, they once again put their dirty hands all over the bed. I called Katherine and told her and she said that she would send cleaners and I told Katherine they picked up the other bed even though the guy said they usually don't. Katherine told me to call the 1 800 number and tell them the bed was picked up. I did and talked to a Pearl and told her and she said she made a note in my file. I waited several days and no cleaners came so I talked to Katherine again and she said she would do a return. Marshall called me and the delivery people came again to pick up the mattress.

It seems that Katherine entered the exchange incorrectly in the Sears system. She was supposed to create 2 entries one for a pick-up and one for a delivery. Instead she only created one entry, for a delivery with special instructions that this is an exchange (which also appears on my receipt). Even though the delivery people picked up the mattress their system shows no record.

After talking to three separate people at Sears, the first two said they would investigate and get back to me because my receipt specifically states it is an exchange even though it was entered as a sale, they didn’t. Called a third time and talked to a Paul, who told me I was a liar and that he didn’t care. I could tell by some of the stuff he was saying that he had me investigated. Paul said there was nothing that he was going to do. Paul said that there was NO note on the file from a Pearl or any indication that I called that day saying they picked up the bed. He told me he would email Katherine and told me to call her.

So, now I have called and emailed Katherine and she is not returning my phone call or email.

This is how sears is surviving the bankruptcy by stealing from regular law abiding citizens. Something Sears would no nothing about.

I hate to tell you this Sears but your own delivery people took my really old mattress for free and unwrapped. The delivery people only like to pick up wrapped in plastic beds. Your own delivery people stole $30 from you. Sears that is how much you charge to recycle old beds.

Something curious, each time they delivered the bed there was a two foot long hole in the plastic, which smelled like exhaust or rat poison or something else equally bad.

I even did a price match for the first bed, went to the store printed everything out and left it their and they still haven’t done the price match for the bed. I wasn’t going to complain because I was supposed to get a refund for both beds.

SEARS YOU SUCK!
    YOU STOLE MY MONEY AND TRIED TO KILL ME.
    I HOPE KARMA GETS YOU!
    This thread is currently associated with: Sears
    Last edited by Anne99; Mon, Jan 2nd, 2023 at 12:31 PM. Reason: More information

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience with Sears.

I just made a online purchase last week - crossing my fingers!

Good luck!
    Anne99 likes this.
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

A few years back, I bought a stove and fridge from Sears online. I called them first to ensure they delivered to where it needed to go, a rural area. They asked for the postal code, allegedly looked it up and said that they did deliver there. So I ordered. The day of the delivery I hadn't heard from them with a delivery window, so I called them. Turned out that they did NOT deliver to that area, and our items were still in Toronto rather than Nova Scotia, and they weren't exactly where the items were. My mom was about to move into an apartment with no fridge and no stove. The reason they gave? Their call centre is in the Philippines, and they don't have a good sense of Canadian geography. Never made a major purchase from them ever again.
    Anne99 and lecale like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    71 (100%)

go to their Facebook page and eave a comment, you will get a faster result. had a issue and posted my disappointment on their fb page and it was resolved in less than 24hrs.
    Mia001, Anne99 and lecale like this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Had major issues with two portable air conditioners we bought from them. They were about $950 each when we bought them and then we bought the extended warranties on top of that.

Well our luck would have it that they both had problems - can't remember exactly but they were quite major. So they came to pick them up and refused once they saw there was about 20 stairs they had to carry them down, and left. I called furious and they sent out a new guy a few days later to come and get them. He was much nicer and took them off and ensured they would come back in better condition.

Long story short when we did EVENTUALLY (months and months later, its summer too at this point) get them back they were in worse condition then before and nothing had been fixed. Allegedly there was nothing wrong with them according to them. It looked like what they had done to them was put them on their front (like laid them down) and then dragged them behind their van on the asphault for hours. They had dents in them, weren't the same color anymore and were just scratched to heck.

Customer Service offered me a $20 gift card for all my trouble.

Never ever will I buy from Sears again. I hope they go under sooner rather then later.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup, Sears does delete bad reviews. I bought an office desk from Sears, which came in close to 400x pieces to assemble. Anyhow, I can honestly say I know how to reshingle a roof, install a dishwasher, even build a deck, but do you think the instructions for assembling this office desk made it safe to easy. Nope. It was a nightmare. My review on their sight said Sears should not be selling this desk since it's a liability hazard. It was deleted shortly after I posted it. On a side note, my vocabulary of bad words increased dramatically while assembling this desk.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have noticed in the last few years that Sears customer service did deteriorate. I used to shop there but lately I go to 'TheBay'. Sears started selling lower quality merchandise just a bit better than Target and Walmart but also with much higher prices. So far I go there when I need a brand that they will carry and the others do not, but I avoid the Sears Brands. I have the feeling that they know their stock is not at par with the name Brand. I do not blame the sales in any store, most of them are working to make few bucks but also must follow what their bosses will tell them.
    Anne99 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you think sears is bad?! the bay is even worse..... i had to pay a 20% restocking fee to return my sofa
    Anne99 likes this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Gee, I have bought certain Sears appliances over the years and have never had a problem. My washer lasted so long that I can't even remember how old it is... maybe around 20 -22 years. Never had it fixed ever. Just bought a new one last year and it is a Kenmore.
    Natalka, CrazyQT and Anne99 like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Well, I called and they were suppose to get back to me on Friday and they didn't.

In my humble opinion the Sears brand mattresses, Whole Home, Whole HomeMD, Kingsdown and Serta (just to mention the ones I know, there maybe more) have materials in them that are not good for humans.

I would think that a manufacture would care but I guess Sears doesn't. Be very careful when buying a mattress!
    Last edited by Anne99; Thu, Mar 27th, 2014 at 03:11 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Years ago, I used to have a Sears credit card. Sears stole my Sears points from me and they wouldn't return them. I made a purchase and after a few weeks when I checked my account my points were gone. I called twice and they refused to give me all of my points back.

So I cancelled my credit card.

(DON'T APPLY FOR A SEARS CREDIT CARD).
    Last edited by Anne99; Thu, Mar 27th, 2014 at 03:06 PM.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Gee, I have bought certain Sears appliances over the years and have never had a problem. My washer lasted so long that I can't even remember how old it is... maybe around 20 -22 years. Never had it fixed ever. Just bought a new one last year and it is a Kenmore.
    20-22 years ago was around when Sears still had some customer service and got a lot more business then now.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I think Sears customer base is now primarily seniors, and the next generation of seniors won't be following suit.
    Anne99, lecale, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    20-22 years ago was around when Sears still had some customer service and got a lot more business then now.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I think Sears customer base is now primarily seniors, and the next generation of seniors won't be following suit.
    Agreed PB. The Sears we all grew up knowing and trusting is NOT the Sears we deal with today. Did anyone see that awful story out of Vancouver with the senior couple who had their roof done through Sears Home Services, and 3 days after paying Sears the full amount, Sears Home Services went bankrupt and these people had a lien put on their home from the company that did the work!
    Mia001, Anne99 and lecale like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A few years back, my mom bought a recliner for my fathers Christmas gift. She paid extra for guaranteed delivery before Christmas. The chair never showed up. My father got the chair a week later. Sears is circling the drain and experiences like these are part of the reason why.
    Anne99 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post

Not offensive, it is the truth.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information