User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Recommended 2014 Trade Rates - Discussion Thread

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Expired on: Sat, Mar 29th, 2014
    After some discussion about the new recommended trade rates given the big increase in stamp prices, here are the recommended trade rates going forward - feel free to discuss and we can make adjustments before the thread goes up next week.

Many people thought that people wanted too much for coupons already so we are not increasing the value of the coupons, just aligning them with the cost of stamps

Stamps will be valued at $0.85 - no SCer who is trading is really buying them individually
    Traders may ask for an extra for additional postage if it is a stamp/GC trade but not if coupon for coupon as you will both be using additional stamps)

As always, this is a guideline for you to know if a trade is fair, actual trade rates are up to the individual and any trade should be what the two people trading are happy with, regardless of guideline

• $50 'start up coupons' not handpicked by trader - 4 stamps was 5 stamps
    • $100 'start up coupons' not handpicked by trader - 8 stamps was 10 stamps

Hand picked coupons are usually traded at $5 per stamp plus a stamp for postage

• $20 hand picked coupons - 4 stamps was 5 stamps
    • $50 hand picked coupons - 8 stamps was 10 stamps / $5 GC
    • $100 hand picked coupons - 11-15 stamps was 15-20 stamps / $10 GC

HV/FPCs are usually traded for other HV/FPCs

• $10 worth of HV coupon(s) - same in coupons / $3 GC / $20 reg coupons
    • $10 worth of FPC coupon(s) - same in coupons / $5 GC / $25 reg coupons

The 'value' of HV and FPC would be what SCers would pay for the product considering cents off coupons they would usually use and sale prices NOT max value on coupon or how expensive you can find it for to prove value.

Generally people do not trade HV/FPCs for stamps.
    Regular coupons = 10% value
    HV coupons = 25-33% value
    FPCs = 33-50% value (so a FPC for a product that is regularly on sale for $5 would be worth $1.65 - $2.50)

I have not included the PINs etc we used to have as many of them change in value according to current redemptions. The best thing to do is to look at the sale retail price of the prize, divide by number of coupons and use the FPC rate. This is lowered if they need to send in my mail etc as there is a cost to them.

You may not charge HV/FPC rates for MIR forms (form plus valid receipt is different). I am sick of hearing of people who want $2 for a MIR form. Obviously get your postage covered.

The old thread can be found here for comparison: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/257044-...-2-0-a-canada/
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Now I'm going to be having to do all sortsa math Fallen @ 20$ hand picked stamp = 5$ Check, @ 50$ hand picked stamp = roughly $6.25 Check

40$ hand picked would either be 8 stamps if you go with the 20$ value or 6.4 stamps if you go with the 50$ value.... guess that would be up to the traders involved

Glad this discussion has been started
    CouponKitten likes this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

Great to know.

I'm posted my trades like these already for time long ago

$20 hand picked coupons - 4 stamps = 4 stamps
    $30 hand picked coupons - 6 stamps = 6 stamps
    $50 hand picked coupons - 8 stamps = 8 stamps or $5 GC **
    $100 hand picked coupons - 15 = 15 stamps or $10 GC **

Thank you for this new post.
    TL & WL : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399761-...hicken-canada/

LF $4 Genie Diaper REfill, $5,$10,$15 of any Similac or a Similac Mom, $5 Glucerna,

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

leymi yes some traders already have their rates, but a couple still want the 10 stamps at the new rate too
    Insane likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Hmmmmmmm, ok, so i have a $3 Similac cheque and a $5 Ensure cheque whch i would like to trade for stamps. What should i ask for them? 1 stamp for each definitely isnt Worth it for me because it would only cover the postage and not the actual trade

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

yes, most of them still want a leg and an arm for coupons LoL....

I think this is a great post to let us know to be considerate with other members and rethink about our TL's rates.....

Thank you again for your big effort helping us.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    leymi yes some traders already have their rates, but a couple still want the 10 stamps at the new rate too
    Anna Michele and CouponKitten like this.
    TL & WL : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399761-...hicken-canada/

LF $4 Genie Diaper REfill, $5,$10,$15 of any Similac or a Similac Mom, $5 Glucerna,

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I generally trade coupons for coupons and do necessarily like to ask for or to be asked for stamps as we are both mailing at a cost of stamps
    if i have a bunch of coupons someone wants and they don't have the coupons I need or vice versa stamps are always a welcome trade as we all use them but I don't like to pay for my coupons per say

I would like to see a discussion on traditional trains keeping the weight between 30-50g and allowing the removal of one or two to bring the cost down to 50g as it is a big jump from 1.20 - 1.85
    jam packing the envie with doubles of garbage and having to pay an obscene amount for nothing out nothing in is a waste of my time and money
    mind you I won''t be riding any that do not consider this in the first place
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

bookmarking

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I don't understand this part:

FPCs = 33-50% value (so a FPC for a product that is regularly on sale for $5 would be worth $1.65 - $2.50)

Percentage of what?

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theo44 View Post
    I don't understand this part:

Percentage of what?
    I think maybe in relation to cost of stamps
    Correct me if im wrong

I tend to trade based on my needs and wants i will trade away an fpc i wont use for a few coupons i will but thats just me
    Most people will only trade fpc for fpc but if i have dog food fpc and no dog i wont necessarily demand a cat fpc ( i have a cat) unless the person interested has one

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The general "value" compared to face value of a coupon (be it stamps or GCs)
    FPCs = 33-50% value (so a FPC for a product that is regularly on sale for $5 would be worth $1.65 - $2.50 <- in stamps or GC)
    theo44 likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Hmmmmmmm, ok, so i have a $3 Similac cheque and a $5 Ensure cheque whch i would like to trade for stamps. What should i ask for them? 1 stamp for each definitely isnt Worth it for me because it would only cover the postage and not the actual trade
    33% (high end of HV - low end of FPC) would be 3 stamps
    The other person would also be using a stamp to mail you stamps so they cancel out each other

But this is exactly why most people prefer to do bigger trades, makes the postage more worthwhile. With the new stamp price I can see many refusing small trades
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    I generally trade coupons for coupons and do necessarily like to ask for or to be asked for stamps as we are both mailing at a cost of stamps
    if i have a bunch of coupons someone wants and they don't have the coupons I need or vice versa stamps are always a welcome trade as we all use them but I don't like to pay for my coupons per say
    Coupon for coupon is obviously the way to go.

People are not supposed to be making money off selling coupons (and I think allowing it has encouraged people to empty the pads).
    Stamps were originally allowed so that people who did not have coupons could get some, and the trade rating meant those who traded for the stamps could use them to get the same value from another person.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    I would like to see a discussion on traditional trains keeping the weight between 30-50g and allowing the removal of one or two to bring the cost down to 50g as it is a big jump from 1.20 - 1.85
    jam packing the envie with doubles of garbage and having to pay an obscene amount for nothing out nothing in is a waste of my time and money
    mind you I won''t be riding any that do not consider this in the first place
    Yeah I think we need to have a lot of train discussions, there are still trains going MIA, crappy coupons being added when the train is full of high trade rating members and conductors upset at the envies they get back. Trad trains have not been worth it for me for a long time.

The problem is, even if you make it a rule, it is ignored. How often have you received an envie with coupons the conductor specified not to include (like hair dye on a food only train)
    Anna Michele likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Thats the reason traditionals can be a waste but there have been times you find a great coupon or two that you never knew was out there.
    I think with the increase knowing whats coming your way is gonna be the only way to go. Even exchanges people are cutting corners these days sadly.
    Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Mon, Mar 24th, 2014 at 01:55 AM.
    Tbites, Tinkerbella and Venuila like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

UP ~bump~
    ~ ~ ~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information