User Tag List

Page 650 of 966 FirstFirst ... 150 550 600 640 648 649 650 651 652 660 700 750 ... LastLast
Results 9,736 to 9,750 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

I loved this thread but the last couple of months there seems to be more and more posts not about the deals (yes I know there's less great deals). There's also been some judgments about others choices/opinions/perspectives (mostly those on FB). To be honest I'm not loving those posts much. What people want to do with their points etc is up to them, "dealista's" or "not so much".

Once in a while a post about FB seems fine but lately I don't know whether to read the thread -- in case someone found the best deal ever ...coke, catfood, bum fluff ... or it's about the "other site" (that I deliberately avoid btw cause I find it annoying)

I love the spreadsheet, tips on deals and valuation. And all the hard work that people put in that save me time and money. Most of us are here have similar mindset - maximize savings/earnings - the good deal. Love hearing about deals. Flyers, analysis, email coupons and the Twitter Tuesdays!!! wish I read those in time.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    Well he did say he left the comments on several posts so maybe he was labelled spam.
    Nope, only resorted to that after my posts were deleted. The very first post I tried on the Safeway FB page (a couple of days ago) was a warning that the Frigidaire blender on that day's e-auction was the subject of a product recall, that it only affected a range of serial numbers, and suggesting Safeway should check to ensure the one in the auction wasn't part of the recall. Kinda makes sense they should assure potential bidders the item was safe. That post was taken down.

Tried a second post, which was a link to my spreadsheet. That one was also taken down. Tried a third time with the recall notice again. Same thing -- it disappeared shortly after I posted it. Tried a fourth time and was finally able to get my spreadsheet link to stay posted. Figured maybe they overlooked it. Not sure -- it was identical to the second attempt. Never did get the recall notice up there, so finally resorted to posting it as a comment under three different posts.
    operabob and VEGAS PILGRIM like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    Love hearing about deals. Flyers, analysis, email coupons and the Twitter Tuesdays!!! wish I read those in time.
    It's actually Twitter Mondays -- careful or you'll miss it again next week!

Look for the promo tweet at https://twitter.com/SafewayCanada.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looks like I'm ok to post on Safeway's FB page but Airmiles is still deleting my posts. Just tried again, poking fun at some of the questionable posts from "collectors" such as:

Travel faster when using your Air Miles Canada reward card

Yea, right. As if a real person would write that. So I submitted my own:

I just looove airmiles! Last year my friend Nenge Mboko and I took a flight to the African Education Conference. We had big fun at the Haile Selassie Pavilion. Boo-boo yah, boo-boo yah, boo-boo yah, hah!

Maybe they thought I was being racist, they didn't catch the reference (the movie Trading Places with Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd). Oh well, I'll just try it on you guys....
    Last edited by emax; Wed, Mar 26th, 2014 at 03:04 AM.
    operabob, VEGAS PILGRIM and 4sure5 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post
    Looks like I'm ok to post on Safeway's FB page but Airmiles is still deleting my posts. Just tried again, poking fun at some of the questionable posts from "collectors" such as:

Travel faster when using your Air Miles Canada reward card

Yea, right. As if a real person would write that. So I submitted my own:

I just looove airmiles! Last year my friend Nenge Mboko and I took a flight to the African Education Conference. We had big fun at the Haile Selassie Pavilion. Boo-boo yah, boo-boo yah, boo-boo yah, hah!

Maybe they thought I was being racist, they didn't catch the reference (the movie Trading Places with Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd). Oh well, I'll just try it on you guys....
    Looks suspicious though--not written in all caps, and not promising anyone 25$ MILLION for "help".

Also that does explain when I tried to be helpful yesterday when my posted link to your spreadsheet got deleted--they thought I was sp@mming!!

And of course, twitter is less prone to censoring, as the following will suggest:

Not to stand up for Safeway, but they did respond, as did you.

Anyhow, glad to hear you've been allowed back into the FB fold (at least part of it).
    Last edited by VEGAS PILGRIM; Wed, Mar 26th, 2014 at 08:34 AM.
    operabob likes this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

LOL - I was mostly teasing you. I knew you had resorted to comments only after they seemed to mysteriously lose your post. Something is definitely fishy.

Originally Posted by Giving-Small
    Well he did say he left the comments on several posts so maybe he was labelled spam.

Nope, only resorted to that after my posts were deleted. The very first post I tried on the Safeway FB page (a couple of days ago) was a warning that the Frigidaire blender on that day's e-auction was the subject of a product recall, that it only affected a range of serial numbers, and suggesting Safeway should check to ensure the one in the auction wasn't part of the recall. Kinda makes sense they should assure potential bidders the item was safe. That post was taken down.

Tried a second post, which was a link to my spreadsheet. That one was also taken down. Tried a third time with the recall notice again. Same thing -- it disappeared shortly after I posted it. Tried a fourth time and was finally able to get my spreadsheet link to stay posted. Figured maybe they overlooked it. Not sure -- it was identical to the second attempt. Never did get the recall notice up there, so finally resorted to posting it as a comment under three different posts.

Last edited by Giving-Small; Wed, Mar 26th, 2014 at 10:35 AM.
    operabob likes this.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today’s eAuction Group Buy is an LG G2 smartphone for 2,350 AIR MILES reward miles!

Ill pass I'm happy with my 5 year old phone and don't want to use rogers
    operabob, VEGAS PILGRIM and 4sure5 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Today’s eAuction Group Buy is an LG G2 smartphone for 2,350 AIR MILES reward miles!

Ill pass I'm happy with my 5 year old phone and don't want to use rogers
    Off by 100 points on my prediction--you should upgrade--got an iPhone 5S just before I went to Las Vegas--great phone...much better than my antique Blackberry!!

AND...THURSDAY'S Group Buy involves diamonds, always a popular choice.
    Last edited by VEGAS PILGRIM; Wed, Mar 26th, 2014 at 03:39 PM.
    operabob likes this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Bob.... do you know if all the Safeways in Victoria are closed now? I was anticipating April 1. On the radio this morning I thought I heard the announcer say that Safeway locations in Victoria were closed now to do inventory over the next few days. I checked the Safeway website for locations near me and it's only showing University Heights which makes me think the radio announcement was accurate. Crumb...I'm going to miss them
    operabob and 4sure5 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Safeway on Shelbourne is open until 6:00PM Tuesday, April 1.
    VEGAS PILGRIM, amused and 4sure5 like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just received this weeks flyer .. on the back of the insert it says:
    "Look for next week's flyer for an even easier way to save at Safeway!"
    "It all begins next week."

I assume this is the end of the Club Card.

Ron.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post

Ron.

The way the deals have been lately--an easier way to save is to go to Wal Mart.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post

Ron.
    Ya I actually participated in a survey months ago asking questions about this, so I knew the writing was on the wall. I am not sure why they are eliminating this as the data was worth money. I think they are focusing on using the airmiles card to track info instead. I guess we will find out next week.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Ya I actually participated in a survey months ago asking questions about this, so I knew the writing was on the wall. I am not sure why they are eliminating this as the data was worth money. I think they are focusing on using the airmiles card to track info instead. I guess we will find out next week.
    The customer purchase history is definitely valuable, probably why they want to consolidate into one program. With the Sobey's acquisition, and data already split between Safeway Club and Airmiles, it makes sense to rationalize everything onto one platform. What that new program will look like, I guess we wait to hear. Hopefully it will make Safeway more competitive for us consumers.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The way the deals have been lately--an easier way to save is to go to Wal Mart.
    ROTFLMAO!

They might be eliminating Club Cards to foil those of us with multiple cards!
    VEGAS PILGRIM likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Thread Information