User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Missing Malaysia Airlines

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

They are now moving the search area (again!) 1,100 km northeast of the last search area. I'm leaning toward this being a crapshoot, bit of a guessing game! I don't understand why they spent the last several days saying they saw 300 objects via satellite in the last search area, yet they were unable to retrieve any of those pieces and now they just pick up and head off to a new site. They say the shift is because they now have info that the plan was going faster than originally thought and therefore, the range of where it could be has been reduced.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RamenQueen View Post
    They are now moving the search area (again!) 1,100 km northeast of the last search area. I'm leaning toward this being a crapshoot, bit of a guessing game! I don't understand why they spent the last several days saying they saw 300 objects via satellite in the last search area, yet they were unable to retrieve any of those pieces and now they just pick up and head off to a new site. They say the shift is because they now have info that the plan was going faster than originally thought and therefore, the range of where it could be has been reduced.
    I think this is a very fluid (pardon the pun) situation; currents in that area are very strong and the debris field could be hundreds of miles long. Satellites spot a particular area and take photos, and only perhaps 2 in the same area in one day...the fact that one photo shows debris, yet the next one doesn't is just another indicator of what they're dealing with...moving water, currents that don't move in straight lines, but form eddies that churn up the water and of course, sink objects that are unfortunate enough to be drawn into them. The searchers can't ignore anything, so whenever something is spotted, they have to take it seriously and go to that area. Eventually, I feel, they'll find something, perhaps not the black box, but something...and short of finding the plane made a safe landing somewhere, at least that will bring some closure to the families and allow them to grieve. The stress on them right now must be unbelievable.....
    Insane and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    This is the radar track they had figured out for the plane before it went missing: a 41 minute flight northeast towards Beijing, another 1:10 or so west and northwest, and then...??? Apparently the plane turned south and flew for 6 or 7 hours until it ran out of gas. Insane I think the voice recorder only does the last 30 minutes. If they do find the flight data recorder though they will have data on 88 different parameters over the course of the entire flight.

Attachment 227910
    It's just a thought, but I think that something happened to the plane incapacitating the passengers, perhaps decompression, and the pilot knew he couldn't land since he'd be a victim himself. I think he deliberately turned the plane away from the very populated China and other countries in the north, pointed the plane to the south, knowing it would eventually hit the sea thereby saving hundreds, perhaps thousands of lives. I think the pilot was more hero than villain...I wish we knew...

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    It's just a thought, but I think that something happened to the plane incapacitating the passengers, perhaps decompression, and the pilot knew he couldn't land since he'd be a victim himself. I think he deliberately turned the plane away from the very populated China and other countries in the north, pointed the plane to the south, knowing it would eventually hit the sea thereby saving hundreds, perhaps thousands of lives. I think the pilot was more hero than villain...I wish we knew...
    My gut says the pilot is not behind this too. Unfortunately, unless they were still alive 2hrs before it crashed (which I think is very unlikely) then we'll never know what they were thinking. But what do I know? I truly believe that everyone is doing the best they can with the information they have.

Apparently the wreckage won't really drift far. And the weather is generally better, so they'll be able to search more. Plus it's closer to land. Satellite images are not terribly reliable either.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/28/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1
    Lynn49 and Anna Michele like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
    Insane and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

What was the Malaysian government thinking when they gave the families a sliver of hope that there will be survivors. Even if (and I mean IF) the plane landed on the water (which by all accounts is next to impossible to land intact on the ocean. The ocean is no Hudson River) AND they got into life rafts. 3 weeks at sea, they will not be alive.

And now, 3 weeks later they say the final words were different? Come on, how can you get that wrong? I feel for the families. How can they not feel the Malaysian gov is incompetent?

I wonder if they'll ever find it.
    Last edited by Insane; Mon, Mar 31st, 2014 at 03:35 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    When the malaysian gov't said the plane was "Lost" they did not mean the tv show. They have assumed since the first that the plane crashed into the water. Where has been the question.
    No doubt that plane is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean. But for them to say that the flight ended in the Indian Ocean and all lives were lost was a realistic statement. But then to say a few days later that they have not given up hope and saying "if there is even a remote chance of a survivor" is cruel. The flight ended in the Indian Ocean. I can't even fathom their grief. But giving false hope is cruel.

Apparently there will be a high level briefing for families. I think they totally need to do that. Put all their cards on the table.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Now I wonder........I just became aware of this with regards to the pilot's behavior: http://sandrarose.com/2014/03/malays...before-flight/

Did anyone see this before?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Interesting: plane (pilot?) flew "between" GPS-type ping points to avoid detection...
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/334076348...#sp=show-clips

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Now I wonder........I just became aware of this with regards to the pilot's behavior: http://sandrarose.com/2014/03/malays...before-flight/

Did anyone see this before?
    They've said they've thoroughly investigated the pilots and found no indication. I'd take it with a grain of salt personally. If it isn't reported in a major news outlet I tend to think of it as less credible.

If you were on a suicide mission there was no need to fly it around. They were over an ocean. They could have crashed it right then and there.

Unless they find the wreckage and the recorders I don't think this mystery will ever be solved.
    Natalka likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Chinese ship has detected a "ping"

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/04/05...detects-signal
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/05/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Why did it only go for a minute and a half? Wouldn't the ping be continous?

It's been reported to Beijing but Australia doesn't have much info. Although I heard a report that suggested Australia probably wasn't talking about it too much so as not to raise false hopes. There have been so many over the last month. Guess we'll know more in a few hours when the sun rises in Australia.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Australian Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston said early Sunday that the agency cannot verify any connection between the signals and Malaysian Airlines Flight 370.

"I have been advised that a series of sounds have been detected by a Chinese ship in the search area. The characteristics reported are consistent with the aircraft black box," Houston said

"However, there is no confirmation at this stage that the signals and the objects are related to the missing aircraft," Houston said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/malaysi...ials-1.2599494
    Insane likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Insane likes this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information