User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: **UPDATED** Sears customer service sucks! (Sears owes me $850)

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Agreed PB. The Sears we all grew up knowing and trusting is NOT the Sears we deal with today. Did anyone see that awful story out of Vancouver with the senior couple who had their roof done through Sears Home Services, and 3 days after paying Sears the full amount, Sears Home Services went bankrupt and these people had a lien put on their home from the company that did the work!
    Oh my gosh, no! I never heard about that, thats horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Not offensive, it is the truth.
    Its the internet - you never know what could be taken as offensive
    Anne99 likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Oh my gosh, no! I never heard about that, thats horrible!

Here is the link from The National who ran the story. It is there under the date of March 17th, titles Sears Home Bankrupcy Dilemma

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/BC/ID/2442446146/

I just hated the 2 ads that you cannot skip past but I LOVED how adorable her hubby was that Sears has made his wife cry!! What a man! ( sniff, sniff )
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Mar 18th, 2014 at 02:48 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had sofas delivered from Sears Home a few months ago. They were WHITE sofas and the delivery guys had dirty hands. They didn't bother to wash their hands. Instead they put their dirty hands all over my sofas and then said "yeah just use some baby wipes". I don't have a baby or baby wipes. I hate getting things delivered because the delivery guys are always in a hurry and really don't give a damn. The delivery guys don't work for Sears, they work for a company contracted by Sears. I did have a rip in one of my chairs and Sears swiftly replaced it though, so I guess there is good and bad about the company.
    Anne99 likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    I had sofas delivered from Sears Home a few months ago. They were WHITE sofas and the delivery guys had dirty hands. They didn't bother to wash their hands. Instead they put their dirty hands all over my sofas and then said "yeah just use some baby wipes". I don't have a baby or baby wipes. I hate getting things delivered because the delivery guys are always in a hurry and really don't give a damn. The delivery guys don't work for Sears, they work for a company contracted by Sears. I did have a rip in one of my chairs and Sears swiftly replaced it though, so I guess there is good and bad about the company.
    It is Sears responsibility to make sure that their delivery people, even if they are outsourced, are going to do a good job.

You wouldn't want a bunch of ex-cons in your house looking at your stuff deciding if they should come back and steal from you!

People who would put their dirty hands on your stuff are criminals or will be soon.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I noticed Yelp.ca has more reviews about Sears.

Check out the Sears in your neighborhood.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

When I have a problem with anyone, I write a good old fashioned letter and mail copies to all the higher ups!!
    Anne99 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

agreed, Sears has changed along the years... hearing their ''call services'' are outside Canada doesn't surprise me, they often have a big foreign accent
    Last edited by Mia001; Thu, Mar 27th, 2014 at 05:34 PM.
    Anne99 likes this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Sears is either positioning themselves for a takeover by getting rid of their customers and providing a fire sale price for the company or the company is being run by a bunch of crack heads or they are a bunch of racists who don't like customers with ethnic names.
    Last edited by Anne99; Fri, Mar 28th, 2014 at 04:38 PM.

Don't wait for the storm to pass but enjoy dancing in the rain.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The man who has the most leverage is the shareholder with 51% of stock. If he doesn't like what the board of directors is doing, he can ask for changes. Directors>tell management what to do>staff have to implement changes. Number rule 1 for business is to make a profit. That would explain why the sell-off of key major mall leases went like wildfire despite the fact the stores are leaving important markets-guess the stores were past their expiry dates and money is money.
    Calvin, the previous CEO-usually is a board member in a corporation too, was making some overdue freshening changes to mall stores and got that Look Report out into mailboxes and papers--he must have left because he was not given enough time/resources to complete what was started last year. So he left for another job with another store chain.
    Anne99 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Every time I get anything delivered, I always worry about who the delivery guys are. I mean, what can you do about it though? You have to let them in the house right? I don't like when companies outsource their delivery services. I wonder what kind of standards they use when hiring these guys. I mean I have had super skinny men show up to drop off a bed set and barely make it up the stairs ! It's insane. I have only had one delivery guy who was extra careful. Anyone can be a criminal though...
    Ciel and Anne99 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Their sales are declining and they are closing a number of their stores slowly.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    Every time I get anything delivered, I always worry about who the delivery guys are. I mean, what can you do about it though? You have to let them in the house right? I don't like when companies outsource their delivery services. I wonder what kind of standards they use when hiring these guys. I mean I have had super skinny men show up to drop off a bed set and barely make it up the stairs ! It's insane. I have only had one delivery guy who was extra careful. Anyone can be a criminal though...
    I guess the only thing you can really do is make sure someone is home with you at the time of delivery.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I think if the delivery people knew they couldn't get away with it, they would stop.

Sears should know, this isn't how you run a company. If they cared about being in business they would of implemented something by now. Sears has been around for decades they obviously don't care about their own company. Why should anyone else.

Don't wait for the storm to pass but enjoy dancing in the rain.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I actually saw a Sears Home Services truck with two people in my area last week. I'm assuming they had an appliance service call or home repair. Thought those trucks were extinct.

If Sears could get ordered furniture dropped off at their closest Home store for customers to load from a shipping dock (that assumes you have a truck and some strong arms available to do the climbing/loading/strapping), then that avoids the presence of delivery persons whose status you are not sure of.

If catalogue order staff can ask me to go with my vehicle (did not have one) to the shipping dock to get a toaster oven, surely that applies to catalogue furniture orders?
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, May 5th, 2014 at 11:01 AM.
    Anne99 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to buy everything clothing and appliances at Sears but now, the service is almost non existent and their shipping charges to the store suck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information