User Tag List

Page 1178 of 2550 FirstFirst ... 178 678 1078 1128 1168 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1188 1228 1278 1678 2178 ... LastLast
Results 17,656 to 17,670 of 38250
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

^^ that is not good dear. So sorry to hear!! hope you're feeling well soon
    I wasn't in the mood for much cooking so just had leftover wings...and made my own garlic fingers. I had garlic naan bread so I put it in the oven on the lowest rack (high heat) and browned the bottom, then took it out and sprinkled with Kraft Shredded Italiano Cheese and put it under the broiler and cooked for a few minutes until the cheese was brown and bubbly, then cut into fingers..lol..it was really good
    Natalka, ROMEO, harbie and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yucky Angela. I'm sending speedy recovery vibes your way!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I've been eating mr noodle for lunch and grilled cheese for dinner the last two nights. Yesterday I was prepping a crockpot of stew for my week long work stretch where I will be at work during both lunch and dinner. By the time I did all the prep work I was too lazy to cook meals. I also finally got around to making my birthday cheesecake so did that last night as well instead of cooking actual food. Today I spent the majority of my time moving things into my new antique dresser that I bought and brought home today. So I didn't get lunch until around 2:30 and was too lazy again to actually cook proper food.
    harbie and Crochetlady like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post

note to self: never buy sole again!! taste horrible and bad texture for frying

stick with what you know, like tilapia, salmon and trout
    I hear ya. I bought frozen sole at Costco last year, DS would not eat it. Salmon, he's all over that!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I got food poisoning from the chef salad that I ate this morning at Husky. I'm attempting fluids and a few soda crackers. Don't know what else I can manage right now. Extra sucky because I was studying for the university exam that I am writing tomorrow afternoon. I was already having issues with my leg and a nasty migraine before these symptoms started.

Dh is making M&C with ham for the rest of the family.
    So sorry to hear that, Angela - what have they determined caused it?

The one time I had food poisoning it was absolutely horrid - it was from bad canned mushrooms put into a gravy which was served with roast beef (not at a restaurant, at a university residence). We were all SO sick, and it was just awful to be in communal bathrooms at a time like that - sorry, TMI for a food thread!
    Just wanted you to know I do realize how awful it is; it took me at least two days before I could eat again.
    Stay hydrated though - ginger ale will be your best friend!

Tonight for supper, we had M&M Meats Oriental Party Pak, and I made noodles to go with the meal.
    I was amazed there were leftovers of the Pak, then realized the only times we have had this was when our son was here, not just the two of us - so I'll get a few lunches out of what's left.
    ROMEO, harbie, Crochetlady and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Made Basa again late Sat night, the family cannot get enough of these fillets. Also did 2 large cookie sheets filled with green and red peppers, zucchini and whole tomatoes drizzled with EVOO and Sea salt. ( I was so stingy with that sprinkle trying to keep it off most everything I make.) We used dinner as a way to " clean out the fridge " eating up bits of this and that leftovers, sometimes they make the tastiest meals.
    Natalka, ROMEO, harbie and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The last two nights I made the most delicious broccoli and cheddar soup. Used velveeta and those black diamond tubs of cheese spread.

Also used a tip I found online and instead of making it a totally cream soup, make the roux, add a little milk and get it thickened, and then add homemade chicken stock and just a bit more milk (for one large serving). Add cheese and let simmer, then add steamed chopped broccoli and allow to simmer a while longer.

Then I top it with matchstick block cheddar cheese and bacon bits. Yum yum!
    ROMEO, harbie, Crochetlady and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

This evening was shrimp fried rice..I brought back from NFLD several bags of tiny, shelled, cooked baby shrimp--they are so sweet!! I made the rice with chopped onions, garlic , celery, carrot, frozen peas and threw in a few leftover asparagus tips, mushrooms and the shrimp!! Really good.
    Last edited by KelJo; Mon, Mar 31st, 2014 at 09:25 PM.
    Natalka, ROMEO, harbie and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Dh and I did a little shopping across the line today and after stopping at the in laws for Harley to run around chasing the ducks (he was playing with them) we grabbed Indian take out from a place that was recommended to us. It was DELISH!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh cut up the steak and cooked it in a little concoction with chopped fresh mushrooms, mashed garlic potatoes, artisan bread (free from Sobeys), olive oil with balsamic vinegar dip, and a glass of milk. First real meal in over a day.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Didn`t feel like a real meal so I had peanut butter with an apple
    Natalka, ROMEO, harbie and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Our son came over, so I made a big chicken dinner - and I literally mean 'big chicken' - almost a roaster, really nice, got a bunch from Sobey's last week. Love when there are leftovers! So I roasted the chicken with lots of garlic and onions, separately roasted potatoes and carrots, also had coleslaw and the stuffing from the chicken.

I had accidentally turned the oven off once when I was checking the chicken and turning the potatoes, so supper was going to be later than planned - so we had leftover homemade tomato noodle soup I had made yesterday as a starter.
    ROMEO, harbie, Crochetlady and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Roasting up 2 heads of sliced cauliflower, steaming 2 of broccoli and one cabbage. Have the quinoa all made yesterday, now what to do for a meat?? Oh yes, I will do poached salmon portions to go with. Done and done.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Winner winner chicken dinner leftovers!
    ROMEO, harbie and KelJo like this.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

+16 here this evening!! BBQ'd some chops (I really need to use up some of my Sweet Baby Ray stash..lol) had leftover rice from yesterday and a few+ onion rings..
    ROMEO, harbie, Angela273 and 1 others like this.

Thread Information