User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: couponing has its up and downs....ggrrr

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

+1 after our Dove soap fiasco we generally don't buy more than 4 of anything when we are brand flexible (I could take or leave Dove bodywash. I could use Ivory/Bath and Bodyworks/ organic stuff too). But there's just some things where I do not budge to a different brand name (I only use Colgate Total, or Degree deodorant, for example). So I bought nearly 10 toothpastes last year when I got them for free with coupons. Down to the last two now. Important to judge how long it takes you to use up a product.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    I usually never stock pile more than 4-5 months of stuff ..things remain within the expiry date & don't get spoiled or outdated.

Also some other sale or couponing opportunity almost always comes up within these 4-5 months in case my stockpile gets depleted and I can replenish them.

It looks like no other sale or couponing opportunity is going to come up again , but if you just have some patience it almost always comes up ..bcoz 4-5 months is a long time.

Some things like Deos , Toothpaste etc with longer expiry dates ..I might stockpile more of

But yeah I have noticed some items which are stockpiled and used after 4-5 months are not the same as using them in the first month ..even though they are well within the expiry date ..so I don't really stockpile a lot , just for the sake of it.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Apr 29th, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
    coupon girl likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -yep and that is why I cut down on my stockpiling -only 2 of us now
    -my royale toilet paper is fluffy(has little pieces f paper disinigrating on it)so now I only keep toilet paper on hand
    -my shower gel seems thicker-so I will use up the 16 bottles then only buy some if it is free like the mens axe(but my hubby likes to use my dove anyway
    -only keep a few mens deodorant on hand as they shrink(old spice did)

so I hear you
    my Royale is like that but it is NEW. It's not from being around too long. What in the hell have they done to it?!
    Ciel, coupon girl and momgoneawol like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I guess all of this is something you learn the hard way. Unless we are talking razors or TP etc, i typically don't have more than four of anything on hand. I always find similar products for cheap when i am close to running out of whatever it is. Unless I made money on something, but even at that point I start giving it to family.

Even if you only spent 50 cents on something that was $5, if you did that x10, and all 10 products spoiled just sitting around then you wasted $5.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

its a question of space too and having too much clutter around which drives me crazy. re downy I always water down fabric softener especially with the condensed version as I find it doesn't filter through the load properly otherwise. I've noticed the fluffy bits on Royale tp too and it was new pkg. so don't think it is expiry issue.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Gillette probably has nothing to do with Stockpiling. I don't buy Gillette shaving cream anymore because that happened to us few times even when we just bought it. Couple of years ago, Gillette was at Costo. Don't know if the guy was a rep or what but he had a little booth in Costco and was giving small bottles of Gillette as sample and was trying to sell the pack of 4 regular size and I complained that I won't buy Gillette because it rarely comes out of the can properly. You keep pressing and very little gets out if any and he said yes they have had problems with that and lot of people complain about it but now they have fixed it and should be ok and he gave us couple of samples. Well, it was no better when we tried it at home, same problem still existed on one of the cans but the other one was fine. So no more Gillette for us any more.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

So true.

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I guess all of this is something you learn the hard way. Unless we are talking razors or TP etc, i typically don't have more than four of anything on hand. I always find similar products for cheap when i am close to running out of whatever it is. Unless I made money on something, but even at that point I start giving it to family.

Even if you only spent 50 cents on something that was $5, if you did that x10, and all 10 products spoiled just sitting around then you wasted $5.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I find my aerosol air freshner cans ..like glade etc ..the ones you spray in the air ( room freshners )..lot of liquid is left behind..like maybe a quarter of it after I finish spraying them.

Lot of it is wasted and no matter how hard I try, the stuff ( liquid) left behind just doesn't spray

Name:  free3.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  26.3 KB
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I seemed to have noticed in late March that original Palmolive dish detergent sold in jugs at Costco must have had a change in formulation or there is an issue. The product usually moves slowly like a thick cooking oil when decanting from the jug to a smaller bottle. But I noticed that the detergent moves fast, almost like a watery liquid, from a nearly empty jug. When the new jug came in, I checked the liquid-still runny. So if the product has not been thinned by the manufacturer, then someone is watering down the jugs. I actually told a family member not to add water to the dish soap when the kitchen bottle was almost empty-I was told that no water was added.

its not just Costco - I have the same problem with one I bought at Walmart. It is not thick anymore - and I use more of it on my dishes than before because it does seem "watered" down.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm tempted to buy a bottle of Palmolive at Shoppers or Fortino's to see how runny their contents are. Or Dollarama.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Don't do Dollarama dish soap. At work for a while we had a bottle of dish soap from Honest Ed's (similar to Dollarama).

It was truly awful. Smelled funny and had to use half a bottle to really clean anything. Wash afraid of eating on the dishes afterward lol. I don't stray from Palmolive, Dawn or Sunlight
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I'm tempted to buy a bottle of Palmolive at Shoppers or Fortino's to see how runny their contents are. Or Dollarama.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I have found that downy gets thick if its been exposed to the cold, I donated most of my stockpile last year and only buy what I need as I go now
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information