User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Weird experience with Coach Wallet and store security systems Walmart Home outfitter

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

My 4 year old kept setting off the sensor at Walmart too. We pretty much narrowed it down to when she was wearing her MEC snowsuit. One of my other kids has the same snowsuit but never had a problem. Hubby got fed up one day and walked over the customer service and picked her up and set her down on the scanner. She "beeped" (that deactivate beep). Never happened again. Was quite the sight to see my 4 year old "scanned". LOL
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i m using a coach purse that I brought from the outlet last year, didn't set off any alarms yet...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My winter coat had a hidden tag sewn under the label and was invisible to the eye. Took a while to find it but they did at Walmart. Kind of weird because it was a cheap coat too
    MillieH likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

My husband bought me a wallet last year but it was too small for everyday use so I decided to turn it into my "US wallet" (so that I don't have to bring all my stuff, just the essentials).

Anyway, I used the wallet for about a week here with no issues. Went to the US the next week and it set off alarms in the first 3 stores. I was so embarrassed. The one store de-sensored it for me and I didn't have a problem after that.

Very weird experience though! lol. As other have suggested I'd ask if a store can just de-sensor it for you. Good luck

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    MillieH likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I did find a tiny security strip in the wallet.. lordie.. I had gone to home outfitters and I noticed it went off when I was leaving.. it must have been reactivated in that store. I contacted Coach and they told me where to find it..
    thank goodness that nonsense is over for you Millie.
    MillieH likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Check your coach wallet for those little security strips. Check all the card pockets and every corner carefully! I had my Coach wallet nearly two years before it started setting off alarms. I found a security strip in one of the card pockets tucked down in the bottom that must have become re-activated somehow. I thought I had removed them all and even had cards in that slot but it was still down there in the bottom and I missed it until like you it drove me crazy. Once I realized it was my wallet I took everything out of it to try and figure out what was causing it to make the alarms go off and that was when I found the strip after carefully searching every square inch!
    MillieH likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Never mind just read that you found the sensor! LOL! Coach hides them extremely well I guess.
    MillieH likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i had a tag that was the same colour as my coach bag end up at the bottom of my bag....
    MillieH likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had this happen to me once with a pair of jeans that I bought at WM. They had not beeped when I bought them, but when I wore them in the next day - beep, beep, beep, beep. It was a situation where I had to go in & out several times & I got stopped every time, by the same person & I WORKED THERE. Later I worked as a greeter & found that there were several reasons why items from others stores would set off the sensors. Many times, customers would do as you did & take the time to empty their purses to find the quilty item, problem solved. Other times, I was cursed at & told that I was personally accusing them of theft. Oh well, move on with that. Sometimes there is just no answer, or an item must be scanned several times to stop the beeping. I always felt that was part of my job, customer service, but WM feels the bottom line is more important. ONLY YOU THE CUSTOMER CAN TELL THEM WHAT YOU REALLY WANT!
    MillieH likes this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I had it happen with a Coach purse I had bought online from the US. I finally asked a cashier at Walmart to de-magnetize it using their system.
    MillieH likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very strange then hmmm one time a sensor went off, it was some DVDs loaned from the local library...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information