User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you read the SC blog?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I enjoy most of the blog posts. The deals are useful to me

38 54.29%
  • No I don't read them anymore. They are not useful to me.

32 45.71%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: Smartcanucks blog: Do you read it or should it change?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I don't want to knock the work of the people who post on the blog, because it is so hard to keep a blog interesting. But recently, information overload about non-deals bury the posts about good ones. Examples:

Judging by the way these posts are written, I'm guessing these are sponsored. At least they imply that. And I noticed that if you leave comments on it with suggestions, you get a nasty response or your comment gets deleted. That doesn't encourage community, does it?

I read a couple of posts buried in some rant threads where people have noticed the same stuff I've noticed. It is a shame that we as users are ignoring the blog when someone is obviously working to pump out content like there is no tomorrow. Blog posters: Less is more. We don't need to know about every 15% off sale on denture cream.

There's a poll attached here so you can share what you think. Also, please leave comments on this thread so we can discuss! I think we all want this site to be the best it can be
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Spring Shoes
    Last edited by torontogal12; Wed, May 14th, 2014 at 10:55 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I voted NO because for the most part no I don't read the blog, I don't scroll threw the endless posts as there is too many but that is just me. If there is something in the top slot when I log on related to something that I use i.e. Pampers codes, Huggies codes, Flyers posted then ya I will read it!

For myself when I log on I go to specific sections and that is it! Reason being, I don't shop online because I don't own a credit card and never will, therefore any deal posted related to purchasing items off of the internet are useless to me

I thank the people that post these as it takes up their valuable time, but just being honest

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I like the blog posts, for me its kind of a quick summary of what everyone is talking about in all the different sections. Some of the posts I do find frustrating when I go to get a deal and the stock is all gone (usually walmart blog posts) but I was able to get some really cheap sneakers from DC shoes last month because of a blog post. So I will keep reading these and just skip over the posts that seem random or not applicable to me. Thank you to the blog posters for their hard work!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I do usually read it although I am not on facebook so quite a few are irrelevant to me for that reason.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I used to read the blog but found most of the posts weren't things that I considered a deal. I personally don't think 70% off a $400 suitcase a great deal. Some people might but I personally don't.

Also I've found some of the posts kind of pointless - ie, there's a specific deal BUT only if you got the email. If I got the email, I'd know about the deal and therefore wouldn't need the blog post. Again, that's just how I see it.

There seems to be a huge amount of blog posts - everything from dog coats to designer over range hoods. It's hard to filter all the super specific deals to ones that the majority of people would use. This is just my humble opinion. I'd rather just see the absolute best deals that the majority of people would use on the blog. Any specific deals could be put on the site.

I know all the bloggers are doing a great job writing so I'm not trying to discredit their work. I just don't read the blog anymore because it's not what I need/looking for.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I actually really enjoy the blog. It is always the first thing
    I look at! Thank you to all who post on the blog.
    couponlady, ROMEO, CrazyQT and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I enjoy the blog posts as well. There are MANY that I don't use but I do find some great deals that I wouldn't have known about if they weren't blogged.
    couponlady, ROMEO, CrazyQT and 4 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I do read the blog post every times. Like Maggiepice it is the first thing I look at. Like others mention also I did get some deals and if I haven't look I would have mist it. Thank you for all of the blogger that takes the time to do it......................
    couponlady, ROMEO, Nomerr and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I read the blog and enjoy it. It has changed to more random deal postings, but having said that the site needs to keep quite a large base of people happy. Do I care about pampers points...nope..am I annoyed it is there...nope.I have enjoyed so many savings from the posts. Two beautiful Roxy backpacks for 21.00 and free shipping..yes please. My point is someone out there is interested in every post, it is just relevant to the individuals needs. I doesn't take too much of an effort to scroll!! Kudos to the deal finders and posters.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Wed, May 14th, 2014 at 01:11 PM.
    couponlady, Poirot, ticul and 4 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I read maybe once or twice a week, thats only if the first item catches my eye.
    then i hit forum posts.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Hudson's Bay,Sears,Well.ca etc etc are all the posts with affiliate links. Deal or not they generate income to Smartcanucks, so that's why they are there on the blog.

I really appreciate all the bloggers taking time to post on the blog each and every deal,coupon,contest and offer available out there. Not everyone can use all the deals posted on the blog, but may be there are some who are interested in the ones that we are not interested

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I haven't checked out the blog in months. I found that it was no longer relevant.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Blog pops up when I load SC. If something catches my eye I read through, if not I just go to my inbox, flyers etc whatever I do daily.

I`m not voting because sometimes I do, sometimes I don`t.
    ROMEO, sweetmomma and ticul like this.

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

OK, I feel kinda silly lol.

At first I was thinking "Blog? What blog?"

Once I clicked back and then into the blog, I saw that I had been there before, but not in quite sometime. I don't find it useful for me right now. We don't drive and trips to the malls/dept stores are either completely on the fly (hey, I have to run to the mall, wanna come?) or super planned out that makes the blog a moot point for me.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I didn't know what to vote, I do read the blog however it's only skimming as there's rarely any deals relevant to me on there as of late.

The only thing that bothers me about it is when I find a contest or a deal in a blog post but come to the forums and it isn't posted anywhere.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information