User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you read the SC blog?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I enjoy most of the blog posts. The deals are useful to me

38 54.29%
  • No I don't read them anymore. They are not useful to me.

32 45.71%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: Smartcanucks blog: Do you read it or should it change?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I do read the blog on occasion but it's got to the point where is just annoying me with the copied right off the website descriptions, inaccurate posts(almost every time I check out some deal that's been posted on the blog, the blog post has wrong information) and that every post now reads like a sponsored post.
    I think the blog itself is fine but the people that are posting them should take a little more care to verify that what's being posted is accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, GeorgiaK, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

i like the blog posts... my fav are the facebook freebies/contests, sample reminders.. however, i only go as far as pg 1 on the blog, if i don't find anything i'm interested in on that page, then i just move onto the forum. If something is irrelevant to me, i just skip past it, no big deal.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I toggle back and forth between forums, top, blog, depending upon my mood and what I am looking for. Sometimes you don't know what you are looking for, and there it is! I was given a gift card to a childrens retailer, and was able to combine it with free shipping, and a %30-40 online discount. If I hadn't read the blog, I wouldn't have known this. I was originally planning to use my gift card in the store, but I was able to save money on gas. Thank you. Thumbs up for me! Go Blog.
    ticul, thriftygranny and momi like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'll scroll through the first two pages of blog-usually that is where Chapters codes/events come up. I have noticed some blog deals also get posted in the forum SOMETIMES. Blog is good for flash sales/one-day offers. We have a forum for the longer-term deals/discount code offers.
    I read the blog and sometimes find out about specials/offers I did not know about>potential impulse shopping push.

Occasionally, I'll click on a link in the right menu beside the blog and get carted to hot deals or whatever it is called. A clever title can hook me.
    ticul, Anna Michele and momi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

No

pots and pans & suitcases, enough said

Also very Ontariocentric so many of the stores are not here in Quebec.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like the blog posts as I've gotten some good deals that I would otherwise have missed. I figure some things that might not spark an interest in me might be of value to someone else. If it is of no interest to me I just scroll past it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I do read the Blog especially when the new flyers are posted and find the links useful in this instance. Some things that are posted I am unaware of as they're not in my area. To each their own though I just find what I need there and move on to the next section.
    ticul and Anna Michele like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

And another thing, while I am all for bringing on new people Anne and Fallenpixels were doing just fine. I think between the 2 of them they know pretty much all the deals.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I read the blog every day before venturing to the forums.

Some of the stuff isn't interesting or relevant to me, but for the most part I really like the blog. It's a good highlight of some of the good deals found in the forum. The sponsored stuff I might just scroll past if not relevant to me. I don't mind if something reads like an ad because TBH I don't read it anyway, unless I'm already interested.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I read the first few posts on the blog each time I visit, but I'm frustrated by the number of deals that really aren't great deals at all, like the kids' swimsuits for 40% off at The Children's Place right now. Silly. It's nothing more than a sale price! Now, if they had a bunch of items like that for $0.99 or $2.99, that would be a deal worth posting. A lot of times, people post things they find on clearance on Walmart.ca, thinking they've found a deal, and it's only a few dollars off! We need the really seasoned bargain hunters as posters about their areas of focus!
    Nomerr, DianneS, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ONLY read the blog and rants sections. I miss the old format which featured mostly freebies and an occasional opinion piece (LOVED those). I find that I'll only scroll to the bottom of page one and not bother going further (takes too long to load). Unfortunately that first page seems to be clogged with more "sales" than freebies. However, I do love this site, it's the only freebie site I visit.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I read the blog first before I enter the forums. I've spent a few hundred dollars on deals that appeared in the blog. I enjoy that fact that someone takes the time to scope out all the deals and post them in one generalized blog so I don't have to sift through the forums trying to find the latest deals.

Kudos to the people that keep the blogs updated several times a day. I appreciate your effort and have saved a ton because of them. Keep it up.
    couponlady, ticul, MillieH and 2 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I check the blog first and then forum and deals.
    ticul and Anna Michele like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

TBH..I havent read the Blog since about 2 weeks after I joined..guess I should read it before I comment any further.
    ticul, Anna Michele and momi like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So eastern deals, does not apply, also online offers not apply to me does not use credit family usually gets it if big purchases and IDC!
    ticul likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information