User Tag List

Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    sniperc151
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am a huge airmiles user, and fan, but I would never use this toolbar in a million years... You agree they can essentially control your computer/internet, hmm they have your information and they have your computer...

From the agreement...

8. Merchant based automated click events
    While navigating the internet with the Software in an authenticated, "logged in," state, the Software may on certain occasions perform click events on the your behalf for the benefit of both you and the website publisher.

In other words the people on the other side of the toolbar have the permission to go to whatever website they want to on your behalf, potentially when your logged into your online banking,

From the privacy policy:

"We collect the domain name and e-mail address (where possible) of visitors to our Web page"
    "used by us to contact consumers for marketing purposes." (users info)
    "from time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice." (AKA they can do whatever they want with it)

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

A lot of toolbars have similar terms - try not to use any of them
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I was having computer probs before i installed the toolbar, found out it was because 1 riskware was the mysearch points thing, and the rest was 45,000 temp files that windows did not remove.

so if your having problems, run your antivirus/spam software, do a cleanup, defrag and checkdisk.

the toolbar is not causing me anyprobs and i use Fserve so if it had anything attached to it that it shouldn't have, my always on antivirus program would have detected it (as it did with the mywebsearch thing).

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i finally broke down and installed this. and since i did my puter been VERY slow. anyone having this trouble. not only the internet but EVERYHING about the computer has slowed down a lot. if it keeps up then i am gonna have to uninstall this cause it to frustraing to use this puter when its this slow. so if anyone else is finding this then please let me know. tks.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SusieS View Post
    It resets every month. So you have to do 300 searches every month.
    I am just hoping that it doesn't remember the 300 things I searched for this month. It's going to be hard to come up with 300 new things to search for every month... Well I guess I will find out in less than a week!

Trading Score
    361 (100%)

I started using this, but it takes 50 searches to get just 5 AM, so it's not worth it! I think that I'll take it off.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

a good place to find searchable words is the "points and prizes" thread
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/15632-p...eknows-canada/

i toggle between this thread and an open search browser and just copy and paste

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

That is seriously intruisive. I would never put a toolbar on a computer I use for banking. Here we have 3 computers so I was considering using it on one of the other computers but reading that makes me not want to do even that. Making clicks for you and taking you to places you didn't ask. I hate pop-ups and that is even worse. I can only imagine what kind of imformation they could mine with software like that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I definitely don't think it would be worth it. Thanks for the heads up!

Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Why not remove it after you did all the search for the month?

My man did all 300 searches for me in a day so I clicked on View and unchecked the Air Miles Toolbars. The toolbar doesn't load until you check it again next month.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

You can easily get the monthly airmiles in a couple of hours and then don't use the toolbar. It's the internet age and there are ways of tracking what sites you view, what information you enter thats why there are security precautions in place for website like online banking. Like I said in a previous thread, I have the toolbar installed on my firefox, which I don't use on my mac, so I use that one for the airmiles purpose.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ya I would never install something like that. The way the word is basically there saying they can sell your info to third parties.

Hmmn wonder if that means telemarketers.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Just downloaded it. Let's see how I do.
    Thanks

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This search bar is doo-doo, it is , Ive cranked out like 15 airmiles, but this thing is seriously not worth it, slow and blows, cant wait to toss this crapper. Google, AOL and Yahoo searches log your IP on searches and compiles databases on you the government could ask for at a later date. Use Ixquick or Infospace IMO..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, I've earned my miles, but now I'm going to remove it....it's made everything so slow, I just can't keep it on there.

Too bad...but worth it if you're patient.

Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information