User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Personalized offers from Shoppers

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't receive personalized offers from Shoppers Drug Mart and on the suggestion of some members here I called them. I was told (for the second time) that it depends on spending and that not everyone gets them and that some people will get them one week but not another. So I guess the over $400 I've spent in the last 2 months at Shoppers isn't enough to be getting personalized offers. I suppose this is a first world problem and I feel realy whingy but it's annoying nonetheless. My mom has been receiving personalized offers every week for months and because she has the personalized offers of bonus points or dollars off, she buys the products for me so at least someone gets the points. I suppose I will just continue to use her personalized offers and buy the other stuff using mine and just not get offers.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    ROMEO and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I wonder if it's the amount of points you have that also contribute to personalized offers. I haven't spent a lot of money at shoppers for like 3 months, but I still get good email offers because I have tons of points that I haven't been able to use up yet?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

trishka I do not blame you for being miffed by this. The amount you have spent sure seems reasonable enough to me, wonder what amount they expect you to spend befroe they send you offers to save. Seems a bit backwards to me??
    ROMEO, torontogal12, momi and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I wonder if it's the amount of points you have that also contribute to personalized offers. I haven't spent a lot of money at shoppers for like 3 months, but I still get good email offers because I have tons of points that I haven't been able to use up yet?
    Never thought about points, but my mom and I have roughly the same.
    ROMEO and momi like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    trishka I do not blame you for being miffed by this. The amount you have spent sure seems reasonable enough to me, wonder what amount they expect you to spend befroe they send you offers to save. Seems a bit backwards to me??
    I understand having to purchase stuff, but yeah, I spend a lot there that I could spend other places and for cheaper but I buy at Shoppers for the points. I also don't have purchase amounts that add up to the $50 or $75 that are usually required for bonus points. I tend to make lots of smaller purchases, so a coupon with like 1,000 bonus points with a $10 purchase would be nice (that is the coupon my mom often gets).
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In order to gauge the effects of the coupons, they need to have some customers who don't get them. For example, do you spend more or less than someone with a similar shopping profile who does get coupons?

Get yourself another card, for another member of your household (real or imaginary). Maybe that person will get coupons.
    momi, trishka and TooCouponCrazy like this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    I don't receive personalized offers from Shoppers Drug Mart and on the suggestion of some members here I called them. I was told (for the second time) that it depends on spending and that not everyone gets them and that some people will get them one week but not another. So I guess the over $400 I've spent in the last 2 months at Shoppers isn't enough to be getting personalized offers. I suppose this is a first world problem and I feel realy whingy but it's annoying nonetheless. My mom has been receiving personalized offers every week for months and because she has the personalized offers of bonus points or dollars off, she buys the products for me so at least someone gets the points. I suppose I will just continue to use her personalized offers and buy the other stuff using mine and just not get offers.
    Just buy a lot less for a couple of months on your card they might be desperate to win you back by sending you personal offers.
    matrix82, momi, trishka and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    I understand having to purchase stuff, but yeah, I spend a lot there that I could spend other places and for cheaper but I buy at Shoppers for the points. I also don't have purchase amounts that add up to the $50 or $75 that are usually required for bonus points. I tend to make lots of smaller purchases, so a coupon with like 1,000 bonus points with a $10 purchase would be nice (that is the coupon my mom often gets).
    Don't buy for points just buy for cheap price.
    coupon girl, luckbealady and momi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just wanted to chime in..
    After I used a personalized coupon for 30,000 points back when redeeming 95,000, I haven't received any personal offers since. It's been about 1 1/2 months. Before this I was getting them every week. I haven't done a redemption since before the start of personalized offers.
    momi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

From a business perspective, I think they're more about getting people to come in then rewarding people who are already spending a lot in their stores. I used to shop there a lot to earn points, but I don't bother with it anymore. They send me lots of offers. I use them once in awhile - usually just money off coupons for things I really need. They've even sent me emails asking me to click on the offers so they know I'm still alive and won't take me off of their list. I think maybe you need to lay low for awhile and see if they start sending them to you.
    matrix82, Poirot, momi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I even don't spend too much money at shoppers,May be in six months I have Spent maximum $150 to $200,
    mostly I redeem points and I participate in the promos only if the sale is very good and on top of that I can use coupons,buying stuff on higher price at Sdm and then collect points or get promo IMHO is not wise decision,
    i don't spend that much money but still get offers regularly,
    we all get offers regularly,me my DH and DS.
    if they will not send me special offers or coupons,I will not even bother to shop at Sdm,
    I will just spend all my points in few trips and that's all.
    and I think renegado is right,you should register for new card,
    my sister just register for her card 6 months back in December,and after 3 weeks she start getting offers and she regularly get email offers from shoppers.
    Anna Michele and trishka like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can share points by transferring your mother's points to your account if that is the main issue. Have every adult in your household signed up for SDM optimum card. I have noticed some differences between the genders and age categories. I don't always get personalized coupons but I update every month and even look around SDM website. Not everything gets personalized coupons and I know this because I buy them every month for years and no offers. I mixed it up a bit and bought a different brand (couldn't pass up the deals) and got offers on that odd purchase. Also try different flavours, colours, sizes etc.
    Last edited by sirandrewr; Thu, May 29th, 2014 at 03:25 AM.
    trishka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't shop there very often and very rarely get good coupons from them.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Just buy a lot less for a couple of months on your card they might be desperate to win you back by sending you personal offers.
    I've pretty much already started that, as I use my mom's card (she also gets a senior's discount so sometimes I can save a bit more).

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Think they must have heard me whinging. I got my first personal offers. Will be using pretty much all of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information