User Tag List

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree878Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum FAQ and Q&A

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi, I have a silly question, but I haven't redeemed my points before and I'm finally at the maximum. Is there anything you have to do in order to redeem your points? I mean, when I go to cash out with all my stuff do I need to tell the cashier in advance that I'm using my points? Sorry if it seems silly but I haven't seen anything about how to redeem the points....thank you
    Swagbucks is the best way to get free stuff for surfing the web.... please use my referral link
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/boyzmom33

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nope, just get what you'd like and let them ring everything through (including any coupons you are using - you can use coupons when redeeming), and then after they scan your Optimum card, let them know that you'd like to redeem your points.

Things to remember:
    1. You do not get any points on the portion of transaction that you redeem for - UNLESS they are product bonus points (for example get 2000BP WUB any CG lipstick - NOT get 2000BP WUS $10 on CG lipstick)

Update to point 1 (your experience may vary):
    Quote Originally Posted by momi View Post
    1) for point 1)
    yes you do get the points,in both cases.....IMHO
    I had a coupon spend $20 on food and snack and get 4000 points,
    I did spend $33.54 in total before taxes( including $20 on food and snack),then I redeem $30 but still got
    4000 points.
    2. Your total AFTER coupons must be at or above the redemption level - you can be less, but you lose out (for example, if you are redeeming for $200 this weekend, but your total is only $190 after all your coupons/discounts, you'll still be redeeming the full amount of points - you do not get any points back, and you've just lost out on $10).

3. You CANNOT redeem towards taxes - they are charged on the full amount of your transaction, and you will be responsible for paying it, even if your total is less than your redemption amount (so if you have $201 in taxable merchandise, you'll have to pay $26.13 at 13% HST - if you have $190 in taxable merchandise, you'll still have to pay $24.70 OOP)

4. If you are NOT redeeming for the full 95,000 points, watch the cashier carefully to make sure they are redeeming the correct amount (there have been cases of SCers who only wanted to redeem for a smaller amount - say 50,000 points - and the cashiers have accidentally redeemed for a full 95,000). It's a lot of hassle if they mess it up.

5. You CAN use personalized $$ coupons (money off or set price) - however whether or not you can use BP coupons for products is going to be completely dependent on your store/cashier.
    Last edited by luckbealady; Sun, Jun 1st, 2014 at 11:19 PM.
    dahliagrower, BC Gal and momi like this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yadayada View Post
    I haven't redeemed the maximum amount of points in years. Is the upcoming $200 off for 95 000 points on Apr 12/13 the best offer or will they still have a mega bonus redemption for $210/$220 later this year that I should hold out for?
    They do one in July where it's slightly more $ and less points. I can't remember what it's called. But during the last mega redemption at christmas time people calculated it and it was a better deal.
    yadayada likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks luckbealady..........I think, after reading everything here, I might wait until June now and see if there's a better bonus redemption too
    luckbealady likes this.
    Swagbucks is the best way to get free stuff for surfing the web.... please use my referral link
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/boyzmom33

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

[QUOTE=luckbealady;5916994]

Things to remember:
    1. You do not get any points on the portion of transaction that you redeem for - UNLESS they are product bonus points (for example get 2000BP WUB any CG lipstick - NOT get 2000BP WUS $10 on CG lipstick)

Do 20x (item-specific, from the flyer) points still qualify? I assume yes because they're still technically product bonus points, but just want to make sure. Thanks
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

No, you won't get 20x points either.
    This is because you are removing the base points when you redeem. 20 x 0 is still 0. However, if you are still paying a portion AFTER your redemption, you may get it (I'm not sure on that point).
    sun_shine likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey I am sorry if this has been asked before I feel bad asking a question for my first post. I did have a look around the site but can anyone tell me the difference between a gift card and an electronic gift card I mean I know the literal difference but I have 2x SDM coupons one says gift cards are not eligible and the other says electronic gift cards are not eligible and I am a bit confused
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by katfanton View Post
    Hey I am sorry if this has been asked before I feel bad asking a question for my first post. I did have a look around the site but can anyone tell me the difference between a gift card and an electronic gift card I mean I know the literal difference but I have 2x SDM coupons one says gift cards are not eligible and the other says electronic gift cards are not eligible and I am a bit confused
    Gift cards are ineligible for promotions. They often call their $10 coupons from promos as gift cards but they have an expiry date. If the coupon is for 20x the points or something like that, you can't buy a gift card and get points.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by katfanton View Post
    BC Gal posted in another thread that the coupon that says electronic gift card does work on SDM gcs, just not any others.

Update: Another poster and I tried it for GC - other poster was denied, manager went ahead and used mine without question. In the future I won't use it again, as when I called 1-800-SHOPPERs and asked if I could use it on SDM gc I got a response of "It just can't be used on electronic gift cards".
    Last edited by luckbealady; Sat, May 31st, 2014 at 07:59 PM.
    Insane and dahliagrower like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

For new Optimum members, can you sign up for online offers before using the card? Or do you need to use the card first to activate the online account?

My dad wants to try out the program and handed in the form. He hasn't used the card yet and has only stopped in for prescriptions so far.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    For new Optimum members, can you sign up for online offers before using the card? Or do you need to use the card first to activate the online account?

My dad wants to try out the program and handed in the form. He hasn't used the card yet and has only stopped in for prescriptions so far.
    I believe it can take a month once you handed it in for it to be activated in the system. Meaning he can use it, but it won't have his info or email registered yet. I think you can call and get it done right away though.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Nope, just get what you'd like and let them ring everything through (including any coupons you are using - you can use coupons when redeeming), and then after they scan your Optimum card, let them know that you'd like to redeem your points.

Things to remember:

2. Your total AFTER coupons must be at or above the redemption level - you can be less, but you lose out (for example, if you are redeeming for $200 this weekend, but your total is only $190 after all your coupons/discounts, you'll still be redeeming the full amount of points - you do not get any points back, and you've just lost out on $10).

3. You CANNOT redeem towards taxes - they are charged on the full amount of your transaction, and you will be responsible for paying it, even if your total is less than your redemption amount (so if you have $201 in taxable merchandise, you'll have to pay $26.13 at 13% HST - if you have $190 in taxable merchandise, you'll still have to pay $24.70 OOP)

4. If you are NOT redeeming for the full 95,000 points, watch the cashier carefully to make sure they are redeeming the correct amount (there have been cases of SCers who only wanted to redeem for a smaller amount - say 50,000 points - and the cashiers have accidentally redeemed for a full 95,000). It's a lot of hassle if they mess it up.

5. You CAN use personalized $$ coupons (money off or set price) - however whether or not you can use BP coupons for products is going to be completely dependent on your store/cashier.
    1) for point 1)
    I did spend $33.54 in total before taxes( including $20 on food and snack),then I redeem $30 but still got
    4000 points.
    Last edited by momi; Sun, Jun 1st, 2014 at 10:14 PM.
    ROMEO and luckbealady like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momi View Post
    1) for point 1)
    4000 points.
    Good to know - I'll go back and update that post.
    ROMEO and momi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Good to know - I'll go back and update that post.
    Even I did not know this before,
    today unconsciously along with all personalized coupons there was also 4000 points coupon and it did work.
    ROMEO likes this.

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information