User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: No more human decency

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Today I held the door open for a guy in my building. He says nothing.

Then I noticed there was this new construction so I was trying to be careful around the scaffolding. He pushes me out of his way. When I say "you're welcome" for holding the door for him he told me to F*** off. Then he declares that I am having a bad day and I don't need to take it out on him? Then he kept yelling at me as he walked away

This kind of stuff happens to me at least once a week. Does this happen to you too? I can't count how many times someone has yelled at me because I've tried to do something nice

This kind of rudeness spreads as others spread this disrespect to others.How do we stop this cycle of disrespect from spreading?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Jun 12th, 2014 at 10:27 AM.
    aussie, GoJays, SFARAZ and 6 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh yes, it is unfortunate and always leaves me with a that confused look on my face. What is wrong with people eh? The older I get the clearer it is that a large proportion of people are entitled idiots.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So sorry you are encountering this over and over.

I've been trying to think, and I just never have - maybe just lucky when I've been nice...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yeah I get rude stares or terse arrogant replies from people when you ask a simple question.

mostly in banks or retail stores or even public transit booths , I just tend to ignore them , as they are strangers and mean nothing to me

fortunately all my friends and family are nice to me, and that's all I care about
    Ciel, nash0109, ticul and 8 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

good way to look at it! I've also noticed that when you ask just a simple question!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Yeah I get rude stares or terse arrogant replies from people when you ask a simple question.

mostly in banks or retail stores or even public transit booths , I just tend to ignore them , as they are strangers and mean nothing to me

fortunately all my friends and family are nice to me, and that's all I care about
    Ciel, ticul, Candini and 4 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    good way to look at it! I've also noticed that when you ask just a simple question!
    Yeah, they act as if they are doing you a favour by doing their job, a job for which they are getting paid !..and thats to serve you.
    Ciel, SFARAZ, 2shopmom and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Today I held the door open for a guy in my building. He says nothing.

Then I noticed there was this new construction so I was trying to be careful around the scaffolding. He pushes me out of his way. When I say "you're welcome" for holding the door for him he told me to F*** off. Then he declares that I am having a bad day and I don't need to take it out on him? Then he kept yelling at me as he walked away

This kind of stuff happens to me at least once a week. Does this happen to you too? I can't count how many times someone has yelled at me because I've tried to do something nice

This kind of rudeness spreads as others spread this disrespect to others.How do we stop this cycle of disrespect from spreading?
    He may have an anger issue, personality disorder or mental health disorder.

Happened to me outside Target. They have The huge area for people to cross the parking lot, outlined with white paint and the big STOP signs. A lady parked in the STOP zone to go to Star Bucks. Everybody going both ways had to squeeze through the STOP area.

When she came out with her two coffees, I said that it was hard to drive here with her car in the no parking zone. She swore at me in an angry tone. I went around to her driver side, far away from her car and said loudly, “ I hope the rest of your day goes well. Bless you for such flowery language early on a a Sunday morning.
    She said, “Bless you too, Dear"
    aussie, ROMEO, Ciel and 10 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

lol!!

I actually think this guy was just an arrogant d-bag who thinks everyone should make way for him. He had a fancy business suit on. There's a lot of people with the "I'm better than you" attitude in this building. I rarely get a "hello" back from people and have actually seen neighbours push the "close elevator button" when they see someone coming. We're calling a real estate agent soon

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    He may have an anger issue, personality disorder or mental health disorder.

Happened to me outside Target. They have The huge area for people to cross the parking lot, outlined with white paint and the big STOP signs. A lady parked in the STOP zone to go to Star Bucks. Everybody going both ways had to squeeze through the STOP area.

When she came out with her two coffees, I said that it was hard to drive here with her car in the no parking zone. She swore at me in an angry tone. I went around to her driver side, far away from her car and said loudly, “ I hope the rest of your day goes well. Bless you for such flowery language early on a a Sunday morning.
    She said, “Bless you too, Dear"
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Jun 12th, 2014 at 02:09 PM.
    ROMEO, Ciel, GoJays and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

I am so sorry that has happened. Unfortunately we live in a society that is disconnected and self absorbed. Not everyone, but a lot of people .
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

wow,,,there was no reason for him to be such a douche!
    ive been pretty lucky dealing with peolpe....the worst ones are usually in walmart on a saterday with thier kids, no clue what sharing an aisle means.
    then there are the old miserable ones that just think its too much effort to SMILE or say thanks.

i always say thank you if someone holds the door open & Smile.
    ROMEO, Ciel, GoJays and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

lol!!

I actually think this guy was just an arrogant d-bag who thinks everyone should make way for him. He had a fancy business suit on. There's a lot of people with the "I'm better than you" attitude
    completely agree
    Last edited by momi; Thu, Jun 12th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.
    ROMEO, Ciel, ticul and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is the day and age that "the love of many will wax cold"..........
    ROMEO, Ciel, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Don't you just love our city?

Try not to take it personally.
    You did something good and that person couldn't appreciate it. His loss and problem.
    Hopefully you won't get discouraged and will continue to do all the nice things you do!

To be honest, I hold the door/help people because it makes me feel good. I don't really care what they think, if they like it or not.
    Most of the time I don't expect my acts to be acknowledged and if they say "thanks", then I reply with a "you're welcome".
    lol, I'm usually in a rush anyways.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 7 others like this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

When this happens I tend to feel sad for them. I don't know what's going on in their life for them to act in such a way. Who knows, maybe they just found out devastating news or are mentally unstable or are just completely self-absorbed. Whatever the case, people like that make me thankful for having a good life with a good family and friends and being able to vent appropriately and keep on smiling and being polite - even if others aren't to me.

Sorry you had to deal with him (and others) but don't let it affect you.
    ROMEO, Ciel, dahliagrower and 7 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

You'll never understand what makes some people this rude. There are just a lot of inconsiderate, self-important, rude people ..... However there are many, many lovely, kind and gracious people too! Don't let their bad behaviour change your good behaviour. Some people just have no G-R-A-T-I-T-U-D-E .... you just have to believe in karma sometimes
    ROMEO, CrazyQT, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information