• 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 5 Post By super807
  • 1 Post By TooCouponCrazy

Thread: help

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG. We just found out that you have racoons living in our attic. They are breaking our roof and we don't know what to do. Do you know how to get rid of them or know any good professional conpanies?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would try an exterminator. They may place traps and release them back in the wild. Not sure where you live but Poulin's is a good company. If not, find out a reputable exterminator in you're district or they may refer you to someone who deals with raccoons.
    Last edited by toban; Sun, Jun 15th, 2014 at 05:26 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I feel your pain OP.
    I agree with toban.
    When it's all over, may need to block off all entrance points into the home since they may want to come back.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Call the professional...ask questions and get a few quotes. I had pigeons problem and have to call them to installed pigeon spikes...that took care of it once and for all.

PS. I think they also gurantee their work for 1 year or something. Better take care of it right away then having to deal with the mess / roof damage later.
    Last edited by Decaf; Sun, Jun 15th, 2014 at 07:42 PM.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The animal control/human society people might be able to direct you to a good company? Good luck,that is awful
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

See if you can find a strobe light/disco ball on the double. Someone here on SC suggested using it as the light will drive the racoons out of the attic. Worth trying out the low-cost option while getting quotes for repairs.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I agree, call and exterminator (hopefully one that can successfully relocate them deep into the woods somewhere)
    torontogal12 likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Who you call will depend on what you want to see happen to the raccoons. Some companies will trap and kill them. Other companies will trap and relocate them. All companies should help you find the entry points into your home and then get those openings sealed off. Ask questions when you call, to know what service they actually offer.

We have had birds in our roof and had to call someone in to get them out and seal opening. No problem with birds since then.

We also had a squirrel with babies a couple of years ago. The neighbour (we are in a townhouse) found the opening and sealed it up while the mother was out. She came back, crazed. I could see that she was a lactating female was was really agitated. Neighbour wouldn't re-open the hole, which was on his part of the roof. The babies were inisde, in corner by my bedroom. I don't know how she did it, but the mother got back in. We were able to open up soffit and get the mother and babies out, then close it up again. We haven't had squirrels since.

Am only sharing this because of time of year. There are a lot of mothers with babies right now. If you try to do it yourself and you have a mom with babies, it might go in a direction that you don't want.

Good luck.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would definitely call a professional and let them deal with it. Best of luck.
    torontogal12 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sincethe raccoons broke our roof, there is a hole, and our roof is kind of old too,so we are thinking of getting the roof redone. We brought in some roofingcompanies for estimation and they looked at our property, and they said all wehave to do is just the roof done and the raccoons will move out when they arebanging on the roof, and no need to call pest control. What do you think? Wouldthey move out if we have people banging the roof?
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Freestuffrighthere View Post
    Sincethe raccoons broke our roof, there is a hole, and our roof is kind of old too,so we are thinking of getting the roof redone. We brought in some roofingcompanies for estimation and they looked at our property, and they said all wehave to do is just the roof done and the raccoons will move out when they arebanging on the roof, and no need to call pest control. What do you think? Wouldthey move out if we have people banging the roof?
    Might as well killing two birds with one stone...but someone still need to remove the nest material and disinfect the area.
    Last edited by Decaf; Sun, Jun 22nd, 2014 at 09:32 PM.

Thread Information