User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: No more human decency

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sometimes it is needed to point out the obvious oversight to the other person and your willingness to engage a stranger if the answer is not what you expect.
    Much depends on how well your day is going at that time to direct if you call him out, say something sarcastic or just huff under your breath. Been there, done that. Small kindnesses make the world go round.
    And hopefully Mr. Rude walks into a really clean plate glass door when karma knocks his way.
    Andit, ROMEO, ticul and 3 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would feel sorry for him and hope that I am never so miserable that I act that badly.
    Andit, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What a jerk! Yes this happens a lot unfortunately. You'd think he would want to be nicer since you're in the same building but some people are just useless. My tactic is to say in a nice voice "why would you do that?" I find that sometimes it brings them down to earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

people in general are jerks. kinda sucks, but at least your not dodging bombs just to get in your door. or coming in from a long day in the sweatshop to the jerk. its all about perspective.
    Andit, ROMEO, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My special needs daughter and I were walking out of SDM and there was a slight step in the doorframe. So it took her a few extra seconds to get over of it as she has depth perception issues. This lady comes up behind her and hip checks her in to the door. When I comment " You could of waited 30 secs " she gives me a dirty look and hurries in to her car which is parked in a handicap spot with no placard. Urgh people like this drive me nuts. She has been tried to be run over by cars and shopping carts when out. Why cant people just wait 30 secs for her. And when we are out in a more open area , walk around her ?
    Andit, ROMEO, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When things like this happen to me, I try to have empathy for the other person. They obviously lack the mental capacity to be considersate, so why get my self all in a bunch? Spread the good.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks everyone. You're all giving me a great perspective on this (which is why I posted!)

@bmaven I am going to try "why did you do that?" Maybe they'll actually switch on their brains and realize how careless they've been.

@MommyMelanie2007 I am so sorry this happens to your DD. I noticed this too when I injured my feet really badly a few years ago and was limping and walking very slow. People refused to wait even a fraction of a second. I was in a revolving door once and once lady behind me pushed it really hard and the door hit me because I slow inside. I asked her why she pushed so hard and she said "becuase you were too slow." So because someone is slower,it gives you the right to hurt them?

I hope things improve for her. It's the reason why I always call people out on stuff like this. Maybe if they think about what they're doing they won't hurt someone in the process
    Andit, ROMEO, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Sorry to ear this happen to you. You can not take it personnaly. I am like Bmavin, I always say"Wy are you doing this" or "Wy are you so rude" I think that make's them think (hope so). Thank you for sharing with us and hope that all of the comments will help you. Like others have mention "dont stop being nice" because God knows we need good people in this world and you are one of them...........................

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh I a sorry that happened to you as well. Unfortunately it does happen often. I am forever helping and it does hurt me as well when they do not acknowledge but I do not do it for the acknowledgement. I am so programmed to be polite sometimes I'll say thank you when I don't even need to, so why shouldn't that just be a natural instinct to all of us. And bargain_hunter_Lola mentioned as well when DH tries to do something nice and is not acknowledged I pull out the must be having a bad day, got bad news...but when it happens to me, stright to the heart..cannot help but take it personaly. I think we take it personaly because it is a personal decision to help and the least a douche-bag can say is thank you...

And moving, you might not get along with some of your neighbours..there is always something..we will just come on here and support one another and continue helping others. We appreciate you being a kind and lovely a giving person and the world is a better place because of people like you and us helpers.
    Andit, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can handle anyone being rude to me...I just brush it off and move on. But when someone is rude to my children I usually can't keep my mouth shut and will say something. I am sorry things like that happen to your daughter. Some people just can't stop and see what is really important in life and are unable to "put themselves in other people's shoes"
    Quote Originally Posted by MommyMelanie2007 View Post
    My special needs daughter and I were walking out of SDM and there was a slight step in the doorframe. So it took her a few extra seconds to get over of it as she has depth perception issues. This lady comes up behind her and hip checks her in to the door. When I comment " You could of waited 30 secs " she gives me a dirty look and hurries in to her car which is parked in a handicap spot with no placard. Urgh people like this drive me nuts. She has been tried to be run over by cars and shopping carts when out. Why cant people just wait 30 secs for her. And when we are out in a more open area , walk around her ?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

:o) WHAAAAT, ......what! How can people be so RUDE!!! That's insane. I wonder who #@$% in his cornflakes that morning. We're not all morning people, but when someone does something nice for you, you smile and say thank you. I'm truly sorry that happened to you.
    Andit, Ciel and torontogal12 like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm from the 70s and 80s-manners kind of came mostly from female relatives and neighbours and schools still relied on families to keep their kids mannerly. The younger cousins after me in the "next generation" have had lots of spoiling and manners seem to be a laughable concept amongst them and peers. From limp handshakes, hardly any basic conversation beyond a hello, not keeping in touch beyond birthdays or other gifting occasions and then the pranks they observed the older male relations getting away to playing pranks on other relations--some of this poor social manner conduct has been sanctioned by relatives and friends!

I'll thank someone for holding the door open for me. I'll even hold the door open for a courier employee bringing in parcels into a business or office building.
    Andit, GoJays, SFARAZ and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Went through a phase about 8 yrs ago when it seemed like every idiot parent in the world was in my neck of the woods. I would take Lily dog for a quick walk around the block and have toddlers run across the street to "play" - that consisted of the little ones poking at her, grabbing her ears/tail, hitting her over the head with their toys, climbing on her, etc. Meanwhile, their parents were oblivious - too busy sipping their lattes and yapping with other adults, until they noticed me trying to separate their darlings from my pup, when I`d get an earful about touching their child. Of course, I would also have to deal with adults walking past and grabbing at her. Sigh. Thankfully, Lily thought the rough play was the best game in town.

As for opening doors and being generally pleasant, I haven`t had too many problems downtown, especially in my neighbourhood (the Distillery District, for those who know Toronto). If anything, it often takes me 3 hours to go downstairs to get my mail, cause I keep running into nice folks who ask after me or Quincy cat or Lily dog.

Then again, I'm the crazy lady who takes a cat outside on a leash.
    ROMEO, Ciel, GoJays and 2 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Andit, your cat likes to take a turn outdoors! Good for her and you! I'd love to have my own cool cat to walk one day.
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Andit, your cat likes to take a turn outdoors! Good for her and you! I'd love to have my own cool cat to walk one day.
    It's the best way to get to know your neighbours....although, the folks around here look at me funny when I'm at the bus stop without the entourage. I can see the wheels turning in their heads as they try to figure out how they know me, which is when I mention that I'm the human being walked by the crazy lab mix who refuses to grow up or the black and white cat who likes to beat up the neighbour dogs.
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information