User Tag List

Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree3307Likes

Thread: Saving for summer fun - June 2014 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

oh Lizzie my 2 boys are total opposites, youngest is easy going and never asks for anything, older son is very picky and going through some changes/stages - going to have a chat with him tonight, thinking might implement doing his own laundry starting next week so that he can realize it's not magic and he has 10 pairs of those short socks plus other socks but he seems to think that there are left and right socks (which I don't believe) and says I have 2 left socks (lol) so that is the problem, anyways need to rush and get them off the line as it's getting very cloudy here. Youngest son will fix himself something to eat without complaining, older son will do that too but after ing and complaining for 1 hour that he doesn't like was is made. Love them to pieces but they drive me bonkers at times.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hear you J and C-perhaps if you remove the audience-i.e. go for a relaxing hot bath or a walk or wear headphones the whining about meals might stop-lol. I am going to reinstate my daughter doing her own laundry once the student leaves in 10 days-it didn't seem fair to do it for the student and not my daughter although she had been doing hers for awhile. That should hopefully put an end to wearing things for 5 minutes and tossing them in the wash because it is easier than putting them away. Of course then you have the fun of enforcing the frugal rule of waiting until you have a full load to wash-when she wants to do a load I just ask her to add some of our stuff too.

I know we do love them to death but sometimes they drive us batty( and I am sure they feel the same way about us!)-of course before we know it they will be gone and we will be wishing for the good old days when they were little! Ha

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I hear you J and C-perhaps if you remove the audience-i.e. go for a relaxing hot bath or a walk or wear headphones the whining about meals might stop-lol. I am going to reinstate my daughter doing her own laundry once the student leaves in 10 days-it didn't seem fair to do it for the student and not my daughter although she had been doing hers for awhile. That should hopefully put an end to wearing things for 5 minutes and tossing them in the wash because it is easier than putting them away. Of course then you have the fun of enforcing the frugal rule of waiting until you have a full load to wash-when she wants to do a load I just ask her to add some of our stuff too.

I know we do love them to death but sometimes they drive us batty( and I am sure they feel the same way about us!)-of course before we know it they will be gone and we will be wishing for the good old days when they were little! Ha
    You hit the nail on the head Lizzie.

Mum power rules and before we know it there kids will be driving us nuts also but then again we can send them home . It's just hard to take at times, they are to put their clothes away but don't and well things end up back in the wash and I know they haven't worn them so I refold and put back in the pile (lol) they must think we don't notice. And I rarely use the dryer like maybe once a month if that so the laundry gets hung outside or inside depending on the weather and season but good grief it never stops.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Once dh gets out of the shower he will call FIL for a lift in to pick up the truck and I'm feeling super lazy and don't feel like cooking, I think I'm going to cave and get a pre-cooked chicken at the grocery store....sigh...still have a bit left from my last grocery budget so it would be covered but then I feel so guilty but to be completely honest I don't want to listen to the b*tching and complaining again tonight, the life of a mother. If only we could turn back time and change some of the things we wish we made our kids do or eat (oh well in my next life maybe).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeah my boys have it to easy. So I will cook something tonight and if they don't like it they can have the left over burgers from Saturday! lol (was hoping for one or two left for my highschoolers lunch tomorrow lol) It is just pouring rain here. So happy I put sons sheets to dry in garage and not leave outside. Mrs Sunshine- My diningroom is still spotless! I love it! We can sit and have dinner and not worry about moving stuff lol. I will probably do the socks (sorting and making matches) at the table tonight but will be good to tidy when I'm done.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

sold all items I posted today on facebook group, hopefully I don't get skunked (lol) ended up getting Independent Grocers Chicken tender meal 10 tenders and potato wedges for $10.00 very cheap considering the tenders were massive

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes and whatever happened to sending them to their rooms for whining? Or maybe they are bigger than us now and we are afraid to-lol.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Tue, Jun 17th, 2014 at 07:30 PM.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

im learning not to leave dh alone and napping. last time i did he made jam.
    this time i left him with my little tablet and a game. he boosted my score by $30 mil. its a family thing.. LOL
    anyway then he went nuts and cleaned out our baking cupboard and cleaned the main level. i love it seeing as its mostly their stuff anyway everywhere.
    plus he made this most outstanding chicken. mouth watering finger licking.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Nice Mrs Sunshine. Nothing more sexy then a man that can cook. We are super lucky girls!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oldest had already made pizzas. So I made tacos for the little one. ( meat was in freezer cooked and ready). And I just made a grill cheese. Going to surf net for a few mins then prep breakfast and lunches for tomorrow then clean kitchen and get at my list for tonight.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

dinner today was fajitas with leftover chicken from yesterdays dinner and frozen ground beef that was in the freezer
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ya got that right Frugalbigmama!
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tornado has apparently touched down in a town 15 minutes from me and a few blocks from my sisters house. The sky still looks ominous. I remember the Barrie tornado in 1985 like it was yesterday, so days like this are a bit unsettling. Hope everyone stays safe.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

just watched the news cdngal. wow. intense storms everywhere. thankfully we've only had some VERY intense winds all day. would have appreciated a little rain.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is clean. Now off to gather the laundry and get it ready to put on at 7

Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information