• 2 Post By Mia001
  • 2 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 2 Post By lilo0003
  • 3 Post By greeny
  • 1 Post By Chantel

Thread: Panasonic Countertop Inverter Microwave

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The last two microwaves I have had have been GE low end countertops. They were reasonable quality. I have just purchased a Panasonic NN-ST652W, a 1200 watt inverter. My first impressions are that it is a quality machine,,smooth, quiet, powerful, and I like the inverter technology. BUT, and it's a big but, it is not possible to see what power,level it is cooking at once it is running. The only way to be sure what,power level it is running at is to cancel the programme and start again. Customer service at Panasonic have verified this. Nor is it possible to change the power level while it is cooking. Again you have to cancel the whole programme and start again. My GEs did this in a snap.

Imagine buying a radio and, after starting to use it, find there is no way to know what station it is tuned into, that you have to turn it off, turn it back on again and re-tune it. Who at Panasonic dreamed up the acceptability of such a basic absence? Is this just the model I happened to buy? I doubt it. Panasonic microwave owners, does your countertop model do this? Do you find this acceptable, or is it just me?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have a Panasonic Inverter microwave and am completely happy with it.
    Mia001 and ROMEO like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i had a Genious (Panasonic microwave-converter) for many year and when it died i got the new model , i would say it's grand son

and i love the new one as much as i loved the old one.... this is pretty much the only oven i use for cooking ....i think you just have to give it a chance to prove it's covenience, good luck
    ROMEO and GoJays like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had the inverter microwave for just over two years when it quit. I got fault codes that, on looking into it, repair would be more expensive than buying new. So, I junked it and bought an identical one. I love the model but it seems unreliable. I still hate that lack of adjustment and display mentioned earlier.
    lilo0003 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Yikes, just two years. I have a kenmore over the range microwave that is 21 years old, yes 21. Still going strong, but we are about to do a kitchen renovation and I am replacing it, scary to think whatever comes next won't last but that is the way of the world now.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Panasonic inverter microwave works fine. The problem is when someone was using the microwave our internet would cut out. I researched the problem. The door on our microwave is heavy and after using it a few years has loosened. It leaks...um...whatever microwaves leak into the atmosphere, which causes our internet to cut out. This is not safe. I just use the microwave for decoration now as I realized microwaves just aren't that great to use in the first place...just my opinion.
    ROMEO, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Buddyboy546 View Post
    I had the inverter microwave for just over two years when it quit. I got fault codes that, on looking into it, repair would be more expensive than buying new. So, I junked it and bought an identical one. I love the model but it seems unreliable. I still hate that lack of adjustment and display mentioned earlier.
    This happened to ours too, and we threw it out as well. I was not impressed. There is a newer model that came with the house my parents bought so we'll see how long that one lasts, but I won't be buying another one new.

I did like how fast it heated compared to our old crappy Danby one (when it worked), though, I have to give it that.
    Davetherave likes this.

Thread Information