User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deals4me

Thread: Uptown Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

So there has been some semi confirmed rumours that nationwide pming has been discontinued.

Any updated info most appreciated.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    So there has been some semi confirmed rumours that nationwide pming has been discontinued.

Any updated info most appreciated.
    I was just coming to post about this, I was at Uptown yesterday to do some price-matching and was told it is no longer happening apparently they stopped it last week??? which I did not know about and when I asked the CSM person why she told me it was a mistake and should never have happened in the first place, I'm like what the heck! apparently they are all glad its over, ill bet they are but I am definitely not! this is so disappointing for me and im sure it will be for many others as well, this was the only place we could do this and now they are stopping it - knew it was too good to last....
    4sure5 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Lol. A mistake?

A mistake is when you accidentally do something without intending to. This was a corporate decision that didn't go as well as expected
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize that you couldn't PM at Walmart anymore.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    Lol. A mistake?

A mistake is when you accidentally do something without intending to. This was a corporate decision that didn't go as well as expected

it's like stacking at walmart.. it was a try and a nope that won't work.. and was scrapped (stacking lasted all of 2 weeks)

i have a feeling it just didn't go as planned.. people who came in bought only price matched stuff at lower prices below cost.. it slowed down staff (walmart prides itself on how quick they can process people) then there are those who tried to screw the system.. using flyers from random places, using USA flyers, using expired flyers, clearing stock out (500 bottles of sweet baby rays price matched then coupons to get overage)

Henley you can still people local flyers.. but they have to be local not cross canada
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    it's like stacking at walmart.. it was a try and a nope that won't work.. and was scrapped (stacking lasted all of 2 weeks)

i have a feeling it just didn't go as planned.. people who came in bought only price matched stuff at lower prices below cost.. it slowed down staff (walmart prides itself on how quick they can process people) then there are those who tried to screw the system.. using flyers from random places, using USA flyers, using expired flyers, clearing stock out (500 bottles of sweet baby rays price matched then coupons to get overage)

Henley you can still people local flyers.. but they have to be local not cross canada
    Just curious about this, maybe someone can clarify? would WalMart PM an IGA flyer since they are in BC but not in Victoria?(not that I am aware of anyway) has anyone tried this?
    Thanks!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

with what i've been reading is walmart uptown will only pm ACTUAL FLYERS not from the phone and only local (as in local local victoria, view royal esq, maybe as far as superstore)

langford walmart will PM local and island flyers (from a electronic device) from stores on the island but nothing from the mainland

and walmart in general is in the process of scrapping the whole PMing canada wide program, they've had too many issues too much abuse big memo went out to all stores and it's slowly trickling down

So unfortunately there is no IGA stores on the island you will not be able to price match them at uptown or langford locations
    Last edited by Midnightly; Fri, Jul 18th, 2014 at 04:09 AM.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information