User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Ontarian moving to Regina

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Just wanted to say hi. I am living in Hamilton and today hubby just got a job at the U of Regina post doc and teaching. Moving in September. Looking forward to a new adventure
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Congratulations to your family. Just let me know if there is any info you are looking for and I will try to help you out. Dh and I are both UofS grads, so we are not as familiar with the UofR.
    Natalka likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

thanks I am still in shock but I researched health care, drivers license and now seeing what is the bad areas of Regina.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey, that's great! I'm from Saskatoon, about 2 1/2 hours north of Regina. Like Angela, I got my degrees from the U of S.

Regina is great! It's a very friendly city.

I have a BIL who lives there, he's a priest. As well, a nephew and his family - he works at the Science Centre, and sometimes lectures at the university.

We haven't been there for a while, so I'm not very familiar with the parts of the city for housing - just the 'bad areas' we hear about on the news.

Health care is great and you'll discover vehicle insurance is way lower than ON.

Wishing you all the best!
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Jul 2nd, 2014 at 11:40 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, and.... bring all the green you have!

scbpooh likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

noooo we are Ti Cats fans lol
    Natalka and CrazyQT like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, that's funny - don't tell anyone when you get there, lol!

Hm... well, we did whip some kitty butt last game, though!

I don't know if it's like this in Hamilton, but if you go into any restaurant (especially) or some offices on game day, or the last work day before - everyone is in green and white clothes, there are decorations up, etc.

The last trip we went to Regina, we stopped at a restaurant for supper and couldn't figure out what was up - felt really out of place, til we realized what was going on!
    scbpooh likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I lived in Regina for 10 years. You will want to get a house in the south end of the the city or in the north west. You will really like Regina if you are from Hamilton, it is a lot smaller, but there is a similar friendly vibe to the city. I actually just finished taking some courses from McMaster haha! Regina has so much to do, RCMP training barracks to visit, great science center, wascana park is awesome, fringe festival, Mosaic festival, lots and lots of artsy stuff going on in the city. Circle Theater is awesome.There are also a lot of great mom and pop restaurants. Make sure to go to the Italian Star deli for their famous sandwich, Afghany Cuisine, Salem Ethiopian Restaurant. !3th ave coffee house is outstanding, Eat Healthy Foods, also sets up a summer service on 13th ave, it is SO TASTEY!! Pretty much all of 13th ave is great, the Cathedral Area in general is truly fantastic. There is a large Greek community and every year in November their church has an AMAZING Greek bake sale, they take orders and it goes on for a few days, DO NOT MISS THAT!! Oh but Natalka is right, people in sask are truly CRAZY for football. Do not let on that you are not a Riders fan. Don't worry though, we will win you over, and soon you will be one My family and I LOVED Regina and were very sad to leave. It is such an under rated and fabulous city. As they say, "Regina, the city that rhythms with fun!" Hahahah.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

What is the best internet/tv bundle? Here we have Bell Fibe everything and I don't think Regina has that. We are in the middle of selling this place and then buying a condo in Regina - we hope we can find a place without going to Regina just yet. But hubby will be going July 31 I think for 5 days to do a school plan and see what courses he is teaching at U of Regina and First Nations.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A new adventure! All the best!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Some people really like Sasktel Max for an internet bundle because you can do phones, cell phones, internet, home security, and cable through them, the more you get the lower you pay. Otherwise you are getting most things separately.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We're a Shaw family for basic cable and internet here, have SaskTel for phone. Shaw has amazing customer service so that's why we've stuck with them - I can even phone and ask them any stupid computer question that may not even have to do with internet and they will help! Plus if you need a tech to come out, they are really good, and have just a few days' wait.
    Also, it's cheaper than Sk. Tel. - I had gone through all the rates when we moved last Nov.

All depends upon what your needs/wants are, though.
    Both companies will have new customer rates for probably the first six months, so that will be good for you.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Our Shaw area here in Hamilton got bought out by Rogers. I always heard Shaw is pretty good. I like Fibe tv and I hope the place we get has it.

We saw via the web condos on Centential St - is that a good area. We are thinking of buying from Ontario so what are the good areas and the bad places to avoid.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

Welcome to Saskatchewan !!

Good luck at U of R. I graduated from there with a BA in Anthropology. What is your subject specialty ?

Do not get SaskTel MAX for cable TV. They have too many tech problems.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

my hubby is teaching there he has a PhD in Native Studies.

Is Washington Park area the ghetto?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information