User Tag List

Page 159 of 654 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have not had a birthday party since I was 10. I am 31 now. My parents and DH have always treated me well, but I would really like to have a party with all my friends. But when your birthday is in July, no one is in town, or everyone else is busy with their own birthday (seems like everyone's birthday is in July) or wedding or baby shower or something.

This year is going to be especially sad because it will be the anniversary of a big disappointment for me. Me and 3 other family members all have group birthdays lately because the birthdays are all close together and we can't go to 4 birthday parties in the same week.

I just want a day just for me once every 22 years
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Jul 3rd, 2014 at 10:04 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

torontogal, maybe throw one for yourself! That could be a blast!

But I know what you mean and understand; my last birthday party was when I was six, and I'm now 53.
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I have not had a birthday party since I was 10. I am 31 now. My parents and DH have always treated me well, but I would really like to have a party with all my friends. But when your birthday is in July, no one is in town, or everyone else is busy with their own birthday (seems like everyone's birthday is in July) or wedding or baby shower or something.

This year is going to be especially sad because it will be the anniversary of a big disappointment for me. Me and 3 other family members all have group birthdays lately because the birthdays are all close together and we can't go to 4 birthday parties in the same week.

I hear ya! My birthday is in the middle of August and no one is ever around(other than my mom, grandma, Dh and the kids )even when I was younger I'd be lucky if 5 out of the 30 kids that were invited showed up.
    The worst is now that I have kids any gift cards/cash(my family is lazy lol)I get goes towards back to school stuff, so not only do I not get a party or anything I don't even get to buy stuff for me with my birthday gifts.
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My birthday is in December. Nobody wants to celebrate...it`s too close to Christmas.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the same birthday issue. Mine is Thanksgiving, so everyone is celebrating that with their families. DS2 was born 4 days after my birthday, so even if there is a celebration, it is for him. I have had 1 birthday party, it was when I was 6, so now over 30 years ago. I am hoping to maybe celebrate my 50th? If not, I will always look back fondly to all of my drunken rants about dry Turkey.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went to Canadian tire to get a kettle that was on sale-none on shelf -so I ask guy goes to back to get 2 boxes-well the one I took home was used before stain in kettle and cracked base -ohhh stores check all boxes that come back-I workd in retail before and always did (some people do lie at customer service desk) so I had to waste gas and go back- i was pissed

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I hear ya, forgotten birthday sistas!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I totally get the birthday thing. I'm not usually a big birthday person, but every once in a while you want a bit of a celebration. My birthday usually falls on Mother's Day weekend so I always have to share Actually a couple of years ago, some of my extended family forgot about my birthday. They said we should get together for Mother's Day and it wasn't until my mom pointed out that my birthday was the exact same day as Mother's Day and we should celebrate that too that they then started referencing my birthday as well.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    My birthday is in December. Nobody wants to celebrate...it`s too close to Christmas.
    December birthdays are rough. My family is pretty much all December babies including one who is 2 days after Christmas and another is a New Years baby.
    ROMEO, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Don't feel bad.
    DD's birthday is 2 weeks, to the day, before mine. And it falls near Mother's Day. AND my MIL's birthday! So..4 events, 1 'celebration'. :/ (Either DD gets a party, or we eat out-one time only, for all 4.)
    ROMEO, Ciel, Candini and 1 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessDigi View Post
    Don't feel bad.
    DD's birthday is 2 weeks, to the day, before mine. And it falls near Mother's Day. AND my MIL's birthday! So..4 events, 1 'celebration'. :/ (Either DD gets a party, or we eat out-one time only, for all 4.)
    I feel for you. P1's is 13 days before mine, Mr P's is 6 days and mine frequently falls on or around Mother's Day.

P2's falls around Thanksgiving as does her BFF who's a whole day older.
    Ciel likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Don't feel bad.
    Similar situation with me

wedding anniversary 4 days before birthday (we were stuck with this day or wait another year to get married. I really didn't want this but didn't want to wait so now I am stuck with it forever)
    Cousin's birthday 3 days before my birthday
    my birthday
    mom's birthday 4 days after mine
    SIL's birthday 5 days after mine
    Other cousin's birthday 10 days after mine

See what I mean
    Last edited by torontogal12; Fri, Jul 4th, 2014 at 11:53 PM.
    Ciel and trishka like this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Our stroller was stolen today! But recovered, thankfully....
    DH got home from work, and all was well. We decided we'd walk and pick up the kids from daycare (we both wanted the exercise and we were gonna stop at the park on the way home). DH goes out while I grab my phone, and asks where the stroller is. Someone had taken it!!! And left a single stroller (ours is a sit-n-stand) on the sidewalk in front of the house.
    So we drive to the daycare, and DH decides he's pissed and wants to go somewhere and not stay at home, so we come back home and I grab my USB stick so I can print a picture at WalMart and as we're driving, we see 2 girls (and a little boy in OUR stroller) jaywalking! So DH does a U-turn and we confirm. Yep, our stroller! Missing sun-shade, missing cup-holder in front, and my special Jolly Jumper cup-holder in back. So they walk across and we have to wait (traffic) and they leave our stroller outside Shopper's DrugMart. (And before anyone asks, YES, 100% sure our stroller. There's also a Bench sticker that's been on it since it was new. DS put it on there.)
    Called the cops, and they're checking surveillance for the area...
    Glad that you got the stroller back. We had our stroller stolen from our carport last year. We live near the lakeshore and there was a festival that weekend. I guess the person who stole it figured they lived far enough away that we would never find them (which was true). But who the hell steals a stroller from a little baby?
    MillieH likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was in the basement painting the walls and the freaking power goes out......I am standing on the small ladder, paint can is on the floor, but where? Oh Lord! I managed to get out of there ok and found a flashlight without spilling paint. Then once the lights were back on I hear the dogs barking upstairs....I figured just someone walking by as I heard no knock or doorbell. Come upstairs later to a notice from Purolater stuck to my front door ( says it is for a letter, could they not have dropped that into my securely locked mailbox?? )
    THEN not a half hour later UPS drops my DD's large parcel right between the doors and dashes off.
    What a fun day I had!
    Natalka, Ciel, MillieH and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I've never been one to have a bday party.. I'm the oldest of 8 kids, 2 sisters have their bday the day before and a brother 5 days later. My husband has always been away on my birthdays. I was always the one to make cakes for them and make a fuss.. Anyways in January of the year I turned 50.. I was feeling lucky to be alive and wanted it to be acknowledged.. so over the course of the year I told all my siblings that I wanted that birthday to be acknowledged.. I didnt' need a gift but I'd like a card and or a call.. It got them all thinking I guess and they all arranged to come spend the wknd at my house.. well 5 of them.. it was decided we would all buy each other a gift. .. so I had 5 of my sisters at my house for my bday.. no partners or kids.. just the 6th of us.. It was so much fun. We played games, went out to eat.. walked down memory lane.. a truly wonderful experience.. sometimes we just have to state what we want , often enough to be heard.. I hope you manage to have an event that makes you feel as wonderful as that made me.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post

Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Thread Information