User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree206Likes

Thread: Malaysian airliner MH17 crashed in Ukraine

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Officials in the Netherlands say at least one Canadian was among the 298 people who died on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17, which crashed in Eastern Ukraine Thursday.

Jos Nijhuis, CEO of Schiphol Airport, confirmed the 15-member crew were Malaysian nationals and said the plane also carried:

• 154 Dutch passengers.
    • 27 from Australia.
    • 23 from Malaysia (including two infants).
    • 12 Indonesians (including one infant).
    • Nine from the United Kingdom.
    • Four from Germany.
    • Four from Belgium.
    • Three from the Philippines.

No names were given, and the official said the nationalities of some passengers were still being determined.

The Department of Foreign Affairs said it is "aware of media reports indicating that one Canadian citizen was aboard the flight."

"We are working with local authorities to gather more information on the situation. Consular officials in Ottawa stand ready to provide consular assistance to the families of the victims," the department said in a statement to CBC News.
    "Our thoughts are with the families and friends of the passengers and crew on board flight MH17."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh17-1-canadian-aboard-official-says-1.2710406

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/mh17.html
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Jul 17th, 2014 at 09:10 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    He needs to keep his senile trap shut until there is proof.
    No different than what others are speculating -

Hilary Clinton says that the MH17 attack can "probably" be blamed on pro-Russian rebels.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/hillary-c...an-insurgents/
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

AP PublishedJuly 17, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Vladmir Putin says Ukraine bears responsibility for the crash of a Malaysian airliner.

A Kremlin statement early Friday said Putin opened a meeting with his economic advisers by calling for a moment of silence over the crash.

Then, he said, "This tragedy would not have happened if there were peace on this land, if the military actions had not been renewed in southeast Ukraine. And, certainly, the state over whose territory this occurred bears responsibility for this awful tragedy."
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Kyiv Netherlands Embassy

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

AIDS researchers on MH17 heading to Melbourne

MH17 crash: Aids researchers heading to Melbourne believed among dead

Scientists were on route to the 20th international Aids conference, due to start on Sunday

A number of scientists and researchers heading to a key Aids conference in Melbourne were reportedly on board the Malaysia Airlines plane that has crashed in Ukraine.

The scientists were en route to AIDS2014, the 20th international Aids conference. The event, to be held in Melbourne between 20 and 25 July, will feature former US president Bill Clinton and activist Bob Geldof.
    A spokesman for the International AIDS Society said the organisation was seeking to confirm the identities of those killed in the incident.
    "The International AIDS Society (IAS) today expresses its sincere sadness at receiving news that a number of colleagues and friends en route to attend the 20thInternational AIDS Conference taking place in Melbourne, Australia, were on board the Malaysian Airlines MH17 flight that has crashed over Ukraine earlier today," the organisation said in a statement.
    "At this incredibly sad and sensitive time the IAS stands with our international family and sends condolences to the loved ones of those who have been lost to this tragedy."
    Michel Sidibe, who is executive director of UN Aids, tweeted:
    My thoughts & prayers to families of those tragically lost on flight #MH17. Many passengers were enroute to #AIDS2014 here in #Melbourne.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Thu, Jul 17th, 2014 at 10:52 PM.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

A list of the victims

Confirmed death toll so far
    • Netherlands: 189
    • Malaysia: 44 (including 15 crew)
    • Australian: 27
    • Indonesia: 12
    • UK: 9
    • Germany: 4
    • Belgium: 4
    • Philippines: 3
    • Canada: 1
    • New Zealand: 1
    • Unverified: 4

Total: 298

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

we mostly worry about weather problems (sighing and lately about nathan
    and his grandparents).
    finding it unbelievable to think that at any moment if you live in 'this country'
    you have to run to try and save yourselves
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We'll, I seems to be definite: the plane was taken down by pro Russian rebels in the Ukraine.
    CNN played a taped conversation between the rebels discussing and admitting that they down the plane....from their first discovery that it was a passenger plane and not a military one!
    If I find a transcript, I'll post it.
    But the fact is: Russia IS behind this!

Where is the black box? No one is talking about it!
    How can the invited experts even get to the crash site when it's controlled by the rebels?!

You can bet evidence is being removed!
    Damn the Russians!
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just in: the rebels are in possession of one of the black boxes.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Putin's plane didn't overfly Ukraine

Malaysian Airlines MH17 plane was travelling almost the same route as Russia’s President Vladimir Putin’s jet shortly before the crash that killed 298, Interfax news agency reports citing sources.
    LIVE UPDATES:Malaysia Airlines MH17 plane crash in Ukraine
    “I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon. That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft - 15:44 Moscow time,” a source told the news agency on condition of anonymity.
    "The contours of the aircrafts are similar, linear dimensions are also very similar, as for the coloring, at a quite remote distance they are almost identical", the source added.

At the same time, there have been reports contradicting Intefax’s report that was the first and the only media source to publish the news, saying that Presidential plane was not flying over Ukraine at the same time.
    As a source told Gazeta.ru online news portal, Putin’s plane does take off from Vnukovo-3 [the terminal that accepts business jets], but the president does not fly over the conflict-gripped neighboring country.
    “Putin has only one jet – Board One, he does not fly other planes. This plane always takes off from Vnukovo-3, but the presidential plane have not been flying over Ukraine for a while,” the source at Vnukovo-3 terminal said.
    President Putin was on his way from Brazil, where he attended the BRICS summit, to Moscow.
    ‘Tragedy would't have taken place if there was peace in Ukraine’

Ukraine should bear responsibility for Malaysian airliner tragedy, said the head of the Russian state at a meeting on economic issues, which he proposed to start with a minute of silence in memory of the victims of the disaster.
    “Obviously, the state over whose territory it happened bears responsibility for this terrible tragedy,” he said late on Thursday.
    “This tragedy would not have happened if there was peace on this land, if military action in the southeast of Ukraine had not been resumed,” Putin said, adding that he has asked the appropriate Russian authorities to do everything to investigate the matter.
    It's from Russia Today.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Scroll down to hear the conversation

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/38604391.cms
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Also here:
    http://mashable.com/2014/07/17/malay...-leaked-audio/

I find the response of the Major so callous, so cold.....but he's a Russian, so no surprise.
    "well then it was bringing spies".....what?!?!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jul 18th, 2014 at 10:52 AM.
    madchives likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Woman loses relatives in both Malaysia air disasters
    http://www.thestar.com/news/world/20...disasters.html

An Australian woman lost her brother and sister in law on Flight 370 and has now lost her stepdaughter and her husband in this crash.
    madchives and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ that's just so sad, trishka - well, it's all so very sad.

Lynn, I watched that vid yesterday - along with lots of other info about which side has what type of weaponry where. Didn't post anything here yet, because so much yet is 'speculation' and I didn't want to show any bias.

If the Russians took the first black box, then I doubt anyone else is ever going to get that info.
    madchives likes this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information