Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Durham Couponer
  • 2 Post By tiffy1324
  • 1 Post By Anna Michele

Thread: Giant Tiger- pleasant surprise!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I usually avoid couponing or price matching at the Ajax, Ontario Giant Tiger store because I've had difficulties and refusals for transactions in the past. I actually avoided the store for several years because of witnessing a heated discussion between employee and manager over breaks due by law but refused. Employees change, second chances are given, we start to shop periodically for clothes and odds and ends at GT.

I had a coupon refused for reasons that I didn't agree with, so I emailed GT customer service and the manufacturer and put a poor review on the store's Facebook page. I said I'd just price match and use the coupon elsewhere. I was pretty ticked over what was really a small thing, I'll readily admit to that.

Less than 24 hours later, customer service contacted me, followed by the store manager who phoned AND emailed me while on his vacation! That impressed me that the store manager cared enough about an infrequent customer to respond and resolve my complaint on time off. I would have understood a delayed response because of vacation time. The manager offered an apology and a gift card, a lovely gesture that he didn't have to do.

I'll be going back to GT more often now instead of always price matching in other stores because a place that works so hard to keep a customer deserves business.
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I love when managers handle situations properly! I went to GT today to use a few coupons and was hesitant as its not a place I usually shop at. Cashier didnt seem bothered with my coupons (unlike my cashiers at NF) and she punched them in so quickly I was taken aback. Im used to cashiers not knowing how to enter coupons! Very pleased with the service

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I agree everyone deserves a Second chance GT is getting more familiar with coupons here too i have occasionally even went there to pm another store
    Durham Couponer likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Thread Information