Frugally living September - jasperandchar

Stompin Sept Savings - momof5boys

Frugallity at her best ,September thread - cath007

Back to routine and savings challenge September thread - cath007

Fall is close...fail appart for savings,September thread - cath007

"Fall" into September Savings. - avoncallingu

Super September Savings - Lizzie Bargain
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Aug 27th, 2014 at 08:12 AM.
    cath007 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Reserved for Goals and challenges

saundyl
    Goals for August and September

1) Organize some of the items we have that we never use & dispose of in a fashion that will allow someone else to obtain it and use it.

2) "Find" Make or Save an extra hundred to put back into my Emergency fund thats been depleted fixing our bathtub.

3) Find Fabric to finalize my boarder and backing for two quilts i'm making. Major goal is to have these done for the end of they year (not as gifts though)

4) Convince BF to help me paint the living room. I finally got him to look at colors.

5) Start looking for a different job. Changes at work have definitely lowered the benefits that encouraged me to take the job 2 years ago in the first place.

6) We dont have the boys basically all month so I'd like to get their rooms cleaned under the beds and clothing that is not worn/too small removed from the drawers and closets.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sat, Aug 9th, 2014 at 04:50 PM.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My goals for August are -

1. Find something positive in each day

2. Work on my braided rag rug

3. Help dh fill out his CPPD paperwork

4. Bake desserts & meals from scratch

5. Don't stress over the things that I really have no control over

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cant wait going on my holiday-tell you all about it next week -take care ladies -will miss chatting to you

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    cant wait going on my holiday-tell you all about it next week -take care ladies -will miss chatting to you
    Have a wonderful time with your sweetheart coupon girl, we'll miss you as well my friend

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

2. Work on my braided rag rug
    Would love to see what it looks like. Have always loved braided rugs and the colours in them.
    Want Free Gift Cards? Join me at SWAGBUCKS!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bekki3

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I'll work on my August list shortly. just got back from doing a little garage saling. wow. did i do well. now to wait for someone to get up and bring it in from the car. LOL
    its going to be warm today. well its there. laundry and clean up today.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Did my original post in the old thread, not sure what it is but yeah my brain is just not ready for it to be August yet it still wants to be in July.

Almost done work for today just half an hour to go. Will head down the other end to close off and get ready to head out. We are going to head out shopping once I get home. Hoping to come in under budget but we will have to see since we only spent $17 last week so just getting the basics might get us close to $50.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

on vacation from august 11 - august 20
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hiya everyone,

Just want to let you gals know that I will be MIA(ing) from Sunday until sometime Friday so don't worry.

Brought Charlotte back to the vet this am and well they have sent a scringe away for analysis but in the meantime she is doing better but still has a size of a baseball on her right cheek, poor girl.

Need to make something as we have a family pig roast tomorrow which I thought was in 2 weeks so I need to decide what I will make & bring, something with pasta for sure as we have tons.

Now off to pack and get my things together.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

August- can't believe it!
    Now that I have the income tax taken care of- will get back to unpacking and organizing.
    Trying to be very frugal as "surprise" costs have meant that money has been flowing out the door like a flood - Shhhhh- Don't even mention that word!

I want to establish who will be responsible for supper early in the day. DH usually makes supper but he sometimes overdoes it during the day and then it's 6:00 pm and no one feels like cooking - result? Take out.

I am going to follow up on "hidden" money - like sending away meds receipts that our insurance will reimburse us for.

I am also going to get back to trading some coupons to see if I can't get hold of some more that we will use.

Put together birthday gifts from stashes that we have. Any ideas for a good 70th gift?

Get out and promote my wedding officiant business by visiting wedding venues, etc. to hand out my business cards. FIND my business cards! LOL! (Which box in the basement are they IN?)

That's probably enough!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Aug 2nd, 2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Had to go to Listowel this afternoon to pick up meds so I stopped at Walmart. Found a couple different cute fall towels so stocked up.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Went shopping yesterday, went pretty well we came in over budget by $4.90 which pretty much came down to the second bag of salad we bought. My mom does not like salads with lettuce in them as the lettuce usually does not sit well with her so now we buy Kale Salad from Costco which she can eat. It is more expensive but if she can eat it. They now have 2 new ones on top of the one we usually buy so we decided to try one of the two new ones the other one has an avocado dressing which neither of us would eat.

I also purchased a new fall/winter coat at Costco which my mom is ecstatic about because it does not have the company logo on it. I really do not buy jackets as I have so many company jackets from over the years. Kind of feeling a bit of buyers remorse for spending the money since I do have a number of company jackets I can choose from. It was a great price but still I just think of all the other things I could have bought.

So far my long weekend clean up has not gone as planned, since I had to work yesterday and we decided to go shopping and no cleaning happened. I am finding it very hard to get my side projects on top of just day to day cleaning within the house. I have to admit lately I have been quite overwhelmed with the house. My mom finally has a pan for the basement but now putting it into action is going to be a lot of work. I really feel like we have more than this house can hold but trying to get mom to get rid of anything is hard because really none of it is junk or no good it all has a purpose so she wants to keep it. All I can do is wait and see how it goes and if I can get her to even come down the basement with me.

So far I have the laundry going, next I need to do some quick clean up in my stockpile room. The kitchen needs to be cleaned up as we cleaned out the fridge yesterday. Alright time to get to work and see what I can done before mom gets up.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We arranged for a sitter yesterday because we planned on attending Guardians of the Galaxy this afternoon with another couple. We have had this babysitter take care of our son one other time. This will be the last time that we have her. Dh drove across town and back (twice) and she didn't talk. OK, I would prefer an update on how our son was this afternoon with her. That's the small stuff. When we walked into our living room our LO sat up on the couch from his nap the "baby sitter" was still sprawled across the rest of the couch sound asleep!! Dh had to shake her awake because she didn't realize we were home. The only time that I ever thought about sleeping while on a babysitting job was when it was overnight or until the wee hours of the morning. Why in the world couldn't this girl stay awake for the 3hrs that she was supposed to be caring for our son?? So needless to say we will not be getting her again. There was a young girl that I have taught that is heading into Grade 9 this fall. She is nice, has siblings, gives us updates on the drive to drop her off. I will certainly be getting her back in the future. Just such a waste of money. We don't get a babysitter very often, but I certainly don't see the point in paying someone that kind of money when they literally sleep on the job.

edit: Dh and I don't think that our LO was asleep when we got home because he sat up in the instant that I walked in the front door. He was so tired that he went to bed an hour early, without a fight. I think he was just vegging while watching the cartoons on tv. LO stayed glued to my lap the entire time that dh was driving the sitter home.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Aug 4th, 2014 at 12:39 AM. Reason: added more info
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Angela, make sure you phone her mom and tell her.

Hope everyone had a great day! Ours is ho-hum... but okay.

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information