User Tag List

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    MrsS hope everything is okay and you are so right on anger or frustration can really motivate things. I usually take mine out on our bathroom and there have been moments it has never looked so good because I thought I would going to take off a layer or the skin or toilet as I was scrubbing so hard.

Angela hope everything gets straightened out, it looks like this little girl has really been put in the middle of her parent's issues which is sad.

Nancy good luck on the batch cooking, this is something I would like to do as soon as we get our freezers cleaned out.

So it is Tuesday, back to work yesterday which was an insane day. Apparently I fell behind over the weekend. As well went shopping last night after work, got everything except for 2 things on our list and we came in around $30 (have to add it up tonight to confirm). The 2 things still remaining Mom will price match and pick up on day before or after work.

Not sure what has gotten into Mom but all of a sudden she is completely on board with trying to get things cleaned up at home which is amazing, but I am being cautious as I know this could flip again. Will see what I can get done tonight as Mom is at work and for some reason I can always get more done when home alone, crank the music and just get to work.

I talked with the guy who is in a coma's mom on Sunday, he is still in the Coma. They have done some tests and determined that there is no paralysis and he has not lost any motor function but they are worried about his memory. The blood clot was in that portion of the brain as well when he had the stroke he fell and hit the same place. Hoping and praying he wakes up soon, my heart breaks for his family, he is only 31 and has two small daughters and has now been in a coma for over 3 week.

Hope everyone has a great day, I am hoping it goes by quickly.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So sad Ashley.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just saw on a mom swap group that someone is having a garage sale near me. All I have to do is put signs on the corner and other side of street and would get all their traffic. I hate having garage sales but may be a good way to get rid of a bit of junk. Even if I just set up 8-10am

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

go for it FBM. even an extra few bucks is great. if you have someone to help you out, you can keep bringing stuff out as long as its selling.
    well quiet morning here.. with regards to our 'issue'. its to the way side for now at least for a few days.
    can't really go into details. just praying it works itself out without any problems.

im thinking of heading to Michael's. heard a tip that they have some things on sale i use in my projects CHEAP. just need to wake up.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Our Little Ceaser's is selling medium pizza's for $3.99 today (1 topping) I'm sure it is everywhere. Treating the boys tonight and leftovers for the next few days.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So MIL showed up at 840AM to pick me up for my 9AM appointment a 1/2 hour away so happy she didn't forget me, glad that is over with and thankful she drove me.

Rainy day here, paid my CC bill and sent off 2 cheques for our school taxes for the boys and our cottage lot, glad to have gotten these things out of the way.

Not much planned for today except some tidying up and some tv time.

WIshing everyone a fantastic day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Better late then never lol
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Brought leftovers for lunch today (my amazing mans homemade meatloaf, baby carrots and roasted potatoes) It is so good. May take a walk around Walmart on my lunch hour to get out of the office and stretch. On the hunt for clearance/Christmas gifts. Need to get rolling on that. Want to be done shopping by November 1st and wrapped by the 15th. Tired of rushing around the Christmas season shopping and not enjoying the festivities.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Think the November 22nd weekend we will host a Family and Friends gathering. Music, drinks and tons of food. Need to start planning it

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    FREE Alokozay Tea through Save.ca.
    Here is the link http://www.save.ca/coupons

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All,
    Good morning.
    So glad the rain has stopped. Has no internet yesterday.
    Need to run out to No Frills before the rain starts again..
    Also need to go and dig through the freezer to see what I have left in there, and to make a meal plan with what's left.
    Will come back on later, to read the pages of the last couple of days.
    Here's wishing everyone a great day.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well a surprisingly relaxing day around here-althoughI should get DD up soon to shower and put the finishing touches on packing her toiletries as we leave home in 4 hours. Apparently she is already getting onto German time which is 8 hrs ahead! Lunch will be toast and omelettes with veggies, cheese and ham according to each ones preference and dinner will be whateve Air Canada feeds me!! Hope the rest of August is good to you all. Happy Tues and the rest of the month.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

So sooo happy with the rain this morning! It's supposed to get hot again in a couple of hours, so I just made three zucchini loaves and running the dishwasher while all the windows are opened to the cooler air.

I have a couple of jars of applesauce mixed with blackberries and decided to use some of this to make the zucchini loaves - hopefully works out. Now off to get another back of bread and butter pickles ready for the canner - still have 11 cukes in the fridge that needs to be dealt with. So it's a stay at home day again - also getting caught up on laundry. I found a book read on You Tube "The Millionaire Next Door" which I think I'll listen to in part today while chopped cukes

Have a great frugal day everyone!
    Last edited by momof5boys; Tue, Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:58 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Score! I have wanted the Rubbermaid lunch blox sandwich kit for DS (has the ice thing and all containers snap together) but I wasn't paying $10 for it. Walmart had a display for $5. Rang up at $8.47 so got one for $5 and the other for $0. You don't know how happy this makes me lol

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

awesome FBM on the RM containers.

i realize i wouldn't melt, y does it rain when i want to go across town on the bus.. sigh. may do it anyway just means not seeing dh til tomorrow. may just wait..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information