User Tag List

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ok pizza and crazy bread on the stove for when kids are hungry. Mama is off to the basement to sort some junk . Will gather a box and bring it up to post for sale as I go . Wish me luck

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Good luck Frugalbigmama.

LO started his day at 6:30 this morning, so I got up for the day. We took my brother out for Chinese food last night and he told me to come and pick raspberries because they are going to waste. I took LO over to my brother's house to pick some over-ripe raspberries. LO loved pulling out toys to play with in the back yard while I picked berries at 8:30am. We were home by 9:20am. The little girl's dad had said he'd drop her off 10-11am. She arrived at 11:20. When they were both down for their naps I took the baby monitor with me while I watered my vegetable garden. It is currently 28C here and supposed to stay this hot for the entire week. The dad called during their nap to change plans again. The mom is now going to pick her up after work today and the little girl will be here Wednesday and Thursday this week. I was waiting to see what their plans for this week were ultimately going to be...so I have her for 4 of the 5 booked days. I mixed up a large batch of meatballs, but LO woke up before I had them rolled. We had a little quite time and then I put on cartoons for him to watch while I rolled the big batch of lean ground beef meatballs. After they were rolled I woke up the little girl. They got snacks while I started frying the meat. The meatballs are now cooling on the counter and I will freeze them all for later use. There really is no extra room in the fridge right now and there is lots of leftovers for tonight's supper. Anyway, what I was trying to point out was the "fun" of trying to multi-task with young children. haha. Dh will be home before 5pm. Little girl will be picked up about 5:30. I am heading to the library to tutor from 6:30-8pm tonight.

Wednesday and Thursday schedule
    7:15am-5:00pm 3yr old boy
    8:10am-5:30pm little girl
    4:45pm dh gets home from work
    6:30-8pm tutoring at the public library. I still have to prepare because he is new and only session booked is Wednesday. Different student on Thursday.

I really want to do some shopping at WM, but I'm really not sure when I will be able to get there.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So Logan and I are planning and I use the word planning (lol) to do some cooking and baking tomorrow. Jaden has been asking for his banana muffins (lol) so I will defrost some bananas and make a bunch as school is around the corner ( he is away w/ dh). I also will ask Logan what he would like to make as a dessert (fingers crossed it's not something super fancy) haha. And I will be making sweet & sour chicken for tomorrow's dinner and will freeze the leftovers. Also thinking about trying a recipe for breakfast muffins (egg, ham, veggies) for dh to take while away at the moose camp and perhaps healthier breakfast choices and who knows maybe Jaden will like them too. My kids don't eat eggs but I must admit I never like eggs until about 1 year ago .

Has anyone ever made pizza muffins?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!!

Some of us have separate banking accounts for certain savings, payments, utilities, vehicle upkeep +++++etc

Would you consider and take all the monies from those accounts/savings and pay down a debt be it credit card, loc, school loan, whatever the case may be and start over and rebuild your savings account, bill payment nests, etc in and over time???? Would you do this To have this debt vanish or be a small fraction of what you currently owe?

If you don't mind share your reasoning for or against....

Thanks for all your input

2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!!

Some of us have separate banking accounts for certain savings, payments, utilities, vehicle upkeep +++++etc

Would you consider and take all the monies from those accounts/savings and pay down a debt be it credit card, loc, school loan, whatever the case may be and start over and rebuild your savings account, bill payment nests, etc in and over time???? Would you do this To have this debt vanish or be a small fraction of what you currently owe?

If you don't mind share your reasoning for or against....

Thanks for all your input

Yes,I would do it....After seeing so many ''warning of not paying those carts'' and have a bad credit,(brother papers)..I know a good credit and reputation is important.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    well a surprisingly relaxing day around here-althoughi should get dd up soon to shower and put the finishing touches on packing her toiletries as we leave home in 4 hours. Apparently she is already getting onto german time which is 8 hrs ahead! Lunch will be toast and omelettes with veggies, cheese and ham according to each ones preference and dinner will be whateve air canada feeds me!! Hope the rest of august is good to you all. Happy tues and the rest of the month.
    enjoy your trip!!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh Lizze, hope your trip is fabulous..

Nancy.. IMQ... not a clue. dh does all the accounting stuff.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Already failed of some of my goals.....Anybody knows that Actor Robin Williams is dead and he commited suicide yesterday...I was not aware until this morning...That is what happen to my brother may 1...so imagine my choc...
    I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, Cath!
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-lizzie enjoy your trip -hon

-jasper hubby and I would pay off the one thing -then save again-thats just us

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sorry double post
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Tue, Aug 12th, 2014 at 08:29 PM.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

J&C - definitely pay off debt first, it's what drags a family down.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Good luck Frugalbigmama.

LO started his day at 6:30 this morning, so I got up for the day. We took my brother out for Chinese food last night and he told me to come and pick raspberries because they are going to waste. I took LO over to my brother's house to pick some over-ripe raspberries. LO loved pulling out toys to play with in the back yard while I picked berries at 8:30am. We were home by 9:20am. The little girl's dad had said he'd drop her off 10-11am. She arrived at 11:20. When they were both down for their naps I took the baby monitor with me while I watered my vegetable garden. It is currently 28C here and supposed to stay this hot for the entire week. The dad called during their nap to change plans again. The mom is now going to pick her up after work today and the little girl will be here Wednesday and Thursday this week. I was waiting to see what their plans for this week were ultimately going to be...so I have her for 4 of the 5 booked days. I mixed up a large batch of meatballs, but LO woke up before I had them rolled. We had a little quite time and then I put on cartoons for him to watch while I rolled the big batch of lean ground beef meatballs. After they were rolled I woke up the little girl. They got snacks while I started frying the meat. The meatballs are now cooling on the counter and I will freeze them all for later use. There really is no extra room in the fridge right now and there is lots of leftovers for tonight's supper. Anyway, what I was trying to point out was the "fun" of trying to multi-task with young children. haha. Dh will be home before 5pm. Little girl will be picked up about 5:30. I am heading to the library to tutor from 6:30-8pm tonight.

Wednesday and Thursday schedule
    7:15am-5:00pm 3yr old boy
    8:10am-5:30pm little girl
    4:45pm dh gets home from work
    6:30-8pm tutoring at the public library. I still have to prepare because he is new and only session booked is Wednesday. Different student on Thursday.

I really want to do some shopping at WM, but I'm really not sure when I will be able to get there.
    This post brings back memories....but then just of my own kiddos when the older three were baby, 2 and 4...always juggling and work was never ending but fun times for sure!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

We had a CRAZY thunderstorm this morning. Lightning landed in an open lot just down the street. I just about jumped out of bed! So this slowed everything down as I didn't want to take a shower while it was lightning and the dogs are very nervous. I couldn't take them out for a walk.
    We have a cleaner come and while she's here, I have to keep the dogs out of her way, so, tick, tick, the day goes by.
    I decided to work on getting some money back from finnicky sources.
    Since we moved, we are paying twice as much for our rental water heater AND it makes so much noise that it is hard to get to sleep.(no kidding) It turns out that because of the placement of the water heater and the fact that we have no chimney, we need a vent which is the reason for the increase- BUT- we CAN get an electric one which would reduce our rental but, I figure would increase our electric bill, but would also would reduce our gas bill. Whew! So a guy is going to come out and tell us what would be best.

Then I investigated why we were still paying for extra minutes on our cell phone when I thought I had cancelled it in July. They are going to put this right.

Then I am trying to combine our house and auto insurance to get a lower rate for both. New car and new house has meant an increase in both. Someone is going to call back.

Every few dollars is important.

Thanks for listening!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It stormed here too tonight. Crack of thunder scared our dog lol. Grass and garden is now watered lol.
    I posted things for sale. Have a pick up tomorrow. Let's hope they actually show up. If not there was another person interested. It will sell eventually. Buyer for everything!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

were always listening Avon..
    big storm here too. it was blowing sideways.. wow. the flowers/grass needed it badly.

well ds and i have agreed to move forward with some important appts in the next few weeks. these should have been done MONTHS ago.
    crossing fingers everything goes smoothly. not sure what the next few months will bring as a result of what we find out.
    were nearly half way through august already. it seems the minute we hit August time starts to fast forward.
    better enjoy the last bit while we can.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information