User Tag List

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ thriftygranny how awful, you would think they would offer him food instead of getting you to drive him over dinner at 10, craziness, sending prayers and positive thoughts for your son and your family
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

it appears that Mondays are the days that my computer gets attacked, this time they not only disabled my avg but they have someone corrupted it, I have spent all afternoon trying to reset to an early date but they seem to have a bug in their too, so I'm working on safe mode which sucks but I guess I will have to try something new but if not fixed by the time the guys return I will have to bring it in...wish me luck

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Thrifty thinking of you and wishing healing for your boy!

Angela yay! DD2 had her first poo on the potty yesterday! We don't want to train her until the fall (mainly for pee, because I find it is a lot of work). Less distractions in the fall for us, more settled in the new house and not out and about so much. BUT, I will take poo in the potty over poo in the nappy any day! I think we will continue putting her on when we see cues.

Made $22 to throw into home reno funds too. All the items I listed sold over the weekend!!!

Crunch time around here to get stuff done before back to work in a week/two weeks.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    So sorry to hear of this accident - we feel for our kids when they are hurting....would he be getting some sort of worker's compensation? My son broke his forearm at work three weeks ago which had to be set before casting - still another three weeks in a cast but he is receiving full pay for the shifts he would have worked. This is a huge blessing to him as he is madly saving for post secondary. He can't wait to get back to work.
    Yes he wil be compensated which yes is a huge blessing for him. He won't be going to university for two more years but has big dreams and post secondary is so expensive. hope you son is recovering nicely!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well the surgery is done! they had to put in more screws than originally planned and some have to be removed in 6 weeks which means another surgery...darn. We got an on call surgeon and instead of our consult surgeon and he is our new neighbor across the street.I recognized him because I always see him walking four West Highland terriers when I am walking my dogs!! i really liked how he dealt with the situation and he was wonderful with Jayden. Jayden is sleeping it off as his dad watches over while I get a few things organized for his discharge tomorrow.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ thriftygranny wow what wonderful news and I guess you'll be able to ask your neighbour if you have any questions or concerns (lol) but truly pleased that surgery 1 is done and over with and Jayden can recover, love the name my son's name is Jaden. Here's to a speedy recovery and well wishes all the way around. I guess Jaden's are true outdoors men as my Jaden loves the fishing & hunting and thrives in the woods like yours does.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

my gracious TG what a horrible days for you and your son. so glad to hear all is finally taken care of surgery wise.. for now at least.
    hope he mends fast.

Nancy.. your computer was attacked.. that sucks. knock on wood its not contagious.

well here its been one of those days.
    i went to a job interview this morning.. lets just say if they do happen to call me tomorrow.. they are getting a piece of my mind. im so not impressed. don't want to get into where, or what was said.. but wow. how unprofessional.. do i email the HO again?.. feel like thats all i do.
    then i applied to another job.. keeping my fingers crossed it works out. a little more travelling involved but way better hours.
    i'll just keep trying bound to find something that works out.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

So glad Jaden got his surgery done! Now the healing can start! We had bbq. chicken, potato salad and wonderful local corn for supper. Local peaches are ripe too. And I LOVE peaches! This part of the year is so yummy around here! We are getting our water heater replaced tomorrow, to reduce noise and costs. So I plan to have a shower tonight because they might be here really early and they'll turn off the water, of course.

Hope everyone has a good day!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Avoncallingu,the House Rabbit Society has a really good page about what to do if you find a nest,Don't worry,they will be fine,just walk the dogs elsewhere for a couple weeks.http://rabbit.org/faq-orphaned-baby-bunnies/
    avoncallingu likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thriftygranny, so glad your son got the surgery - wishing him speedy healing! And so nice to hear that his employer is good!

Had a nice supper and visit here with our son, packed him up with leftovers and goodies from the pantry and fridge to take home. Plus two of our contest wins - bluetooth speakers, oh and coupons for free Lindt bars - those he was very happy about!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

TG-glad your son finally got his surgery!! So sad to hear our young men are still being hurt in work accidents. I think they tend to take the riskier jobs in the summer.

Off to see some more sights today

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Here we go (lol) here are the things my guys will eat,

hamburgers (ground beef only)
    meatballs but they can't be moist (they have texture issues) so nothing with milk or oatmeal, breadcrumbs
    roast chicken
    chicken breast
    sweet n' sour chicken
    pork chops
    pulled pork
    pea meal bacon (1 guy won't eat these)
    homemade pogos (1 guy won't eat these)
    pizza
    sausages but only spicy Italian
    steak but only rib steak

and seriously that's about it with the exception of chicken fingers, chicken wings (ya right)
    Hmmm.... What can I suggest....

Besides stocking up on meat sales (which I know you already do) the only other thing I could suggest would be to try serving some "lunch" or "breakfast" type meals in between the meat heavy meals during the week. Grilled Cheese and Soup, Eggs and Toast.... are cheaper meatless meals.

You mentioned that they like hunting and fishing. Do they like eating the fish, vension etc... that they get?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    Hmmm.... What can I suggest....

Besides stocking up on meat sales (which I know you already do) the only other thing I could suggest would be to try serving some "lunch" or "breakfast" type meals in between the meat heavy meals during the week. Grilled Cheese and Soup, Eggs and Toast.... are cheaper meatless meals.

You mentioned that they like hunting and fishing. Do they like eating the fish, vension etc... that they get?
    DH and I love eggs but the boys don't eat them, ds2 won't eat sandwiches, never has, ds1 will eat a grilled cheese but the boys also don't eat soup, ds1 loves hunting & fishing but is not crazy about venison but will eat some fish (some - taste test type of some)

Just waiting for some ground beef to go on sale, I was not able to get the 2lbs on sale at GT a few weeks back and never made it to get the pork loin this past weekend etiher. It's times like this I so miss my car,

wishing everyone a wonderful day

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have some laundry in the washer going set out to dry as they are calling for rain starting Wednesday pm.

I have pulled some chicken carcasses and all the juices/stock that I have in baggies from the freezers as my plan for today is to make a large pot of chicken and rice soup.

Yesterday I changed my mind at the last minute from making chili to making meatballs which I decided was a more practical and versatile choice. So I now have 4lbs of meatballs made and frozen. I divided the meatballs into 3 meal size portions with enough for a leftover meal for ds1 if he likes them to take to school for lunch (time will tell). I did do up a sauce for 1 of the 3 containers and will get the boys give me their opinions (lol) it was so easy but tasty. It was 1 (250ml mason jar) of homemade cranberry jelly (we picked the cranberries last Sept. long weekend) mixed with 1/2 of a (250ml jar) of bbq sauce (used sweet baby rays) and 1/2 a (250ml) jar of water, mixed up and super yummy so I think .

Now off to hang the 1st load and start the 2nd.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Mrs. S. good luck with your job hunting

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information